IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Please help! ***I WON***

Comments

• dang

so i call the parking people, ask them to agree to set it aside if I pay the £357 in full?

Do I still send off the set aside form?
  • I've read some stories online from people who have been in exactly the same situation and won... I am so conflicted as to what to do!
  • @couponmad if you come back online (I HAVE to go to sleep, another 12 hour shift tonight :( ) I have contacted the court and got the details of the claim
    I have also emailed the CEL and asked for all the paperwork to be sent to me.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Read up now on set aside by consent.

Which is advised to you in #41

If you decide to take that advice the court fee will be £100.

If successful you will have the CCJ expunged from the record
  • Ok thank you I will call them on Monday and get the credit card out

Won't make THAT mistake again!!!
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,555 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 14 September 2018 at 7:33PM
    I would not do set aside by consent.

I WOULD NOT CALL CEL, and I would not pay them.

If it's definitely CEL (is it then?) they do not play the game fairly (seen it before, they asked for even more money...) and you are paying a fortune to them, utterly unjustified and IMHO not needed.

Lots of people have certainly won set asides with the exact same circumstances.

Not updating the VRN is USUALLY what causes all the set asides on here, all won (except just one, not well argued), week in week out, and your case is no different.

Forget 'set aside by consent' IMHO, honestly. They took no steps to trace you.

What's the date of the actual parking event, have you got your copy of the claim?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Would you mind if we continued this via PM?

I feel we're clogging the board and annoying people here haha
  • The o/p must take whatever steps he feels fit, but this is not a case where the parking event took place 5 years before proceedings were commenced. The parking company was (arguably) entitled to assume just a few months on from requesting keeper details that the address was still good.

Undoubtedly there's a chance to fight and win - after all, papers weren't received. The o/p would also need to demonstrate the case is defensible on the merits. However, if the primary object is merely to clear the credit record, then payment may achieve the goal faster and with less risk.

This is totally your call and your appetite for risk, so it makes sense to consider your options. I wouldn't disagree strongly if the course advocated by Coupon was followed, but I don't think it's "nailed on" to succeed in this case.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,555 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    I don't do pm's because of no time and the fact I was stalked/harassed by someone.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Coupon-mad wrote: »
    I don't do pm's because of no time and the fact I was stalked/harassed by someone.

That is fair enough and I am sorry to hear that.

I am incredibly conflicted. Do I continue as you suggested on page 1? Even though it looks like legally its my fault as I didnt change the VC5?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure