PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The NEW waiting to exchange thread...

Options

Comments

• WatsonL212
    Options
    Hi all thought I would join in.

Our house went on the market 2/3
    Accepted offer 3/3
    Viewed house 22/3
    Made offer 23/3
    Closing date 27/3
    Offer accepted 27/3
    Mortgage approved 4/4
    Letters back and forth to solicitor 're building warrant for our house.
    13/4 Sent updated building warrant to solicitor.

We can't currently agree on a completion date and I'm starting to panic. I don't want to loose my dream house !!!128546;
  • GoingOn30
    GoingOn30 Posts: 231 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Spendingqueen you're right you can probably get better than 1.84% in a current or savings account. The hard thing is not to touch it before you next remortgage whereas if you overpay then you don't have the option so self control is required!
    It's good to build up a savings pot for emergencies though, so try and put it somewhere earning 3-5%.
  • Ogriv
    Ogriv Posts: 97 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    WatsonL212 wrote: »
    Hi all thought I would join in.

Our house went on the market 2/3
    Accepted offer 3/3
    Viewed house 22/3
    Made offer 23/3
    Closing date 27/3
    Offer accepted 27/3
    Mortgage approved 4/4
    Letters back and forth to solicitor 're building warrant for our house.
    13/4 Sent updated building warrant to solicitor.

We can't currently agree on a completion date and I'm starting to panic. I don't want to loose my dream house !!!128546;

So many emotions, I know how you feel. But it doesn't sound as though you have run into any obstacles yet. :money:
  • WatsonL212
    Options
    Thank you. I'm glad someone understands the stress. !!!55357;!!!56842;
  • tudorfan22
    tudorfan22 Posts: 436 Forumite
    Options
    well I guess today is the day that my EA approaches my buyer with my offer and I get to see if I can sleep at night again! TBH my EA sounded slightly cheesed off with me this morning, dunno if its with the situation, with the fact that its Monday or because he had '80 emails' in his inbox. hope that doesn't affect how the negotiations go. I don't think Ive spent a more horrible weekend, I could've cried all weekend, I did a bit, but in my car - where my OH cant see! I just am sick with waiting, I don't know what is going to happen next and I cant sleep or eat or relax until I know. and now im frantically wondering what is going on right now. a part of me is even worried that its such bad news that the EA doesn't want to break it to me and is delaying. urrrgh I hate all this waiting and gnashing of teeth! I wont rest easy until im in my new house, or at least until/if I exchange contracts! then I shall exhale!
    )

:beer:
  • pink_pirlie
    Options
    tudorfan22 wrote: »
    well I guess today is the day!

Good luck. Hope it all goes as you hope.
    Thinking of you at this stupidly stressful time.
  • ashe
    ashe Posts: 1,551 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Exchanged on our house sale last Wednesday and completed in the Thursday, living with parents a week.

Unfortunately our house purchase vendor couldn!!!8217;t align to the same date and proposed April 20th - yet our solicitor is chasing them to exchange to lock this date in and supposedly it wouldn!!!8217;t be done by 1pm today but still no one word an hour after this time.

Our removal service is pushing us to book because it!!!8217;s a popular date but I!!!8217;m not locking myself into a 60% cancellation fee if he then tries to push back a week. Saturday and Sunday is fully booked so will be frustrating if there are much more delays and we miss out
  • pink_pirlie
    pink_pirlie Posts: 238 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ashe wrote: »
    Exchanged on our house sale last Wednesday and completed in the Thursday, living with parents a week

Good luck!! Hope you get it sorted today. Got everything crossed for you. I understand the stress completely.

We were supposed to be at my parents for 3 weeks after my sale went through end January, completion on new place expected mid- Feb. We are still waiting! No date for exchange yet!
    Hope you have significantly better luck than us.
  • tudorfan22
    tudorfan22 Posts: 436 Forumite
    Options
    well ive heard back from EA, our vendor if taking our offer of £5k away to mull over. he doesn't know if it'll be enough. she is mainly concerned with the roof she said apparently she could 'see daylight at the back of the house' well the majority of the back of the house is a flat roof which is - I understand - cheaper than a tiled roof? that's gotta be better, right? my ea said he didn't get the vibe that the buyer wants to pull out but she did seem affronted that I thought the work was cosmetic, but its hard for me to make an assumption when I don't know what 'the work' is, having not seen the builders report. the only thing he suggested was to get builders/roofers quotes but its hard when im not sure which roof she refers to or if it will even make a difference. I feel like she has us by the short and curlies and can basically say any figure she wants!
    )

:beer:
  • ashe
    ashe Posts: 1,551 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Good luck!! Hope you get it sorted today. Got everything crossed for you. I understand the stress completely.

We were supposed to be at my parents for 3 weeks after my sale went through end January, completion on new place expected mid- Feb. We are still waiting! No date for exchange yet!
    Hope you have significantly better luck than us.

Thanks, we have now exchanged - huge relief!

Got two bengal cats, one in cattery the other with us at parents and they have a huge dog so it has been interesting!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback