PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Weight Loss 2019 Part 2

Comments

• Munchin
    Munchin Posts: 2,816 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Hi

Sorry, I didn't check in last Friday so that was -0.5 lb off. Hoping for 1 this week but with the amount of chocolate I ate it would be very optimistic:o
  • Rose_Wood
    Rose_Wood Posts: 867 Forumite
    edited 24 April 2019 at 6:12PM
    Evening Everyone

Well, what a fantastic day its been again! The forecast was for thunderstorms this afternoon but they seem to have missed us.

I started my day with a swim in our open air pool. I had several short walks backwards and forwards to various places then a run with my friend. We did 12 two minute runs interspersed by one minute walks today. Then this afternoon I played tennis for an hour and a half. I'm starting to look tanned after the beautiful weather we've been having and all the time outdoors.

DGD is coming shortly and staying the night so I shall be kept active till bedtime. I will have the school run in the morning and also need to sort out a packed lunch for her so it will be a busy start.

Lunch: Smoked salmon and cream cheese with mixed leaves, cucumber, apple, cabbage and onion coleslaw and cherry tomatoes.
    Dinner: Bacon and egg with mushrooms. Greek yoghurt with raspberries.
    Treats: 1 finger of a treat sized KitKat

Right, I shall go and make the most of my last half hour to myself before DGD arrives.

Rose
    Weight Loss Challenge 5/7/19 10st 6lbs
    Target 8st 12lbs

Daily Steps Challenge 16,000
    Average daily steps: January 19,317, February 19,449, March 20,330, April 22,026, May 20,412 June 15,690
  • Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,116 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Evening :)

Can you record a - 2.5lb Loss for me please Cranky, I'm really happy with that as I feel that for the first time since Christmas I've been eating right :) I'm sitting on a stone dead but was told by my sister I couldn't take anything else off to nudge it under

Unfortunately no walking today as my meeting over run into lunch and I had just time to grab my salad before going into the next one. It's been trying to rain this evening following on from some torrential rain mid morning , hopefully both work and the weather won't gang up on me tomorrow and I'll get out for at least a half hour.

B - banana and raspberry over night oats
    L - prawn and egg salad followed by fresh pineapple
    D - same as yesterday breaded quorn steak with green veg
    S - 2 plums and a digestive biscuit
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,755 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 25 April 2019 at 2:46PM
    Old Style Weight Loss Challenge 2019 Second Quarter

01/04/19 - 30/06/19

Imperial (lbs)

Brambling 4.5/10 -/:);)/;)/:):);)
    chocolatebum 4/14 -/:):):)/:)/STS
    Cranky 2.5/9 -/:):):):);)/STS/:D:D
    dandy-candy +0.5/7 -/:):)/STS/:D:D:o
    Doing it my way 0/13 -/-/-/STS
    dumpling 2/10 -/-/:):):):)/:D:D
    ellie99 2/10 :)/:)/-/STS
    enthusiastic saver 4/14:)/:)/:):)/
    fit and freaky 2/18 -/:):)/-/
    Gingerlily +0.5/14 -/;)/:);)/:D:D:o
    GreenEcoGirl +2/11 -/STS/:D:D/
    hatful of hollow 2/11 -/-/-/:):)
    Iheartichokeyou 0/10 -/-/-/
    Izadora 3/18 -/:)/:D:D/:):):):)
    K9zz 3/12 -/:):)/:)/
    katiepants 6/13 -/:):):):);)/:);)/
    kazwookie 3/12 -/:)/:)/:)
    MovingForwards 9/20 :):):):):):):)/:)/:)/
    MrsLottie 0.5/7 ;)/;)/:o/
    Munchin 1/10 -/;)/;)/
    Rose Wood 3/7 -/:):)/:)/STS
    s_glover 3/16 -/STS/STS/:):):)
    SIRENS 1.5/10 -/;)/:):)/:D
    star trek fan 2/14 -/:):):)/:D/
    VickyV 2/16 -/:)/:)/

Metric (kg)

butterfly2507 0.2/9 -/:D/:);)/:):)

Weight Loss week 1 ..................8.0 lbs
    Weight Loss week 2 ............... 35.0 lbs & +0.5 kg
    Weight Loss week 3..................12.5 lbs & 0.7 kg
    Weight Loss week 4....................2.5 lbs & 1.0 kg
  • s_glover
    s_glover Posts: 653 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Yesterday was another good day. I had a lovely run at lunchtime, the further I've been since last summer!
    I did have a few treats but allowing myself these helps keep me on the straight and narrow.

I've been sitting at my desk pretty much all day today, hoping to get out tomorrow lunchtime and appreciate some of the beautiful blossom trees.
  • K9zz
    K9zz Posts: 38 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hi everyone,
    Sorry I’ve been MIA again, just forget to come on here. I’ve set a reminder in my phone for tomorrow to weigh and update it on here, so hopefully it’ll be easier to remember!
    Didn’t have much chocolate over Easter but still ate quite badly. I’ve been advised to up the protein levels in my diet to quash the hunger so with that in mind so far today I’ve had:-
    B. 2 egg omelette with 30g cheese
    L. Tin of tuna in brine mixed with tbsp of lightest mayo
    D. This will wreck things as I’m having pea and sun dried tomato risotto, definitely not high in the protein stakes but DH is away so I’m having something ready cooked from the freezer.
    P. No carb Bircher.
    Ok all take care and hopefully I’ll be able to report a loss tomorrow morning.
    Luv K9zz x
  • Rose_Wood
    Hi Everyone,

I've had another busy day. I've just booked accommodation for daughters wedding in September as she's not getting married locally.

I took DGD to school and then played tennis this morning. It was quite cold - such a contrast to yesterday. This afternoon I had a 3 mile walk delivering publicity for work so have easily done my steps. DH and I are planning to go out later and see Red Joan so that will be another walk there and back.

Lunch: Scrambled egg with avocado, mixed leaves, cucumber and tomato.
    Dinner: Chicken thighs with mushrooms and peas and half a small jacket potato
    Snack: Smoked salmon with cream cheese
    Treats: Probably a Magnum at the cinema.

Rose
    Target 8st 12lbs

Average daily steps: January 19,317, February 19,449, March 20,330, April 22,026, May 20,412 June 15,690
  • zafiro1984
    zafiro1984 Posts: 2,445 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Can I join in again. The last time I posted was back in Feb just before my knee replacement. I'm now mended but still finding it hard to get about so food has been my downfall and I've almost put on all that I had lost over the last 18months. I am quite disgusted with myself.

Please put me down for 14lbs

I know it's bad because I've been reading my diet books on kindle for the last few days - trying to motivate myself again.
  • VickyV
    VickyV Posts: 247 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Hi all,
    Hope you've enjoyed Easter and been able to indulge in moderation (:rotfl: nope? Me neither!) Despite my idea of moderate being 'only' half an egg - I can't help it, it looks so sad when it has bits missing :( - I've had a decent week and have lost -3lb. I'm happy with that as it feels like I've not lost as much as expected over the last couple of weeks.

Anyway, food today will be:
    B: slice of Rye bread, 2 bacon rashers, 1 (dry) fried egg, sriracha sauce
    L: soup
    T: keema with vegan mince and a small serving of brown rice
    S: 10g chocolate; jelly pot; cheesy wotsits.

There, I'm accountable!

Vicky x
    Grocery challenge:December 2022 £151.96/£400 . Advent decluttering challenge 47/240.
  • Rose_Wood
    Evening All

I've been rejigging my diet a bit on my carb counting app this afternoon after listening to a podcast about older women and weight loss the low carb way. I'm going to up the protein a bit, lower the fat a bit and keep the carbs around the same. Lets hope it works.

I had Yoga this morning and my friends and I then sat outside a coffee shop in the sun chatting over our coffees. This afternoon I did masses of ironing for DS (he pays me to do it) and then went for a run with my friend. We did 13 sets of run 2 minutes, walk 1 minute. I also had a bit of a sprint as I'd taken my fleece off as I was too hot and laid it under a bench. I then saw someone in the distance walking off with it!! So I went haring after them to reclaim it. They pretended they thought it had been discarded but they knew perfectly well they were going to take it home!

Tonight I have to go into to work for an hour to cover a busy period so am about to go get changed and go.

Lunch: Chicken and avocado salad.
    Dinner: Egg, mushroom and homemade wedges.
    Snack: Smoked salmon with cream cheese.
    Treats: 4 small squares of dark chocolate. 1/3 of a chocolate chip shortbread. I shared it with a friend but gave her most of it.

I've just recalculated how many weeks to DD's wedding and there are 19 weeks left. I think I'd miscalculated before. Anyhow, I want to lose 18lbs if possible so a pound a week from now to then should do it.

Rose
    Target 8st 12lbs

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure