Deed of variation on will time limit

Options
Hoping someone could offer advice or reflect if they have been in a similar position, I'll keep it brief rather than over complicate with the full story...

With the 2 year time limit on a deed of variation of a will, does this refer to the deed itself being drawn up and signed, or is it the timeframe to get it registered and completed with the land registry ?

The deed of variation relates to agricultural land.

Comments

• Keep_pedalling
    Keep_pedalling Posts: 16,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    You have 2 years to get the DoV completed, changing the ownership on the land registry can happen any time after that. If the DoV affects IHT then MMRC must be notified within 6 months of the DoV being completed.
  • Land_Registry
    Land_Registry Posts: 5,779 Organisation Representative
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Jennac wrote: »
    Hoping someone could offer advice or reflect if they have been in a similar position, I'll keep it brief rather than over complicate with the full story...

With the 2 year time limit on a deed of variation of a will, does this refer to the deed itself being drawn up and signed, or is it the timeframe to get it registered and completed with the land registry ?

The deed of variation relates to agricultural land.

We don't register wills or their variation. So any time limit doesn't apply to us.
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure