Co Parenting

Does anybody on here co parent with your ex partner living over an hour away ? school is starting next term and I am unsure if I should move, my dilemma is all my family is in my location so sisters,cousins etc everybody we spend lots of time with I want him to have family around him growing up but I don't want to not see him all week, if I do move it will just be me and we would need to travel to see family.

Comments

• Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    mick1234 wrote: »
    Does anybody on here co parent with your ex partner living over an hour away ? school is starting next term and I am unsure if I should move, my dilemma is all my family is in my location so sisters,cousins etc everybody we spend lots of time with I want him to have family around him growing up but I don't want to not see him all week, if I do move it will just be me and we would need to travel to see family.

What about moving half way?

It's only 30 mins then
  • yes that is what I am thinking, I would need to sell my house in order to do this and rent as I would not be able to get another mortgage with my current debts, but he is my main priority I can buy another house at some point.
  • Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    mick1234 wrote: »
    yes that is what I am thinking, I would need to sell my house in order to do this and rent as I would not be able to get another mortgage with my current debts, but he is my main priority I can buy another house at some point.

+ renting would let you be flexible if half way wasn't working
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport