Sashybo - Back Again

Comments

• sashybo
    sashybo Posts: 4,501 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Well, the cat needs more than a scale & polish. :( He has a couple of broken teeth that need to be removed and possibly more that are rotten but they won't know until they get him anaesthetised and get in to check properly.

Worst case scenario is a bill of £400 plus. :eek::( Really bad timing. He is booked in for next week as his broken teeth will be giving him pain, we'll just have to find the money from somewhere. :( Insurance probably won't cover it as it's dental.

A small positive is that I got my £25 survey payout through so have paid that off loan no1, taking it under £600. :j The last payment will now be in December but hoping to cut that to November at latest.

Have also got to payout on 0nepoll, so will get £40 from them at some point in the next 28 days. :beer: Back up to a balance of 60p so far. :)

Dropped in to see my mum today with DS and she had my two small neices (2 and a half & nearly 1). Was nice to see them for a while then went to meet my friends for a late lunch/early dinner. Had DS with me and my other friend had her baby who is 10 weeks older but my other 2 friends had managed to leave their boys at home (one's is 15 so really don't think he'd be wanting to hang out with us & the other's is 5 but thinks he's 15 so doesn't want to hang out with us either. :rotfl:)

DS was really good and went for cuddles round the table. :) Had a nice time and was good to get out of the house. :)
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £14,073, Car loan 2 £16,000, 0% CC1 £195. Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • Sorry to hear about the cat :( Hope it isn't too expensive!

Glad you had a good day otherwise though, sounds lovely :D x
  • I think i am going to get up at 6am to see if there are any one poll surveys lol I am about 3 quid away none today
    Cashback Earnings YTD £46.04 Survey Earnings YTD £182.66
    "Always always train, be the best version of you that you can physically be"
  • sashybo
    Thanks Hidden, yes just have to keep our fingers crossed that the cat's teeth aren't as bad as the vet thinks.

Scott I know the feeling, I was stuck on £39.90 for a day or two! Back up to £1.55 so far, just need to keep checking regularly.

Had enough points on one of my sites for £20 am@zon voucher so used that to buy part of my youngest nieces' birthday present, part of my twin nieces Christmas presents & to get a couple of small things for DS.

Trying my best to use vouchers for birthdays & Christmas - have 3 nieces & 2 nephews birthdays from now until end of September and then FIL birthday in October and then Christmas to deal with. Have already got parts of presents for both birthdays & Christmas so won't be too bad spending wise (hopefully).

Went round to my friend from work's house yesterday for lunch. She knows my DH as well so he came too & brought DS. They then went home around half 6/7 & I stayed to have some drinks. Didn't get home until after 2am.:eek:

But had stopped drinking around midnight so no hangover, just very tired! :o DS woke up as soon as I got home, so just got ready for bed & then gave him a bottle so DH could go back to sleep.

My eyes are sore & stinging today so just been resting with DS on the couch for most of the day. Wee soul is shattered as he's had such a busy few days. Me too to be honest! :o
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £14,073, Car loan 2 £16,000, 0% CC1 £195. Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • boxofpaws
    boxofpaws Posts: 753 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    2am! I can't do that and I don't have a wee baby. Or giant baby for that matter :D
    Debt Jan 2017 = £42k
    May 2022 = £15k
  • sashybo
    :rotfl: paws, I really shouldn't have stayed out so late, it took me days to recover. :eek:

Had a relaxing weekend with DH & DS, should probably have done more housework than I did but it's ticking over, basics done with help from DH.

Have been a bit lazy with my yoga, did 40 mins on Saturday afternoon & hoping to get 30 mins done this morning.

Taking DS to his singing/story group this morning & meeting my brother's GF & my niece there so that will be nice. First time for them, am sure the wee one will love it, she's a happy wee soul.

Will have a quick wander round town afterwards as need to pick up a few things.

Think DS has started teething a bit as he has been very grumpy & dribbly the last few days. He barely slept on Saturday night, just kept waking up shouting & then would lie there grizzling & talking to himself. No real sleep for any of us. :eek:

Going to buy teething powders & maybe a small teething ring just in case. Gave him bonjela yesterday where his gums were feeling particularly hard & the face he made at the taste was so funny, poor baby. :o But it seemed to help as he settled down & had a nap afterwards. He had a much better night's sleep last night thankfully. :j

Have done a rough menu plan for dinners this week based on things we have in the house. Need to try & cut our spending on food, especially takeaways. :o Made chicken fajiitas last night & slow cooker chilli for today. Have some leeks to use up so will make leek & potato soup at some point this week as well.

Really need to do this every week to make sure we're using things up & not spending money at the supermarket every week out of habit when we don't need to.
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Have a lovely day Sashy x
  • sashybo
    Thanks Hidden. :)

Managed 30 mins of yoga yesterday morning but DS was whinging in the background so not the most relaxing yoga session. :p

My wee niece fair enjoyed herself at the singing/story group and was giving big smiles and making friends. :D She was also holding DS's hand and he kept turning round to smile at her - so sweet!

Also met my aunt who was there with her DIL & twin grandsons, nice to have a quick chat with them. The boys are about 6/7 months older than my DS.

Had a quick walk around town afterwards & got the teething powders for DS as well as a couple of small teething rings to stick in the fridge.

He is definitely teething - can see a wee tooth coming through! Poor baby is sore on & off. Gave him a teething ring when we got home & showed him what to do with it & he was munching on it for a bit before he forgot how to work his hands (again) & it got dropped. :cool:

Also bought 2 wee sippy cups with handles (1 very small one with a hard spout & 1 bigger one with more of a teat) so that I can start giving him water when he begins weaning & he can learn how to use a cup. Bought both as not sure which will be best/he will find easier. The small one was £1 & the bigger one was £2 as bought in the bargain shop but they are Nuby ones so a decent make.

Had slow cooker chilli with baked potatoes last night, thought we might have some leftovers for my lunch today but DH inhaled it & had 2 big portions. :eek: At least he enjoyed it. :rotfl:

Think today's dinner will be a curry that we had leftover from a takeaway at the weekend :o (you get 2 curries in a meal deal but we usually split one between us). Might get DH to pick up a naan bread on his way home to go with it.
  • If the powders don't work Ambesol is the best thing created ;)

Glad everything is going well :D x
  • sashybo
    Thanks for the tip Hidden. :beer: The teething powders seem to be mostly doing the trick, although poor DS does seem to be sore late morning & just before bedtime as this is when just cries & cries until I cuddle him in the rocking chair & he falls asleep. :(

Took DS to see the Dr this morning as he still has thrush on his tongue. The Dr didn't want to give him more medication as it's not affecting his feeding but I've to take him back if it gets worse.

My appointment was at 9am but all the roads between my house & the surgery were chaotic when I left the house at 8:45. Every way I tried to go there were long queues & slow moving traffic so we were a bit late. The Dr told me apparently there had been an accident on one of the main roads so that explains it. The water board are also digging up & closing a lot of roads & of course the school traffic is horrendous & I have 3 primary schools & 1 secondary school nearby so can't avoid the school traffic. :eek:

Going to the chiropractor in a couple of hours, looking forward to my pelvis hopefully feeling a bit better afterwards as still getting quite a lot of pain.

Think we'll either have fresh pasta & some focaccia (can try the dough recipe in the breadmaker) or something lazy from the freezer for dinner tonight.

Have done a couple of surveys today but nothing much. Up to £2.55 on 0nepoll.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback