Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 30th Nov 18, 11:43 AM
    • 27,188Posts
    • 325,334Thanks
    davemorton
    Elite: Is this table taken please?
    • 30th Nov 18, 11:43 AM
    Elite: Is this table taken please? 30th Nov 18 at 11:43 AM
    Just looking for a spare quiet table in the corner of the arms for a few exiled elite to chat, is this table free please?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
Page 482
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 26th Jun 19, 6:44 PM
    • 21,483 Posts
    • 220,287 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    We were working in some flats today. One of them (owned by a lady) had the window open and was lovely and fresh (top floor out of way of ladders and inaccessible), the other one (owned by a bloke) was hot, suffocatingly hot, dark and not at all inviting. It was worse than the as yet unoccupied flats across the way, no idea how he made it so dark either

Fortunately, the work on those flats is finished (I hope!).
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • tweets
    • By tweets 26th Jun 19, 6:48 PM
    • 32,995 Posts
    • 444,064 Thanks
    tweets
    You need to stay indoors sis!
    Have a couple days @ home.
    Originally posted by Sleazy
    Not possible I can walk so will go to work bro
    Lost 3st-9.5lb
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 26th Jun 19, 7:00 PM
    • 17,355 Posts
    • 37,001 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Originally posted by tweets
    grrrrrr .
    Weekly Distance Walked 14 km / Total For Year 690 km
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 26th Jun 19, 7:43 PM
    • 55,557 Posts
    • 642,884 Thanks
    bubbs
    Good Evening bubbs

I was sweating at work now I am cold cant win lol
    Cold here tonight, brrrrrrrrrrr
    bro............that makes me laugh
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500 770 for 2018
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :- 5 st 1 1/2lb
    • tweets
    • By tweets 26th Jun 19, 8:41 PM
    • 32,995 Posts
    • 444,064 Thanks
    tweets
    Cold here tonight, brrrrrrrrrrr

bro............that makes me laugh
    Originally posted by bubbs
    bubbs I gotta get out more so cant stay at home

I was called sis so said bro
    Lost 3st-9.5lb
    • tweets
    • By tweets 26th Jun 19, 8:42 PM
    • 32,995 Posts
    • 444,064 Thanks
    tweets
    Going bed soon so will say goodnight see you all tomorrow bye
    Lost 3st-9.5lb
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 26th Jun 19, 9:14 PM
    • 21,079 Posts
    • 269,423 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    I'm still not going to tell you to jog on though. Punk.
    Originally posted by Sleazy
    Oh dear, now I am upset.
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 26th Jun 19, 9:24 PM
    • 21,079 Posts
    • 269,423 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Ha. There was a lie in one of my posts earlier, caused by me copying accurately what I had heard and thus me trying to be truthful. I mentioned "waste water" in my post. I now notice this - https://www.ofwat.gov.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Notice-of-Ofwats-proposal-to-impose-a-penalty-on-Southern-Water-Services-Limited-1.pdf - Executive Summary second paragraph: "...used to clean and treat sewage (or wastewater)…". Therefore it means sewage. It is a euphemism for sewage and therefore a lying euphemism. When I am trying to be truthful, I achieve the opposite and end up lying.

I was misled by the news reports telling me it was waste water rather than telling me the truth that it was sewage. I have belatedly discovered the fact I was misled. I am sorry for lying and sorry for circulating a lie that I was told.
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; Yesterday at 9:31 PM.
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 26th Jun 19, 9:36 PM
    • 21,079 Posts
    • 269,423 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    I have just discovered this 'viewpoint'. I should not have called it a euphemism as that term is a [lie] for a lie: https://incels.co/threads/the-term-euphemism-is-a-euphemism-for-lie-our-species-culture-of-dishonesty.122825/

I am sorry again, this time for lying by using the word "euphemism". It was not a euphemism. The truth is it was a lie (and still is if anyone uses it now or in future).

We don't refer to sex as making love btw. The word "sex" is unacceptable as it is not a euphemism after all but a lie, a lie for what I am forced to lie here as they will not even let me use the word (and using asterisks or anything else is a false representation because it is not the actual truth of the real thing so itself would be a lie), so engrained in society is the requirement to lie.

"...an honest man is a problem and an abnormality". Precisely. I am the problem. Dishonest society will not let me use the seven-letter word that it sometimes refers dishonestly to as a four-letter word when in fact it has seven letters and not four (yet another need to put you correct).

An alternative view, from the same link: "I don't think euphemism is a euphemism for lie. A euphemism isn't a lie, it's just saying something in a more considerate way or less harsh way because feelings. Lies are just straight up being dishonest."

Which is precisely what a claimed-to-be "euphemism" that is in fact a lie is - the 'more considerate/less harsh' way is just straight-up dishonest.

And what of my feelings, about being misled by straight-up dishonesty? Another dishonest claim that it is there to protect feelings, when that is a partial truth as it may protect some feelings but not protect mine or may protect mine but on some occasions and not others and therefore not be protection (yet another lie calling it such) on the occasions on which it fails to protect.

Lies are everywhere. And that's a lie because some things are truth.

Given this eye-opener about lies (increasingly less after my eyes were opened quite a bit some years ago but I am still nave and my eyes have now been opened a little more), I was clearly correct to be suspect that someone's intentions in my RL may indeed not be as benign as other people seem to think they were and that they are indeed trying to enable themselves later to deny that something was said by trying to arrange to meet me only and by offering telephone conversation and not committing anything by reply to me in writing. I was right to not to telephone them and right to refuse to meet them and will maintain this stance and continue turning down any further offer or attempt to do so. They are refusing, by omission, to reply to me in writing - which clearly proves I am justified and completely right about my suspicion because, if there was no problem about saying the same thing in writing to me to whatever they were hope to be able to tell me without any record, then why are they simply not able to write it to me?

I am not nave on this occasion at all - instead other people, who should know better as they are not autistic, clearly are.
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; Yesterday at 10:11 PM.
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 27th Jun 19, 12:52 AM
    • 21,079 Posts
    • 269,423 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Interesting: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-48752932

Note that the US regulator says it "...recently found a potential risk that Boeing must mitigate." Note it says "mitigate", it does not say "remove". Therefore, whatever is "mitigated", a risk still remains. Presumably an "acceptable" risk. However, no risk is acceptable to some people.

Merely a "potential" risk even at the moment though. So maybe it isn't even a risk at all. Why mitigate a potential risk if there isn't actually a risk? If there is no actual risk, then nothing needs to be mitigated at all as there is no risk, except one that might be but isn't.
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; Today at 12:54 AM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

115Posts Today

1,945Users online

Martin's Twitter