Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Jenny
    • By MSE Jenny 9th Jan 13, 2:28 PM
    • 1,239Posts
    • 3,569Thanks
    MSE Jenny
    Making cash from online survey sites - new MSE guide
    • 9th Jan 13, 2:28 PM
    Making cash from online survey sites - new MSE guide 9th Jan 13 at 2:28 PM

Hi all, we've updated our Survey Sites guide to help you make cash from online surveys.

How did you find the info? If you're a survey stasher, do you have any other sites you'd add?

Thanks
    for your help!

MSE Jenny

Last edited by MSE Jenny; 28-01-2013 at 3:23 PM.
Page 4
    • eldaniel
    • By eldaniel 18th Jul 13, 3:30 AM
    • 238 Posts
    • 94 Thanks
    eldaniel
    I've just had the most rewarding Toluna survey, they were offering me 1000 points (worth about 18p) to sit and watch a "brand new" tv program lasting 45 minutes.
    Originally posted by Kite2010
    That is the thing. It is really worth to do spreadsheet in excel and learn how much are points worth in each of the panel.
    If I see something like that I never would complete it, because that would just make them feel that paying low is ok. That is my mantra at least.
    On the other hand I really do not know how they can believe that answers will be genuine if they pay so poorly.

Hi I liked the sound of earning additional cash through these Survey sites, and completed registration with My Survey and Ipsos. Suddenly this week, My Survey have made my account "inactive" after I have completed several surveys from them over last couple of weeks and started to built up points. Queried status with them, and they replied "there were problems with the data provided during my registration"??? Funny they originally accepted my registration with no problem, and now suddenly found out now - I suspect it's a case of not wanting to pay out. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME
    Originally posted by blosskop
    That is certainly not true. I have been with both panels for quite a while and never had any bad experience like you. Perhaps you were just unlucky person.
  • Munnymonsta
    My Survey tech issues
    Hi,
    I don't usually have problems with My Survey , has anyone done the diary this week and had it crash when it is nearly at the end?
    I contacted them re this on day one and day two but just got a generic reply.
    So annoying when you are genuine and have taken time to do the task
    • Larac
    • By Larac 19th Jul 13, 4:14 PM
    • 881 Posts
    • 567 Thanks
    Larac
    I haven't had any problems with My Survey and agree with Eldaniel that you need to work out what points are and whether it is worth it.

I personally won't bother with Toluna as points are low value or Inbox pounds as they only pay 1p a minute typically and their surveys are supposed to take 25 mins , when they take 45 mins

I also jettison any survey company that just enters you into a prize draw as I think my time should be rewarded rather than just being entered into a lottery.
    • Kite2010
    • By Kite2010 20th Jul 13, 8:35 PM
    • 4,167 Posts
    • 3,550 Thanks
    Kite2010
    As soon as I hit the pay-out with Toluna, I'm going to ditch them

Survey success rate of less than 5%, the most annoying thing is with financial surveys where they ask you which bank your with (Halifax) and kick you straight out.

Seems survey sites don't like it if you bank with Halifax.
  • cinnamon
    Banana survey ipsos
    In July I was telephoned by Robert from what I thought was Ipsos Surveys, of which I am a member. He invited m to complete a telephone survey in the following week to earn 28 in points. A young lady phoned, I spent 45 mins completing the survey but - guess what - no points - Ipsos claim not to know anything. Has anyone else any experience of this.
    • katykicker
    • By katykicker 1st Aug 13, 1:14 PM
    • 6,270 Posts
    • 30,296 Thanks
    katykicker
    In July I was telephoned by Robert from what I thought was Ipsos Surveys, of which I am a member. He invited m to complete a telephone survey in the following week to earn 28 in points. A young lady phoned, I spent 45 mins completing the survey but - guess what - no points - Ipsos claim not to know anything. Has anyone else any experience of this.
    Originally posted by cinnamon
    Unfortunately not. 28 for a 45 minute survey should really have rung alarm bells. The average 45 minutes online Ipsos survey might earn about 2-3 of points. Sorry to hear you've been the victim of a scam x
    Jealousy is when you count someone else's blessings instead of your own.
  • jennatilly
    Hi I am thinking about doing some online surveys could do with earning some extra cash, I have signed up to Toluna check my balance and all my survey's are pending,Wondered if anyone had any advice what sites to sign upto, what sites not. Any advice will help as I don't want to waste my time but would like to earn a little extra cash
  • savememoneys
    Hi I am thinking about doing some online surveys could do with earning some extra cash, I have signed up to Toluna check my balance and all my survey's are pending,Wondered if anyone had any advice what sites to sign upto, what sites not. Any advice will help as I don't want to waste my time but would like to earn a little extra cash
    Originally posted by jennatilly
    Toluna can take as long as 6 weeks to credit the points to your account. They do credit, it just takes a long time.

I'd recommend OnePoll as the surveys are typically short and are really easy. ValuedOpinions is one that pays out quite quickly in my opinion (every month I get something from them, at least 10 but sometimes 20 or more, depending on the surveys) so I'd recommend them.
  • jennatilly
    Thanks I will sign up to them
  • jennatilly
    I logged into a survey this morning and it wanted to some how log into my phone to see what I did all day, as anyone done this.
    • eldaniel
    • By eldaniel 8th Aug 13, 6:05 PM
    • 238 Posts
    • 94 Thanks
    eldaniel
    I tend to stay away from this kind of surveys. First of all the rewards tend to be low to giving them so much of your privacy and second reason is that very often is extremely hard to track/proof your participation and get the actual reward.
    • stressedaah30
    • By stressedaah30 8th Aug 13, 6:15 PM
    • 1,314 Posts
    • 10,949 Thanks
    stressedaah30
    grr- got to 39.95 and now all of a sudden for 2 weeks no surveys on one poll
    sure this happened last time got close to redeeming
    JAN WINS- pepsi tshirt,
    • eldaniel
    • By eldaniel 8th Aug 13, 6:26 PM
    • 238 Posts
    • 94 Thanks
    eldaniel
    Originally posted by stressedaah30
    Hmm, strange. Usually when you reach 40 they won't send you more surveys until you payout this 40 (It happened to me twice like that), but not before that.
    • katykicker
    • By katykicker 8th Aug 13, 8:10 PM
    • 6,270 Posts
    • 30,296 Thanks
    katykicker
    Originally posted by stressedaah30
    This happened to me at 39.90, lasted for 3 working days. Then I received about 8 surveys in one day, cashed out my 40 a week or two back and already back to 3.30

It'll come back, I wonder if it is something they do to allow them time to check our accounts before we reach redemption?
  • Munnymonsta
    This happened to me at 39.90, lasted for 3 working days. Then I received about 8 surveys in one day, cashed out my 40 a week or two back and already back to 3.30

It'll come back, I wonder if it is something they do to allow them time to check our accounts before we reach redemption?
    Originally posted by katykicker

Hello Katykicker, I often read your posts as I usually get answers to my questions without having to post, you are very helpful .
    Could I ask how long you need to do onepoll before you cash out? I'm thinking of joining.
    • katykicker
    • By katykicker 9th Aug 13, 10:55 AM
    • 6,270 Posts
    • 30,296 Thanks
    katykicker
    Hello Katykicker, I often read your posts as I usually get answers to my questions without having to post, you are very helpful .
    Could I ask how long you need to do onepoll before you cash out? I'm thinking of joining.
    Originally posted by Munnymonsta
    Thanks It varies per person, I find that I can cashout twice a year, sometimes three times if I put more effort in.

Recently I have been logging in daily and according to my online spreadsheet I have been making somewhere between 1.50 and 3.50 most weeks Monday-Friday so on target for 3 cashouts a year - which isn't bad really!
  • PollyPrants
    PennyForum.net
    Hello, I'm new to this so I hope I have posted in the right place.

Has anyone heard of PennyForum.net? I have just received a leaflet inviting me to take part in Focus Groups, Home usage tests etc, "earn up to 100 per session". Just wondered if anyone has any thoughts? It seems to be owned and operated by PeoplePeople UK. I don't want to get involved in any scams!

• SailorSam
    • By SailorSam 10th Aug 13, 2:54 PM
    • 21,172 Posts
    • 36,772 Thanks
    SailorSam
    100 a session. That alone sets bells ringing.
    I've not heard of them but it sounds to good to be true.
    Liverpool is one of the wonders of Britain,
    What it may grow to in time, I know not what.

Daniel Defoe: 1725.
  • jennatilly
    Is there any good one where to test stuff at home, I signed up to Onepoll and that's a nice survey site, surveys don't last more than about 10 minutes but past couple of days there asn't been many.
  • Art_Vandelay
    Is there any good one where to test stuff at home, I signed up to Onepoll and that's a nice survey site, surveys don't last more than about 10 minutes but past couple of days there asn't been many.
    Originally posted by jennatilly
    Try Producttesting i don't know much about product testing sites but this one looks pretty good
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,794Posts Today

7,188Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @MartinSLewis: I sued Facebook for defamation over scam ads & settled in return for 2 things that LAUNCH TODAY -1on1 scam help at new C?

• Bizzare German twitter mash article has called me "MARTIN LEWIS, der Geldsparexperte," Any german speakers out the? https://t.co/1tXEzCe4Y3

• Have you ever been scammed? If so did you keep it quiet? If not would you keep it quiet or tell people? Please vot? https://t.co/68bkmbT9gc

• Follow Martin