0800 Number Forwarding

Hi All,

I know this has been asked before, but the link I found was in 09 which is now a long time ago. (Im new so cant post the link :mad:)

Is there now any better options? Im in the same boat, small business, do not want to be paying large monthly payments for low call volumes.

Wish list is the following:
- Menu system
- 0800 number
- Call forwarding
- Answer phone service

Thanks in Advance!

Comments

• phill99
    phill99 Posts: 9,093 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I have a Freephone number and have had it for about 10 years. I use it on all of my advertising (website, facebook, flyers etc). It costs me £75 - £100 a year.

I used to have it forwarded to my mobile so I would always answer it. That was a bit of a pain as I could be on a roof, behind someones toilet etc so not convenient. I also would get loads of sales calls which annoyed me. I now have it forwarded to a UK based call answering service. They answer as my company, say I'm out of the office and then send me a text and email with the callers details. If its a sales call I ignore it and if it is a job enquiry I call back at my convenience. That costs about £1 a call.
    Eat vegetables and fear no creditors, rather than eat duck and hide.
  • rhysadams
    rhysadams Posts: 303 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I use a Voip line from Gradwell with an 0800 number attached to it. Costs me £12.00 plus VAT per month and the call costs are pretty reasonable. I have an app on my iPhone that integrates with CallKit so that I can answer the calls like a nomrla telephone call.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure