IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Care Parking Metrolink PCN

Hi,

Currently on day 26, about to send the appeal to Care Parking for a Metrolink PCN. On their appeal page under "Information Required" it states:
Should you wish to pursue an appeal against the parking charge notice (PCN), please ensure your appeal contains the following information or we will be unable to process it:

Your PCN Number
Your name & full postal address including postcode
Your vehicle registration number
The date of contravention
Any copies of evidence you have to support your appeal
Your contact telephone number & email address if relevant

The appeal copy from the newbies thread includes the PCN number and address (of the keeper) but not the vehicle registration or date. Is it okay to leave these out or should I include them?

Many thanks,
Eugine

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    There's no detriment as they already have that information.

It ensures your appeal gets put into the correct basket
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,662 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Quentin wrote: »
    There's no detriment as they already have that information.

It ensures your appeal gets put into the correct basket
    Agreed, supply what they ask for, except where a rogue PPC tries to ask who was driving.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • eugine
    eugine Posts: 26 Forumite
    Thanks guys. Back when I get the POPLA code!
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 15 August 2017 at 12:11AM
    eugine wrote: »
    Thanks guys. Back when I get the POPLA code!

and when you do get that code, see post #3 of the newbies sticky thread

and the best advice is to search the forum for CARE PARKING POPLA and read the other threads from 2017 and crib from their popla appeals

also use INDIGO POPLA RAILWAY and read those too, which are similar

and expect POPLA to place the appeal on hold due to them awaiting some decision by the DfT (reported on here recently by other members)
  • eugine
    edited 15 August 2017 at 12:17AM
    Hi,

I received my POPLA code last week. The reason for the PCN was because the driver was "parked outside of tram hours". I never received a NTK and appealed as the keeper.

I've started preparing the draft this evening.

I found one Care Parking POPLA appeal thread, but the appellant had previously given away who the driver was and the appeal was unsuccessful (appeal PDF: https://puu.sh/v5IDF/1e0fad376a.pdf), I've used some points from this. I found another user (Shadax) who won an appeal at the start of August but they didn’t post a draft!

I've also looked at this recent Indigo appeal - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5690116&highlight=indigo+popla

Should I use the "Railway Land Is Not ‘Relevant Land’" and "No Breach of Byelaw" points from there?

And a couple of other questions I have...

Do I need to insert the images (imgur/blogspot) into the document or are the links ok?

Should I keep both no keeper liability points?

Should I use the landowner authority wording from the unsuccessful appeal or stick with the one in there (from the newbies thread)?

Do I need to add the extra POPLA appeal point for no NTK? http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=71287643&postcount=2345

Here is the appeal (very draft): https://www.dropbox.com/s/a0776ag6662cnls/POPLA%20Appeal%20-%20Care%20Parking.pdf?dl=0

Please let me know if I have missed anything. Thanks very much for being such a helpful forum!
  • Coupon-mad
    Should I use the "Railway Land Is Not ‘Relevant Land’" and "No Breach of Byelaw" points from there?
    Yes, you may as well - I like kitchen sink POPLA appeals because I know they win.
    And a couple of other questions I have...

Do I need to insert the images (imgur/blogspot) into the document or are the links ok?
    Yes, images not links for POPLA (such as the Beavis case sign image itself). POPLA Assessors only have minutes allowed per case I expect, so they might not click on links, better to give them a pretty, illustrated appeal, not a wall of text and links.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edit the above

it was THE DRIVER who parked the vehicle

my mantra is , check for the words "ME , MYSELF and I" and then try to use a different word that does not identify any person

so THE DRIVER, THE KEEPER, THE OWNER etc

insert images and save as a pdf, never try to make an assessor do the work for you , because the parking company wont , they will enclose pictures etc in their evidence pack

YES use the fact that railway land is not relevant land , that is the whole point , the crux of the matter

always keep keeper no liability points , if appealing as keeper and not as driver

same for POFA2012 points , not relevant as not relevant land, driver/owner not identified

I would have thought that the postal pcn was an NTK, but if you have had no NTK at all then mention it
  • eugine
    Sorry, it was a typo. ;)

It was a windscreen PCN. I never received an NTK (I'm mentioning that as the first point).

I've added the not relevant land and no breach of byelaws and inserted the images.

Here's the latest draft - https://www.dropbox.com/s/uzraji6s8h79esk/POPLA%20Appeal%20-%20Care%20Parking%20copy.pdf?dl=0

Does that look ok?
  • Coupon-mad
    Nice appeal - with no NTK at all since 12th June, they CANNOT win against a keeper!

But being pedantic, this bit made no sense to me:
    There is no railway byelaw known as: 'Breach code 1: Failing to display a valid ticket or voucher'.

...because you said the PCN was because the driver was "parked outside of tram hours".

So change that to make sense and you are there. Upload under 'OTHER' to POPLA.
  • eugine
    edited 15 August 2017 at 12:58AM
    I think that'll be specific to Indigo?

Should it say "There is no railway byelaw known as: 'Parking Outside of Tram Service Hours"?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure