P.I.P. timescales...

hi. just wondering if anyone had a rough idea of how long claims take please. If anyone had already claimed and payment is now being made how long? I had waited 11 weeks untill i rang pip and got atos phone number and contacted them direct to chase up my appointment, of which i got a cancellation (yey). If i ring pip they just say as its a new benefit they cant say how long but estimate is 10 weeks. tuesday will be bang on 3 calender months since i originally claimed.
thanks

Comments

• 925dancer
    925dancer Posts: 537 Forumite
    I actually had looked into this and couldn't find anything, I guess it's still so new there's not a lot of people who have got to the end of the process yet.

I only applied about 3/4 weeks ago and sent my form back about 2 weeks ago. Spoke to them today as a letter saying they hadn't received my form overlapped them actually getting it and apparently it has been sent to ATOS, so I await an appointment if they want to see me and in the meantime I'm keeping a diary as I'm still in the referral queue for psychiatric assessment so no paperwork relating to my condition as yet.
  • 925dancer
    Thought I'd bump this to see if anyone has had an award or even an appointment with Atos or equivalent yet?

I called them on Friday and my form has been sent to Atos (who do the assessments in my area) but that's it. Lady said PIP claims are taking about 10 weeks and I'm about 5 weeks in.

Would be nice to of anyone who has been through the whole process yet.
  • Widelats
    Widelats Posts: 3,773 Forumite
    Sent my form off 3 weeks ago the same day i got it, i could not have sent it any earlier, still they sent me a "your form has not arrived" letter, after phoning the DWP same day i was told they got my form 10 days earlier - so i have received a Atos appointment for 10th Sept, all this was in the time space of 1 month.

When i have done the assessment i will update and tell everyone how long it takes to get a decision from the assessment date.
    Owed out = lots. :cool:
  • cabbage
    cabbage Posts: 1,177 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi

We have capita instead of Atos. It was approx 2 weeks from the form being sent back until a letter arrived for an assessment to be booked. 2 weeks until the assessment and approx 4 weeks from then for a decision on the claim
    The Cabbage
    Its Advice - Take it or Leave it:D
  • 925dancer
    cabbage wrote: »
    Hi

We have capita instead of Atos. It was approx 2 weeks from the form being sent back until a letter arrived for an assessment to be booked. 2 weeks until the assessment and approx 4 weeks from then for a decision on the claim

What was your outcome? How did you find the face to face?
  • colin13
    colin13 Posts: 1,007 Forumite
    NHS Lanarkshire are going to be doing assements for PIP in this area,hopefully it will mean that people doing assements might know something about MS ,not heard of anyone starting this process yet
  • oldboy64
    oldboy64 Posts: 165 Forumite
    colin13 wrote: »
    NHS Lanarkshire are going to be doing assements for PIP in this area,hopefully it will mean that people doing assements might know something about MS ,not heard of anyone starting this process yet

It seems that that NHS trust is no better than ATOS given the problems it has been having over the past few years.

http://www.spso.org.uk/webfm_send/3956

If they can't get their own house in order what chance have you in getting a 'decent' report out of them for PIP purposes.

Maybe that trust is doing these assessments to bring in more money given the rate of payouts made for proven complaints!
  • Derwent
    Derwent Posts: 571 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Had my assessment for PIP with ATOS on 3rd July, spoke to DWP on Friday and they still haven't even received the report from ATOS yet some 7 weeks later. I was told its currently taking ~12 weeks for ATOS to submit their reports, then a further 3-4 weeks for DWP to make a decision.
    Its amazing how these banks can't even do simple calculations correctly..............
  • Widelats
    Widelats Posts: 3,773 Forumite
    Had assessment today, was told to phone the benefits office if after 5 weeks i had not heard from them, so the timescale is supposed to be 5 weeks maximum.

Not holding my breath.
    Owed out = lots. :cool:
  • I'm still waiting to hear if they want to call me for an appointment (going for an assessment may be a bit difficult). Called DWP end of last week, my form was sent to ATOS on 14th July and they said I should get a letter in the next couple of weeks at the latest.........So two months and I'm not very far forward!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure