• BlushingRose
    BlushingRose Posts: 1,621 Forumite
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Do neither.
    Deal with them through CCCS.

Also a good idea.
    Ring CCCS and ask for advice.
    None of the creditors are obliged or guaranteed to freeze or reduce interest, unfortunately.
    However, there is a template letter which requests that the creditor freezes interest by explaining that they're not helping matters by adding interest. But, ask CCCS's advice first.
    Our LBM: Dec 2011. DMP started: Jan 2012. Debt at LBM: £41,568

Oct 2012 = Current debt: £40,548.93
    Oct 2013 = Current debt: £39.054.70

DMP Support number 424 - Long haul number 308
  • Walaboobah
    Options
    When I spoke to CCCS on Friday, the girl I spoke to suggested I speak to creditors as it's important to maintain a good relationship with them and sometimes they respond better to the person rather than CCCS!

I am really miffed tonight as this is by far my largest debt and it's just going to get bigger as very soon when they add the next interest it will go overlimit and more charges

I'll call CCCS on Monday and see what they suggest!
  • BlushingRose
    Options
    Yes, CCCS had suggested that we (well, Mr BR) speak with the creditors directly, but we're coming up to a year (Jan) and we never have. We've sent them letters asking them to communicate via post only and they have, as we have, and it's been fine. Do whatever you feel most comfortable with, although even if you do ring and discuss an interest freeze, if it were me, I'd still want it in writing.

• Walaboobah
    Options
    Yes I think that makes sense Rose, I will write to them. Can you tell me where the template letters are?
  • BlushingRose
    BlushingRose Posts: 1,621 Forumite
    Options
    Here is an example taking for the National Debtline page. Amend it so that it's more personal to you :)

1 High Street,
    Newtown,
    Kent
    R21 4RH

October 29, 2012

The Loan Company
    Company House,
    Church Street,
    Newtown,
    Kent,
    R1 7HG

Dear Sir/Madam

Account No: 4563210025897412

Thank you for your Letter of DD/MM/YYYY concerning the above account.
    We sorry that you feel unable to suspend interest charges on the above account. [ALL] of our creditors have agreed to suspend interest charges still accruing. They have accepted that to continue to charge interest would not assist us in our present financial difficulties, and can only serve to increase our total debt.
    (As you are aware, we have already paid considerable sums in interest to we account. If interest charges continue the monthly instalments we are paying will not even cover that interest. Also, the cooperation of we other creditors who have agreed to freeze interest already could be put at risk).
    We would therefore be grateful if you would reconsider your decision not to freeze the interest. This would mean that the monthly payments we make would actually reduce the balance owing to your company.
    We look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.
    Yours faithfully
    Mr A N Other

• Walaboobah
    Options
    I have sent a letter to the Halifax today, I have also received a letter from Barclays confirming they accept the offer of repayment on the loans, although no mention of interest in there and they will be issuing a Default on the account which I guess is good news, although a little daunting!

Also, had an Email from CCCS requesting a review which has surprised me, I had assumed these reviews would be 6 monthly but we have only made one payment to them and they have requested a review!

Is that standard practice?
  • Walaboobah
    Options
    Just ordered an online shop from Tesco as I had a £20 off voucher as I had used the service twice in October (only because I had another voucher though!)

I had no idea that by doing it I would gain a £20 off the bill voucher though so happy days!

I need to phone CCCS this afternoon about the review!
  • Walaboobah
    Options
    Well just spoke to a very helpful chap at CCCS, no review needed, it was a clerical error on their part!

He told me not to worry about it, go and make a cup of tea and put my feet up! :)
  • Walaboobah
    Options
    Had letters today off Barclays regarding the loans confirming they have accepted our offer of payment for both of them until the balance has been repaid :T

I just hope the Halifax come on board but having read some of the stories on here about them I am less than hopeful about that happening!! :mad:
  • Walaboobah
    Options
    Not spent a penny today!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills