A whole new world, for now

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,805
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Good to see you Ali.
    Was just thinking about you the other day.
    Hope all well with you & yours.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Ali-OK
    Ali-OK Posts: 4,073
    First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Hi Beanie :wave:

Lovely to see you and I'll catch up on your thread too. :)
    Back on the DFW Wagon:

CC - £3,300 on 0% til 04/2020
    CC - £4,500 on 0% til 02/2019
    Loan - £12,063.84 as at 4/1/18
  • in_need_of_direction
    in_need_of_direction Posts: 7,279
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    edited 10 February 2018 at 1:35PM
    Well, didn't I kick off the year full of determination. However, I've leT myself get totally derailed. I managed to track down my elusive builder about some damp patches. One was due to blocked guttering so was able to cover the £40 from spends. Other has resulted in a £3k bill so emergency fund has taken a massive battering and the work isn't finished yet. New boiler installed indoors rather than in boiler house and lots of associated piping, wiring etc.the boiler house has been weatherproofed but the kitchen plastering still needs dealt with. Long term it should be more fuel efficient and short term there's a saving of about £150 as we needed new controls and it also defers the annual service cost by 10 months. It also reduced the time the heating was on for the week it took me to figure out the new controls! We have however lost some hot press shelving capacity which isn't good.

Work wise,I'm being kept busy but not profitably so. Lots of business development meetings and promises of good things to come but nothing crystallised yet.

Jog club has started and stopped for me with approx 50% attendance while Pilates sits at the same. The 6 lessons paid for ends this Thursday and I'm unsure what to do. Six weeks for £54 isn't bad but only if I go to them.

Interruption en route, will finish post later.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 9lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 30.15% through my pb challenge.
  • So, moving along. I have been engaging with my coach but today I am gonna send her a long email explaining why I think she is wasting her time. I'm just feeling overwhelmed. She's a great person but very focused with incredibly good lifestyle choices. I'd love to be more like her but I just feel overwhelmed and get into a total tizzy. Did I also mention she is tall, slim and always looks pulled together?

Anyhow, there have been some small positives. I did 2 TT to my mortgage. Piddling amounts but I need to start somewhere. Planning for our big project continues and costs escalate but we've committed so much that we just need to suck this up. We are still trying to keep things in check but without much success. We have also booked the holiday of a lifetime and quite possibly the worst time work wise but, hey ho,if I wanted life to be all about work, I'd still be in my last job.

The negatives are I'm 2lbs back on from my best which is still shown in my sig. I've lost track of how finances stand. It's less than 2 months until the big 50. A friend of OH's arrives next Sunday for a few days and we are in such a mess. Plus, my accountant has been unwell so is only coming this afternoon to start on my tax return. I don't like cutting things so fine!
    Don't even ask about my sugar levels and I have a hospital appointment in 2 weeks. Anyhow, I'm off to do a list that will hopefully sort out the rooms my accountant friend may enter while she is here. If I get through this, it'll hopefully gee me up to get more done before our guest arrives next week.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 9lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 30.15% through my pb challenge.
  • mfmaybe
    mfmaybe Posts: 1,176
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Take a deep breath INOD. Don't beat yourself up. The past should just stay there. The only really important stuff is the health, really (and maybe the tax return ;)). And holidays of a lifetime? Well you know my current stance and I say, go for it. Enjoy it.
    0% card was £1126.91 / Now £1502.37

AFD March 2/15 NSD March 2/11 :T

Other debts paid since 1/1/14: £17,005
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,805
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Holiday of a lifetime will bring memories for a lifetime to cherish.

My weight is all to pot.
    I am fat frumpy & grumpy.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Perhaps if the coach isn't resonating with you inod maybe it's time to say goodbye.

Re weight I'm in the same boat - after a flying start I put on 1lb when I weighed in on Monday.:mad: I'm afraid this time of year doesn't exactly endear you to watching your food, etc. Perhaps move the New Year to 1st June!:D

Focus on your lovely forthcoming holiday.....:j
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,506
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I agree focus on the holiday and take everything a step at a time.
    January spends - £587.58
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 18,825
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Holiday of a lifetime sounds great! Ouch to new boiler and big spends though.
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • :eek::eek: to expensive building work, but sometimes it can't be helped.

As has already been said maybe a different coach would suit you better, it's a very personal thing.

The holiday will give you something to look forward to in this miserable January weather, as long as you can find the money for it :).
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure