PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 4th September 2017

Comments

• Morning
    Hugs Natty
    Glad uniform found pigpen.
    Had awful sleep last night -just can't switch off so if anybody has any tips....
    Have been to dentist- next appointment March 2018.
    Will make start on bathroom in a moment but have to catch rather large spider first - will need big glass I think.
    Hugs all
    katiecat x
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,077 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Goodness that brings back some memories, Valli!
    Is it a sign of aging when you get annoyed when technology doesnt work? I mean, really seriously, I am going to throw a brick at this annoyed? Back in a little while when I have calmed down (and hopefully managed to log into my online banking).

No. It's a sign of how much we rely on it. I'm deeply disturbed by the fact that when t'internet goes down I find it difficult to think. Almost every second thought seems to be, 'I'll just google that .... Oh NO!'
    When the boys came along I made sure they got it as soon as poss by getting invited round to play with children who were suffering. Does that make me an evil mum?

It makes you the best! That was what everyone, and I mean everyone, did when I was growing up. Services brat, every single patch we lived on there were chicken pox, mumps and measles parties. The only thing I didn't manage to get was german measles and when I did as a late teenager it was when I was at boarding school and had I reported it, I'd have been kept in school over the weekend. We were only allowed out for four weekends a term, and it happened just before one of them so I kept it to myself.

Things are being tidied in the Room of Doom in fits and starts. Deck-clearing and so on. The truth is I have more stuff than I can deal with and I still haven't found a satisfactory way of letting go of the bits that I've still got. The last four years of divesting myself of gibble have been relatively straightforward but this is hard now. I'm waiting for my ruthless streak to come out again but it's been well hidden for some months and I think I may have to pretend it's back out to play.
    Better is good enough.
  • Natty68
    Natty68 Posts: 3,336 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Afternoon. Well I'm not sure where yesterday went..

Today I'm actually showered and dressed before 5pm..lol Have decluttered several cups of tea to DH upstairs in his office. Have just come in from stripping down the tomato branches so that all the tomatoes growing get the sunlight - well I can only hope it's sunlight. Relocated two munching snails to the back of the garden on the compost. Ate about four big zebra tomatoes while picking them...scrummy if I must say so myself.

Hung the wet washing on the maiden and will get another load in the machine after lunch.

Am going to do lunch with a couple of the picked tomatoes and some cheese.

Am really pleased with my council as they took my old mattress away today as requested, but I had written a cheeky message while requesting online if they could take the old whirly gig at the same time. Bless them they took it away with them ��

Thank you for all your hugs..they are greatly appreciated during this difficult time. My holiday to the zoo can't come quick enough ��
    Mortgage Free as of 20.9.17
    Declutter challenge 2023, 2024 🏅 🏅⭐️⭐️
    DH declutter challenge award 🏅⭐️
  • Natty68
    Natty68 Posts: 3,336 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Oooh I did speak to mother in law this morning..first time we've spoken since our verbal fight. Wow is all I can say..she was lovely and chatty and even complimenting me on things I had done for her.. I had managed to get her back online remotely when even BY couldn't get her online. Maybe she had been thinking after the fight and realised I was right. Wonders will never cease..lol
    Mortgage Free as of 20.9.17
    Declutter challenge 2023, 2024 🏅 🏅⭐️⭐️
    DH declutter challenge award 🏅⭐️
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,981 Forumite
    ooh there is hysteria about all those now Honey... let's vaccinate the hell out of our children!! So few get any of them now and there is talk of having a chickenpox vaccine too. It is widely used in America and they want to use it here too because a couple of children get serious secondary infections.. but it is ridiculous because they can get serious secondary infections from a common cold, pneumonia and bronchitis for a start.. My daughter knows someone whose small child died from chickenpox complications.. those parties are advised against nowadays but they used to be the norm. Measles was a massive killer at one stage, before antibiotics and hygiene were a thing. By the time vaccines were introduced it was in natural decline eradicating itself anyway and the medication was around to deal with most complications. My uncle (the chickenpox one!) got meningitis at 4 from measles in 1964 or thereabouts.. he was caught early and made a full recovery. I had measles at 7 and rubella at 6 .. consecutive christmases/birthdays! Rubella is advised against too in case it is passed to an expectant mum due to serious birth defects. .. but the good old days hahaha..

I appear to have become residence to a migraine.. trying to drug it to death but it is being stubborn.
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • I love, love, love this thread, could I join please? I'm quite new to MSE so still finding my way around.

I'm a widow and live with my two small dogs, I'm also quite badly disabled and struggle to do household chores. Having a list that I can tick off as I go along could really make a difference. I'm going to have a go at the Monday, love your lounge list, I won't get it all done, infact I doubt I will get through many but to see it written down what I can achieve could give me a huge moral boost.

Thankfully, as I live alone, my bungalow is never really untidy or dirty but doing bits like this will keep it neat as a new pin.

Thank you whomever thought of a thread like this.
    Feb 2019 GC £151.53/£300
    God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, wisdom to know the difference.
  • lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Afternoon and a warm welcome White_musk :hello:

Welcome back Bossy and hope you had a fantastic time. Whereabouts in Spain did you visit ?
    Hope you soon feeling better ATB - sending some gws vibes

Marvellous Monday - Love your lounge
    Vacuum upholstery inc under seat pads
    Vacuum/mop floors

Triffic Tuesday - Bathroom blitz....
    DONE

Back laters
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,077 Forumite
    Welcome White Musk! :wave:
    Better is good enough.
  • Marvellous Monday - Love your lounge

Level 1

Open Windows
    Plump cushions (washed and dried and plumped)
    Empty Bins
    Remove anything which doesn't belong here
    Deal with magazines/newspapers - recycle the old ones N/A
    Attend to cut flowers and pot plants N/A

Level 2

Vacuum upholstery inc under seat pads
    Dust around everywhere
    Make sure logs are in and drying - autumn's looming N/A
    Wipe light switches/sockets and places where sticky fingers linger

Level 3

Vacuum/mop floors
    Clean Windows
    Clean light fittings
    Make sure your sitting room/lounge/whatever you call it is ready for the most important people in your life - your family - to relax in.

Extras

Check you have spare light bulbs in because they blow at the most inconvenient time.
    get all smoke detectors tested and replace batteries

Make any routine appointments

I know this is yesterday's list but my bathroom was/is fine. I am so chuffed at the bits I've managed to get done today. If anyone turned up unexpected I wouldn't have any problem with them popping in and having a cuppa in my nice clean and tidy lounge.
    Feb 2019 GC £151.53/£300
    God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, wisdom to know the difference.
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Welcome white musk xx

lynne we went to the Murcia area, not far from Cartagena. Was very nice and a proper slow-pace holiday. Managed to read 2 books, 2 mags and start on a 3rd book.

Enrolled at college and found out start date. Bit of a shocker on motorway as big lorry pulling a trailer uncoupled on the slip road :eek: no-one hurt I think, thankfully he was traveling quite slow...

Collected our furries who have been given a nice box of hay and some spinach - and a chin rub :D

Made dinner for hungry children. Will go clean up and plan the rest of my week. Must make butties for pack ups...
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family