Options

Comments

• Dandytf
    Dandytf Posts: 4,820 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 13 April 2018 at 5:00PM
    Options
    Decision has been made today.
    Received call from dmp to confirm when my change of circumstances was I advised mid 2017 as per m.s. progressing.
    Nice dmp lady informed me my pip will increase-that's the good news.
    1 Daily
    living from slandered to enhanced
    2 mobility-lower-no change.
    Without requesting a paper report the dmp lady offered to send the report in 10 days advising I can appeal by telephone ione within 28 days though only after I receive today's pip in writing.
    Lots of helpful advice without asking-I can appeal via telephone no writing required.
    Daily living change is backdated to Feb18.
    Thanks mser's with my latest diagnosis change from 2017 and medical nurses/medicine/Dvla reduced driving licence I think today is a step towards enhanced mobility as m.s. progresses.
    Forgot to add I didn't get enough mobility points for enhanced as I wrote I could walk from flat to car and from car to work entrance from disabled bay (which is true)
    What I didn't; write was lest than 20 meters when I walk -I thanked the dmp lady and commented I'll appeal via telephone in week or two (she didn'tn think my pip would be less when I appeal though officialy iit can be raised or lowered in award terms)
    I think-only think this is worth a phone call as I find myself trying to return to full time work since changing to part time approx 1 year ago
    Every help I get from dwp could mean I stay part time or possibly not work at all.
    Financial changei in full time is considerable as is enhanced rates from Dmp.
    M.S. is taking priority though I'm trying to find a balance in at least learning to live with this illness which is much more manageable whilst home.
    What do mser's think -is it worthwhile making an appeal for mobility award.
    Replenished CRA Reports.2020 Nissan Leaf 128-149 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,950 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Dandytf wrote: »
    Decision has been made today.
    Received call from dmp to confirm when my change of circumstances was I advised mid 2017 as per m.s. progressing.
    Nice dmp lady informed me my pip will increase-that's the good news.
    1 Daily
    living from slandered to enhanced
    2 mobility-lower-no change.
    Without requesting a paper report the dmp lady offered to send the report in 10 days advising I can appeal by telephone ione within 28 days though only after I receive today's pip in writing.
    Lots of helpful advice without asking-I can appeal via telephone no writing required.
    Daily living change is backdated to Feb18.
    Thanks mser's with my latest diagnosis change from 2017 and medical nurses/medicine/Dvla reduced driving licence I think today is a step towards enhanced mobility as m.s. progresses.
    Forgot to add I didn't get enough mobility points for enhanced as I wrote I could walk from flat to car and from car to work entrance from disabled bay (which is true)
    What I didn't; write was lest than 20 meters when I walk -I thanked the dmp lady and commented I'll appeal via telephone in week or two (she didn'tn think my pip would be less when I appeal though officialy iit can be raised or lowered in award terms)
    I think-only think this is worth a phone call as I find myself trying to return to full time work since changing to part time approx 1 year ago
    Every help I get from dmp could mean I stay part time or possibly not work at all.
    Financial changei in full time is considerable as is enhanced rates from Dmp.
    M.S. is taking priority though I'm trying to find a balance in at least learning to live with this illness which is much more manageable whilst home.
    What do mser's think -is it worthwhile making an appeal for mobility award.
    If you do decide to ask for the MR you have 1 month from the date of the decision to request this. I would strongly advise you to put your request in writing stating what you disagree with and the reasons why you think you should be awarded Enhanced mobility. Sending in any extra evidence with the letter to further support your claim.

As you know you can lose everything you already have, but your mobility can also be increased. Only 20% of MR decisions are successful, so don't be surprised if the decision remains the same. Most people have to take it to Tribunal. Your money will continue while waiting for the decision. Good luck.
  • Dandytf
    Dandytf Posts: 4,820 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    poppy12345 wrote: »
    If you do decide to ask for the MR you have 1 month from the date of the decision to request this. I would strongly advise you to put your request in writing stating what you disagree with and the reasons why you think you should be awarded Enhanced mobility. Sending in any extra evidence with the letter to further support your claim.

As you know you can lose everything you already have, but your mobility can also be increased. Only 20% of MR decisions are successful, so don't be surprised if the decision remains the same. Most people have to take it to Tribunal. Your money will continue while waiting for the decision. Good luck.

Thanks I'm quite happy with todays call which was unexpected as I was waiting for letter with decision though the recently mentioned 20% appeal success rate has to be taken into consideration, dwp lady mentioned she doesn't think of any reason as to why my daily living would be removed or lowered though mobility could be appealed maybe a ms nurse or letter from doc could help for supporting information.
    Here is me again thinking am I going to put pip at risk for the sake of enhanced mobility.
    (As Dvla have in effect restricted my licence to 3 years onwards then a car from mobility isn't something I'll need in future as I think my driving will be finished on a few years at most if I'm lucky)
    Some time to think if I'll appeal though the daily living enhanced rate +recently increased wtc payments could in effect help me continue working part time which was amazing over winter for m.s. hospital visits and slower pace rather than mon-fri.
    Thanks mse'rs I'll re post if I decide to appeal
    I's there any other way of getting the -20 meters walking rather than pester mns nurse at May's appointment.
    Replenished CRA Reports.2020 Nissan Leaf 128-149 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb
  • later
    later Posts: 48 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello, I'm a bit confused as to what the timeline is. Can somebody please clarify?

As I understand it:
    - I'm sent a letter to ask me to apply for PIP - I have two weeks to do this
    - I am sent a form after a phone call - which I have a further four weeks to do
    - I'll be assessed, and a decision made - any timescale
    - I'll be paid the next DLA payment even if it's rejected, then the one after that?

So there'll be potentially a minimum of three payments of DLA from the time the first letter is sent?
  • poppy12345
    Options
    later wrote: »
    Hello, I'm a bit confused as to what the timeline is. Can somebody please clarify?

As I understand it:
    - I'm sent a letter to ask me to apply for PIP - I have two weeks to do this
    - I am sent a form after a phone call - which I have a further four weeks to do
    - I'll be assessed, and a decision made - any timescale
    - I'll be paid the next DLA payment even if it's rejected, then the one after that?

So there'll be potentially a minimum of three payments of DLA from the time the first letter is sent?
    Once you've received the letter asking you to apply, you need to ring the PIP helpline. They will then send you a PIP2 form, which you need to fill in and return along with all of your relevant evidence to support your claim. They very rarely contact anyone for evidence, the onus is on you to make sure it's sent.

You'll have 4 weeks to return the form but it will be less than that by the time you receive it. You can ring and ask for 14 days extension if you need it. Your DLA payments will continue until a decision is made on the PIP providing you return those forms within the time.

Expect to face 2 face assessment as most people have these. If a home assessment is needed then you'll need a letter from your GP stating the reasons why.

There's no timescales to how long it will take for an appointment for the assessment, likewise there's no timescales to how long decisions take. It all depends on backlog in your area.

If you're refused PIP your DLA payments will stop 4 weeks after the PIP decision is made. If your successful with the PIP, your first payment will be approx 4 weeks after your DLA stops.
  • NoodleSoup
    NoodleSoup Posts: 38 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    is there still a postcode map for timescales?
  • poppy12345
    Options
    NoodleSoup wrote: »
    is there still a postcode map for timescales?
    It's most likely no longer relevant because they're so far behind.
  • Tigerlily70
    Options
    Hi I've been on dla then got put onto pip I have been on this now for about 12 year around that time I think the very first assessment was a good one I had a guy come out from the dla to my home as just not long had a spine op he was very nice the things he asked were " how far could I walk do I need help to get dressed and undressed do I need help to wash or bath or shower then he ask me to stand up and show him how far I could bend then how high I could lift my arms which all cosed me a lot of pain so he told me to sit down and then he said by the look of everything you will defenetly be get dla and it want go down at all it may go up but that's all and he was partly right as I started to get dla then in may 2016 devorced my husband of 26 years through violence and in july 2016 I met an amazing guy who helps me with everything and then I think it was October 2017 I recieved a letter saying I was to have another assessment which again they came to my home this time it was a lady from pip which I got put onto ( and I got a car through my pip for my partner in late August ) anyway this is when things start going wrong a sat on the sofa didn't move at all my partner got everything she needed to see e.g. tablets. The next thing I know after about 2 weeks i get a letter from Ford where I got my partners car from saying that it had to go back then the following day I recieved a letter from pip saying that they were dropping my money so I rang pip up to find out why and she told me that the lady from them had handed my assessment form to them and she had put down that I was doing things e.g. moving around with no help drinking without been help stuff like that as I told the woman on the phone that I didn't do any of this I just was sat on the sofa talking to her and answering her questions my partner did everything else so she told me to appeal against it which I did with no joy so I rang them back and was told to take it to court and she sent me all the forms out to do this I had to wait ages to get a court date but finely received a letter saying I was to go to court on the 12th july 2018 at 10am hopefully I will get this sorted out so just be careful with them :mad::mad:
  • Fantabulous
    Fantabulous Posts: 149 Forumite
    edited 16 July 2018 at 10:47PM
    Options
    My form had to be in by 31st May ( I got a text that it arrived 30th May)

My PIP assessment was 14th June

Text from DWP on 20th June - all information to hand, would have a decision within four weeks.

ETA Decision Letter received on 16th July

All done within two months
  • Poppet61
    Options
    Anyone else suicidal because life has become so unbearable while waiting tribunal date? My go,mental health worker and baptist minister have expressed their concerns in writing with my appeal.over 9 months.if offerd me lethal injection ? Yes I would love 1,
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure