Tesco Clubcard deals - How on earth do I buy them?

Options
dodomoney
dodomoney Posts: 67 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
edited 17 November 2018 at 1:30AM in Supermarket coupons
I cant believe I'm having to ask this on a forum, but Tesco Clubcard deals website is so abysmal that I cannot figure out how to spend clubcard points or even buy any of their deals! I started at about half 11 and its now half 12. Terrible website (will be boycotting them once I've got rid of these points).

So I've signed up online, and added my existing clubcard to the online account. Verified my name and address etc and it correctly shows in my account that I have £25.

The deal I wanted to try was Hotels.com £15 for every £5 in clubcard points. I added £20 of them to my basket and get hit with an error "you do not have enough clubcard points"... YES I DO! It says it in my account I have £25!. I even have the £25 worth of coupons they have posted to me. Yet there's nowhere I can input these coupons or redeem them against this deal.

The website is here; https://secure.tesco.com/clubcard/ and it should be shut down as its a disgrace. I'd add a screenshot of what my basket looks like but I cant see the facility on this forum to upload photos.

I wonder if it is even a legit website or is it a scam? Im genuinely of the opinion that this could be a bogus marketing ploy that doesnt actually even work! Theres just no way to redeem my points. Im tearing my hair out!! Should not be this difficult just to spend points!

Comments

• no1catman
    no1catman Posts: 2,972 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    With that website (and it is the right one) did you go into my clubcard account?

Personally, I've not done a 'deal' myself - but I have advised others (callers) how to do it. Sometimes I think, they think I can literally see what they are keying!

And just to check - you've just got the one clubcard, and when you set up the dot.com account with Tesco you quoted that number, and you haven't done any orders in the past with say Tesco.com/direct? I ask because they would have set you up with a 'virtual' card (for on-line use only). Seems unlikely, as you said it mentions the £25.00

Maybe you are thinking 20 = £20, whereas it thinks 20 = 20 x £5 = £100 - no you don't have that much! Yes, more likely - it's in reality asking how many £5.00 vouchers do you want to redeem, not how much do you want to spend! Hence the answer is 'five' not twenty'.

HTHs
    I used to work for Tesco - now retired - speciality Clubcard
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family