2019 Wedding

Comments

• Wow Devonbiker I can't believe how similar this is to mine!

Austria is certainly a special place :)

Rx
  • Welcome Devonbiker.

We have decided to give notice in October, I was trying to book the appointment online but it crashed on me a couple of times, so I'll phone them tomorrow.

Nothing else to update!

How's everyone else getting on?
    new challenge?
    £1 a day for Christmas 2024 £100.60 / £366 ~
    Got married 24/05/19 ~ Credit Card
    DFW Nerd #1155 ~
    LBM 25/2/09 ~ Debt at highest £8,037.35 ~ £0
  • Hey Devonbiker & Congrats !

... my wedding is already turning into a huge headache.
    1) The white wedding dress I ordered on the 17th was meant to be delivered in store on Saturday... it's not turned up !

2) Sent £550 over to the photographer on Saturday...told me i'd get a receipt once the money is through and haven't ... unsure if it's just because she's busy or actually if it's not gone through her side (showing up as sent on my bank account)

Not planned anything else ... need my f.h to get a week day off in November or December to do our notice so I can buy/create and send invites out

:( So much to do, so little time now... I need to know if my mum has her birth certificate too but she doesn't seem to realize how important it is for her to look for it... I need it...
    :heartpuls Getting married 21.09.19 :heartpuls
    Emergency Savings - £15.55 / £1,000 :heart: XMAS '19 Savings - £0.00 / £365 :heart: Holiday savings - £6.00(SA) £00 (PB)
  • Hi
    apricity - what do you need your mum's birthday certificate for Hun? You know you can get certified copies? If you contact the register office where she was born you should be able to order a copy, probably costs about £10.
    I hope the shop can track your dress x
    Fingers crossed you get your receipt through from the photographer, how did you make the payment?

I've booked our appointment to give notice, 26th October :j

Just as we're back to school all the germs start flying around and I'm starting with a flipping cold, I am so fed up, affecting my ability to breathe :(

Hope everyone else is doing ok, health and wedding planning wise x
    new challenge?
    DFW Nerd #1155 ~
  • Cookieie wrote: »
    Hi Devonbiker,

Welcome to the group, we've similar dates!

Got engaged on the 30th June whilst in Austria for F1 & getting married 18th Oct 2019!

Let me know how you get on :0)

Rx

Just noticed your date and added you to the first post :)

If anyone else wants to go in the first post, let me know x
    new challenge?
    DFW Nerd #1155 ~
  • Our photographer has got back and the money has gone through fine,
    She sent me over the receipt over today and only have £550 left to pay,
    wanting to pay this off with the money i have left & to pay this off first instead of just putting it straight into my wedding fund.

Still no sign of the dress - i'm in the shopping center where it was supposed to be delivered to tomorrow as i'm meeting my sister anyway for coffee , so I will pop in and inquire about where it is... it's getting ridiculous!! and i'm getting worried....

I didn't know you could ask for other people's birth certificates. I think i may have to do that.
    thank you for telling me :)
    Emergency Savings - £15.55 / £1,000 :heart: XMAS '19 Savings - £0.00 / £365 :heart: Holiday savings - £6.00(SA) £00 (PB)
  • Hi Everyone!
    So nice reading through all of your planning updates!! Exciting times for us all. :j

Me and H2B really need to sit down for a "Wed-min" session and get back on track with what still needs to be done. I know we've mostly done all the big stuff - caterer, venue, dress, photographer, hair & make-up... but I don't want to forget about all the details and small decisions like cake, menu choices, invitation design...

I think I'm on top of everything but when I actually think about it, there's still a huge amount to get done. Even if it's just agreeing not to do some things, if you know what I mean?

Now I know it's getting closer to Christmas, the fear is starting to creep in because once we're into the New Year it's only 6 months to the Wedding :eek:

But really, I can't wait! Roll on 2019 :beer:
  • Dress update
    My dress was lost in transit,
    Quiz gave me a refund and a code to get free next day delivery.
    Managed to order a size 14 instead of 16 (I am size 14 but in some 14 dresses,they don't allow me to move easy or comfortably)

Meant to arrive tomorrow so hopefully second time lucky.
    The only reason why i chose store delivery was so my future hubby didn't see it.

I know how you feel, Savingforfuture,
    I'm getting like that though I feel okay as things are going in place and
    ordered everything from most expensive to least and in importance.
    I need a wed-min but he's accepting of everything and i have to nag him to look at contracts and stuff.
    I explained that i didn't wanna bug him but with less than a year now I want him to know where our money is going and to check if it's legit... plus he's weird and loves reading contracts.

I have £550 left to pay my photographer - will need to ask F.H if he wants me to focus on paying that off first or put whole amount in savings first. If he says i can pay it off first, i can pay £200 towards it today.

i'm not worried about christmas as my christmas gift money is already saved and separated.

Maybe , savingforfuture have a wed-min meeting every 2 weeks so then it's not constant (unless needed) but then you're talking about it.
  • BeckyAP
    BeckyAP Posts: 50 Forumite
    We went back to our venue on sunday - they had an open day.
    It was nice to go back and see a couple of people. We also got to try some nibbles made by the caterer and they were lovely!
    We had a quick chat with the stylists that work at the venue so hopefully we can go and meet them soon.
    Still thinking about what to do for flowers - I'm not having bridesmaids or formal table settings but still want to have flowers around the barn etc.
    We're managing all our spending/saving through a spreadsheet so I can track what's been paid but also put links in for things that we've found like a cake topper or rings.

Apricity - how was the dress?
  • apricity
    apricity Posts: 198
    Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    Aw I bet that was a nice day out !
    That would be good, plan it how you want that way.

Flowers is a biggie for me too, I was gonna buy a bunch of sunflowers & Roses from the supermarket on the day or the night before and dressing them up with ribbon etc. BUT my dad's cousin could do my flowers... i'm unsure how much she'd cost.

I use a similar way to track plus we're only paying the deposits now and paying the rest when we have everything all saved up.

My dress
    Was an actual blessing in disguise that the other dress got lost as the new dress is big on top and my belly sticks out a little but I wasn't looking or feeling my best self when I tried the dress on so maybe when I try it on maybe with my sister and M.O.H there . The bottom is a little long on me, I think i'm slightly short for the dress. I do love it - it's just me and my 'mental' side - I'm having personal body issues .... :(

my future hubby knows that I purchased a new dress but he won't look when i said it was okay to look. But he won't he doesn't want to , bless him (I didn't want him to see anyway)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure