Advice needed please

Options
2»

Comments

• Willing2Learn
    Options
    If it were me, I would still make the 10% offers as you never know...

If the f&f offers are declined, then yes, make an offer of a repayment schedule in writing. Attach a copy of your monthly budget and then make a low offer (whatever your budget says you can afford). And yes, if you did lots of overtime, then a bigger f&f offer after six months or so, could be acceptable to them...
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • tomandjerry
    Options
    Thanks a lot.

Strangely enough they have my email address so I could send them an email and it's quicker. I update my progress...

taj :)
    DMP started 2/2007
    DMP Mutual support #136
    DFD July 2013 May 2024 Oct 2017 Feb 2017 April 2017...t's complicated :eek::eek:
  • tomandjerry
    Options
    I just looked them up (dca - robinson way) online and the reviews are not so good...some people are saying it's a scam...
    DMP started 2/2007
    DMP Mutual support #136
    DFD July 2013 May 2024 Oct 2017 Feb 2017 April 2017...t's complicated :eek::eek:
  • Willing2Learn
    Options
    Robinson Way are bona fide. I had debts managed by them. They accepted a f&f offer from me (though I cannot remember the percentage as was a long time ago)
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • tomandjerry
    Options
    so I shouldn't need to worry about that...ok, will send them an email and wait for an answer.
    DMP started 2/2007
    DMP Mutual support #136
  • tomandjerry
    Options
    Hi,

There is my update: After I'd emailed them my offer (reduced amount plus removing interest and charges) I heard nothing for a couple of weeks. On Saturday 17th November I received a letter from Robinson Way suggesting some of the options:
    "*pay 65% of your outstanding balance to clear this account. If you pay a reduced settlement, once paid our client would update your file as 'partially settled' and won't ask you for any more money.
    *We may be even able to agreed that you pay this reduced amount over a number of months.
    *Agree an affordable payment plan based on your current balance and circumstances.

We can guarantee the above settlement offer for 30 days from the date on this letter. If you'd like to take advantage of this offer please contact us to discuss your options before you make any settlement payment."

I have received a letter from RW today (I believe this letter is an answer to my email) saying I would have to contact a creditor directly
    re: interest and charges. RW is currently querying a copy of statements on my behalf and this account will remain on hold until they receive a response from my creditor. Once the document has been received, they will forward it to me.

My plan is to contact them and tell them I am happy to pay 65% of the outstanding balance over a number of months. Not sure how much the balance would be reduced after removing interest and charges though.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks,
    taj.
    DMP started 2/2007
    DMP Mutual support #136
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure