Sashybo - Back Again

Options

Comments

• sashybo
    sashybo Posts: 4,503 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Took DS to his wee singing/story group yesterday & he was awake for most of it this time. :j

Then took him into work again as one of the other shifts was in & they wanted to see him. They gave me another £12 for him which was lovely of them. Need to sort out a bank account for him as have quite a lot of money that has been gifted & we want to keep it separate for him.

My mum is coming up today for a visit, so hopefully we can take the baby a walk in his pram & when we get back I'm hoping to get some weeding done in the front border as it's a bit wild atm. Hoping to get a couple of washings done & hung out too.

MIL wants to come up for 3 nights in 2 weeks or so. :eek: Good news is one of the days is a Monday when we usually go to singing/story group so I'll be escaping with DS & let DH take her for lunch or something. I'll be needing the break, so I'll just tell her we're going & I'm meeting my friend there and I'll get a couple of hours peace with DS.

Poor DS is getting his first vaccinations tomorrow, not looking forward to it. DH is off work so at least he'll be with us. Also have my 6 week check with the Dr beforehand (2 weeks late as impossible to get an appointment).

DS has thrush on his tongue & have been giving him medicine for a week (Dr only gave us a weeks' supply) but I don't think it's cleared up properly so will have to try & get another appointment for him asap as well. Going to ask my mum to have a look today & see what she thinks.

Going to the chiropractor tomorrow again as well for my back/pelvis which is still bothering me. Sitting/leaning back still very sore. :( Then heading out for lunch with some work friends & leaving DS with his daddy. :)
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £14,073, Car loan 2 £16,000, 0% CC1 £195. Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • sashybo
    Options
    Well got all my weeding done in the garden the other day when my mum came up for a visit - looks much better as some of the weeds were horrendous! Did the weeding a bit later than planned though as 2 of my aunts came up with my mum & stayed for a couple of hours.

Took DS for his vaccinations & it wasn't nice for any of us but at least over quickly. Poor DS had a temperature for the rest of the day & night though and slept most of the next day. He's only really back to normal today.

Phoned the Drs & got another prescription for DS thrush, to take him in in a week if still not cleared up. So we went & picked that up today. Just have to work out how to stop DS spitting it out, he's too clever for me already. :rotfl: My sister & one of my nieces dropped in this morning as well so was good to see them & they held the baby whilst I had my breakfast. :T

Enjoyed my lunch out with work girls, didn't get home until nearer 11pm but didn't have much to drink so was OK. That was lucky as DS up more often than usual due to his temperature after his jags.

Chiropractor went well, to try going a month between appointments this time. I'm still struggling with back/pelvis pain though so don't know if I'll manage that long.

Hoping to get started with a bit of postnatal yoga on you-tube soon but all dependent on how happy DS is to sit/lie for 30mins or so. Still feeling a bit tender so don't want to overdo the exercise anyway.

Have been cashing out on various survey sites and received £35 today which I've paid off loan no1 - so close to it being under £900 now. :j Waiting on £21, £25 & £15 from other sites too and am £4.25 away from cashout on onep0ll. :T :j
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £14,073, Car loan 2 £16,000, 0% CC1 £195. Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    Love a good update ;)

Glad all is well and happy (apart from the nasty jabs) x
  • sashybo
    Options
    Hi Hidden, yes was a bit of a mega update, that will teach me for not updating more regularly. :p

Paid another £21 off loan no1 so now under £900. :j

Feeling a bit rubbish today, think I've caught a cold as have a sore head & sinuses as well as a runny nose. DS has been a bit grumpy so think he might have it too.:(

Need to get DH's uniform shirts ironed today as he only has 2 hanging up but 4 more days at work after today. Depends on whether DS will let me put him in his seat.:o If not I'll have to wait until DH gets home from work. Really need to clean the bathrooms as well.
  • sashybo
    Options
    Well I had quite a good day with DS the other day as managed to clean the bathrooms, iron DH's uniform shirts & chuck the ingredients for a loaf into the breadmaker. :j

DS was very good & sat in his bouncy chair watching me. We had to have a couple of breaks to change nappies or have a feed but got there in the end.

My brother, his GF & their 2 wee ones (2 and a half & 11 months) dropped in for a visit so was nice to see them.

Had a bad night with DS, lots of screaming & DH was the one who finally got him to sleep. He then woke up every 2 hours so definitely think it's this cold bothering him. He's still not right now. :( And we missed singing/story group as were exhausted & slept in.:(

Today I walked down to my mum's with DS in his pram - roughly 30 mins each way. Coming back was worse as I was knackered & it's mostly uphill. :eek: Was really struggling to push my giant baby up the last bit of the huge hill we live at the top of. :o:eek: I'm so unfit, still exhausted now. :rotfl: Going to try & start my yoga tomorrow, have found a couple of 10 min postnatal routines to get started & will see how I cope with them.
  • sashybo
    Options
    Went out & got the food shop done this morning whilst DH looked after the baby as he wasn't starting work until 4pm. Was nice & quick as on my own. :j

Also managed to get around 30 mins of yoga done this evening, took it easy & sat DS in his bouncy chair so he could see me. He had a couple of grumbles but was generally very good. :j Going to try & do some every day as it does make me feel better.

Still have the cold & think my sinuses are a bit infected as my nose is very painful to touch & seems a bit swollen at the bridge and down the side. :( Ouchy. :(

My mum is going to watch DS for a couple of hours tomorrow so I can go and have a haircut and a quick browse about town. Have some gift vouchers from my birthday so might use those if I see something nice. :) Looking forward to a wee break from DS & my mum is looking forward to seeing him. :)
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    Have a lovely day, some 'me' time will do you good :D x
  • sashybo
    Options
    Thanks Hidden, was nice to have a couple of hours to myself wandering around the town & getting my hair cut. Hair thinned out & now much lighter & tidier, couldn't believe how much hair was around my chair by the end. :eek:

I didn't see anything for myself when shopping but ended up buying some bigger sized clothes for DS since they were on sale & cute. :o

Didn't do yoga last night but did do around an hours' worth of walking in town.

Did around 40 mins of yoga today as DH off work, so he looked after the baby which gave me peace to get on with it. Really feeling my lack of strength & the fact that I have no core muscles at all just now. :eek: Not that I had a 6 pack or anything before the pregnancy. :rotfl:

DH away out for dinner & drinks so just me, DS & the cats. Have done a few surveys whilst DS crashed out on my chest. He'll probably wake up soon for his last bottle then I'll put him in his moses basket & hope he doesn't wake up at 2am again. :cool:
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    Sounds like a lovely few hours out :D

Have a good day :) x
  • boxofpaws
    boxofpaws Posts: 753 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    sashybo wrote: »
    Was really struggling to push my giant baby up the last bit of the huge hill

Absolutely love your descriptions of your big baby :rotfl:
    Debt Jan 2017 = £42k
    May 2022 = £15k
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family