I will cut my coat according to my cloth. {Edited by Forum team} 2019

Options

Comments

• I would be seeking legal advice as refusing the mother access to the children with no court order maybe classed as kidnap on your part rereading through i couldn't see that your son or you had guardianship so whatever the rights or wrongs the law at this point maybe on her side. I know he has an appointment with a solicitor but it may be worth calling citizens advice for more info /help . I am sure someone will be along to offer more knowledge x
    Keeping both feet on solid ground
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    We won't be refusing her access, it just has to be arranged. We have been advised to get a non molestation order? What ever that is.
    We will do what we have to. But if we leave the children alone with her she might try to take them away, and social don't want her to have them. I am sure that they will be whirling away in the background working it all out.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    You can find info on Gov.uk re Non-molestation orders Mooloo . It's like the Injunction that freed us from ex husband.

As your son has only recently admitted what's been happening he will need to see what evidence he can produce . It seems he's only just made it known to SS . I was lucky to have documented evidence from both GP and Police .

The order involves both legal representatives and court . In his case the little ones will need to be protected too . I don't know if her behaviour involves mental , physical , financial or other forms of control .

I know you have a meeting in a few weeks but as initially the Health Visitor and now SS are backing him and the boys leaving their home for now, it's worth trying to get the contact your son was put in touch with to help explain the process .

I can't remember which order is in place which meant SS could not remove the children without legal action . I'm assuming the little ones are still under Safeguarding so as your son is trying to protect the children too they need to know the current situation .

See if your son can provide any evidence to support action . Mental abuse could apply to the children as they've witnessed her behaviour and been disrupted as a result .

I'm aware your son is Dyslexic so may not process written info easily . There is a site for males Men's advice line which has useful advice so may be worth you having a look . Women's Aid has lots of info but decades on is still Women orientated sadly.

Meanwhile stay strong , try to sleep when possible and I hope she doesn't turn up on the door step . I do feel for her but she doesn't seem to have insight into the situation . Let's hope her parents and family step up to support her .

pollyx
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • hb2
    hb2 Posts: 1,398 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I hope you are able to get to sleep rather earlier tonight Mooloo, this must all be utterly exhausting (((hugs))).
    It's not difficult!
    'Wander' - to walk or move in a leisurely manner.
    'Wonder' - to feel curious.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    I'm off to bed. Good night all.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thinking of you Mooloo x
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,270 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope you get some sleep Mooloo.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Little one woke around 1.30. Dad was already making his bottle when I went down to the bathroom. They woke about 10 minutes ago. I can hear them chuntering away but not been in to see them yet.

Now I have.
    It looks like a promising start this morning. Birds singing and sun up. Although I don't doubt it will be cold to start.
    Yesterday I had the boys here while DS did his Theory test. Unfortunately he failed by 6 points. So he will have to do it again.
    I bought him some clothes in Primarni, so he can wash his others! Good old Primarni. I managed to get my socks and tights and resist all the summer fashions.
    Back for hanging out a wash load . Two pairs of trousers shortened and delivered to the customer, quick hello to my sister and off to babysitting for Biggest. Home via an Aldi Shop, cook dinner and receive my 2nd Argos delivery. The high chair. Then after the children were in bed I did my trolley of alterations and then went to bed. I didn't do any extra making. Too tired.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Ps. Cashed in my PayPal account and added £200 to my savings pot.
    So both savings pots now have £700 in . Yeah.
    Although I will probably have to use some of it later on, for now it spurs me on to keep making little profits from my stash of fabric etc and selling on Facebook etc etc
    Promising conversion with shop in next town about selling my remakes/upcycled things too.
    I feel confident that I will still earn, probably earn more, after the shop is closed.
    Now I am at work. Time to get my mojo going!
  • hb2
    hb2 Posts: 1,398 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Mooloo, if you find your mojo, will you please ask it if it has seen mine?!

I'm not surprised you are ready for bed by the end of the day, you are fitting a lot into 24 hours.

Glad that you have managed to get some dosh into the savings pots, I bet it feels good to know it is there :)
    It's not difficult!
    'Wander' - to walk or move in a leisurely manner.
    'Wonder' - to feel curious.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport