Project Mortgage Neutral Begins

Comments

• ajmoney
    ajmoney Posts: 6,218
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I like your mindset...If you have nothing to tidy, then find something to tidy... If our account is "tidy" I always "tidy" £1 as a reward for tidiness...!
    But then I would need to tidy £9...
    I think I may need the money in my current account through the rest of the month so may have to leave it where it is for now as I don't want to have to take it out again.
    MFW 2024 No. 7 £300/£1200 MFiT-T6 No. 70 £14473.17/£22787.04
  • ajmoney
    Forumite
    First time on a bike in about 10 years, I got into the swing of it and kind of enjoyed it, next time I will wear some padded shorts though!!!

Meter reading submitted today. We are coming to the end of our contract so I need to get us into another one. I'm sure it doesn't matter if we move part way through.
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,113
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    You seem to be in such a positive place despite everything ajmoney. You've reminded to me to check on my ISA too, I may even increase my monthly standing order!
    Mar 2024 - part 1 - £31,656 part 2 - £25,019 Total - £56,675 44 months to go!
  • ajmoney
    Forumite
    CathT wrote: »
    You seem to be in such a positive place despite everything ajmoney. You've reminded to me to check on my ISA too, I may even increase my monthly standing order!

Thanks. I have low moments but at that point I put my shoes on and head out for a walk.

Quite a restless night until I realised I was cold, slept better after I put more clothes on.

Off out to run parkrun this morning. I twinged my ankle out for a run on Tuesday so will be taking it fairly steady. Looking for some advice from my running network there so I need to head along, even though it is sooooo cold :eek:
  • ajmoney
    Forumite
    edited 20 January 2019 at 12:05PM
    I know this is very much an "it depends" kind of question but...

Once we have a buyer for our house do I give it some time before I buy again and live at work in the meantime (which I will hate) or go straight into looking for another house. Originally I had thought about not rushing and making sure I get a place I actually want whilst saving the monthly house payments so I don't get used to the money and some people have suggested giving myself some time. While I am the one walking away from the marriage I am still finding it quite hard to come to terms with and I know it will be really tough the day we move out of here.

I am thinking of looking into self storage which has prompted this thought process. Do I get something to store my furniture etc while I live at work or something a little more short term to declutter our house slightly for selling?
  • juliejim
    juliejim Posts: 7,943
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    How long a contract would you have to take out for self storage? I would probably start looking straight away but not just settle for what I can find, wait until I find something I want if that makes sense.

Jue
    NST #10 Steps 7K 2/30 10K 2/12 5 a day 3/30 NSD 0/20
    MBNA £5500
  • ajmoney
    Forumite
    Just been doing some research into my possible outgoings once I go it alone. I think I should be left with around £600 a month for food, fuel and anything for myself which is more than enough. I have already accounted for household bills, savings and a holiday fund and this is based on taking a mortgage over 20 years instead of 25. When the time comes I will need to look and see how I think the term will work best for me. I don't want to stretch myself too much every month, I would rather take the mortgage over a longer time frame and OP a lot to bring the term down. I plan to put at least £1000 a month away until I get my next place which will help me save up for the white goods etc that I will need if I or Mr AJM don't move into a place that already has them.

I am lucky my favourite pasttime only costs me in fuel and I am looking forward to taking my lunch in a backpack admiring the views. I am determined to live my best life, no matter how tough it seems at times.
  • ajmoney
    Forumite
    We have 3 estate agents booked to come out next week and give us some quotes so the ball is now well and truly rolling. Short of doing actual decoration I think we have done all the touching up we can.

I had to stop my account tidying as I was starting to leave myself a little short, I will be a little bit more sensible next month! Mr AJM is happy for me to OP our 2 council tax free months as it will be helping us both in the long run.

I had a minor op yesterday on my toe so had to take things very easy, I know I need to be sensible this weekend but I am hopeful I can get out for a short walk later. I am hoping sensible will mean my recovery time is quicker!
  • ajmoney
    Forumite
    The first of 3 estate agents has been today, we are hoping for £240k and they have suggested £250-260. I will still with what we would like, anything else is a bonus. It seems like it could possibly be on the market at the end of next week depending on how quickly we move. Just waiting for the other 2 to come out this week.
  • ajmoney
    Forumite
    Such long days at work at the moment, I am delegating more than I ever have but seem to be putting in more hours. I am hoping the work rate will only stay like this for a couple of weeks so I can get some time to myself again.

Payday tomorrow and in a few days my total mortgage will be below £100k :j
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport