PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

A new 'tougher' thread... and so it continues

Comments

• Byatt
    Byatt Posts: 3,496 Forumite
    We're on red alert weather wise down here :(
  • kidcat
    kidcat Posts: 6,058 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Stay safe Byatt
  • Mrs_Chip
    Mrs_Chip Posts: 1,819 Forumite
    O hope you stay safe and dry overnight Byatt x
    Think big thoughts but relish small pleasures
  • Popperwell
    Popperwell Posts: 5,088 Forumite
    Byatt wrote: »
    We're on red alert weather wise down here :(
    And kidcat...it's worrying...
    "A government afraid of its citizens is a Democracy. Citizens afraid of government is tyranny!" ~Thomas Jefferson

"Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light won't come in" ~ Alan Alda
  • oldtractor
    oldtractor Posts: 2,262 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Keep safe in this awful weather everyone.
  • Byatt
    Byatt Posts: 3,496 Forumite
    The weather map was covered by all cloud! I have to get to the cats tomorrow, come hell or high water! Night, xx
  • kidcat
    kidcat Posts: 6,058 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Byatt - I think we can probably guarantee the high water!! :)

I have realised the problem I bought DD lelli kelli sandals when we had summer weeks ago since then its rained non stop!! Same thing last year.
  • smileyt_2
    smileyt_2 Posts: 1,240 Forumite
    kidcat wrote: »
    Byatt - I think we can probably guarantee the high water!! :)

I have realised the problem I bought DD lelli kelli sandals when we had summer weeks ago since then its rained non stop!! Same thing last year.

Ha! So now we know who's to blame! Could you possibly take the sandals back to the shop, please? :rotfl:

I have made jam! Only 3 small (200g) jars and a smidge in another jar but I am feeling very proud of myself. Of course my teeth will fall out tomorrow because I had to scrape the pan out and test the jam. Given the weather we've had (points accusingly at Kidcat ..... :p) and the state of my allotment I'm amazed I've had any fruit at all.

Kidcat, I really don't know how you cope with your son's school. I hope CAMHS can help put something into place.

Pops yes this job was the one I was worried about being late with the application, but obviously they accepted it. I'll be going through the job description and person spec to highlight skills and think up examples of when I've used them. And thinking about mistakes, dealing with difficult people etc.

Right, off to bed, it's late. At least it's stopped blinkin raining so I can take the dogs out for their bedtime constitutional without togging us all up in waterproofs!
    Aspire not to have more but to be more.
    Oscar Romero

Still trying to be frugal...
  • BitterAndTwisted
    BitterAndTwisted Posts: 22,492 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Popperwell wrote: »
    Speaking of two appropriate stores...weather and grass cutting...

The video has a quick shot of water running down the street in Barnard Castle...the other story this company runs housing across a large part of the North East throughout Durham County...

Coo! That footage brought back memories. I lived in Barney when I was a young teenager and hated it because there was naff-all to do. I'd love to live there now, or somewhere like over in Middleton-in-Teesdale.
  • Popperwell
    Popperwell Posts: 5,088 Forumite
    Coo! That footage brought back memories. I lived in Barney when I was a young teenager and hated it because there was naff-all to do. I'd love to live there now, or somewhere like over in Middleton-in-Teesdale.

Don't think it's changed a great deal, if you can access the local tv news on itv or bbc via the net I think there is more to be seen as some shops were flooded. I assume its because alot of Barney is in a kind of valley and you may be ok if you are on high ground.

Interesting how as you said years ago you wanted to get away and now it would be most welcome to live somewhere so calm, peaceful and lovely countryside closeby...wish I could have linked to more images and video...
    "A government afraid of its citizens is a Democracy. Citizens afraid of government is tyranny!" ~Thomas Jefferson

"Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light won't come in" ~ Alan Alda
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure