Going Paper Free - Should I Throw Old Insurance Documents?

In a bid to go paper-free, I'm thinking of transferring my policy numbers, name of insurer and years covered to Excel or some other digital package.

I think in the last 10 years, I've been asked to see previous insurance documents just once.

My NCB is a bit messed up too as one year I added a year by accident. After correcting that, a few years later an insurance company didn't recognise anything over 7 years, so looking back, it says just 7 when it was nearer to 9!

Good idea?

Comments

• foxy-stoat
    foxy-stoat Posts: 6,879 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I dont think I have needed to print off any insurance documents for years (apart from NCD proof). Just keep policy booklet and schedules in PDF format in the cloud somewhere, like emailing to yourself.
  • wgl2014
    wgl2014 Posts: 1,144 Forumite
    Not a problem unless you subsequently need them for some reason. For the sake of a few sheets of A4 I would file them away out of sight.
  • EssexExile
    EssexExile Posts: 6,138 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    It all comes by email so it stays on the computer.
    Tall, dark & handsome. Well two out of three ain't bad.
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Given that you've now started at least 3 threads asking the same question about different sorts of dcuments I suggest you throw all of it on a bonfire and dance round that for a while before not starting any more.
  • I have an all-in-one printer, so rather than keep too much paper I scan documents in, file on the PC then ditch the paper. That way, should I ever need the document, I can still print it off. Just make sure your filing system and file names on the PC is logical, or you'll have fun finding things!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure