Atlantic Electric - Anyone used them?

Options
Hi

Firstly, I apologise if anything has already been posted about this company, or I'm requesting info already available in another thread, but I can't get the search facility to work at the moment.

I have just done a price comparison on my electric, and Atlantic Direct are coming out as the cheapest for me. Has anybody had any dealings with them, or know anything about them? I've never heard of them till now, and their customer service rating doesn't look great.

The saving is only £30 per annum approx, so I'm wondering if it's really worth switching if their customer service is likely to be dreadful, as Southern Elec who I'm with at the moment are pretty good on service.

Any help or feedback greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Caroline
:D

Comments

• NCW_2
    NCW_2 Posts: 59 Forumite
    Options
    We've used them for about 2 years and had no problems at all.
    NCW
  • djohn2002uk
    djohn2002uk Posts: 2,323 Forumite
    Options
    I got a quote over the phone from them today and they work out at £9/month cheaper than Staywarm. Will be contacting them to change tomorrow.
    By the way, they are now part of the Scottish & Southern group so their past problems should be well and truly behind them.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Thanks for your replies - it's reassuring to know that they're part of a larger group now, and also that you've not had any probs, NCW.

Cheers guys

Caroline
    ;D
  • chateau42
    chateau42 Posts: 119 Forumite
    Options
    Cheaper than Staywarm for unlimited consumption !!, if so must change as well ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
    The moving finger, having writ, moved on.
  • The_Biff
    The_Biff Posts: 406 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Had them for over 1 year. No problems though I had to remind them about the 1 moths refund of direct debit after 1 year. (special deal when I signed up).
    Nice to save.
  • djohn2002uk
    djohn2002uk Posts: 2,323 Forumite
    Options
    Not for unlimited Chateau, but I think you knew that. I detect an element of sarcasm in your post.......lol. Do you really think Staywarm is unlimited after what's gone on recently ?.
    But, I have scope here to use another £108 worth if we have a really cold winter (which I doubt very much that I will) and will still break even.
    And, if Staywarm were to put me on the high user tarrif in January,which seems to be a certainty because I still can't get them to use correct meter readings, I'll be saving even more.
    And a last point, I can rest assured that now Atlantic are part of Scottish & Southern, if I have any problems, there will be a decent customer service to help. More than can be said for Staywarm/Powergen. And I say this having had experience of both.
  • MarkyMarkD
    MarkyMarkD Posts: 9,912 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Had them for over 1 year. No problems though I had to remind them about the 1 moths refund of direct debit after 1 year. (special deal when I signed up).
    They stitched me up on that too. They claimed I wasn't on the right tariff to get the 1 month refund, although I was definitely offered it when I signed up, and did pay by DD. At the end of the day, I couldn't prove the point so binned them instead.
  • chateau42
    chateau42 Posts: 119 Forumite
    Options
    djohn2002uk. ;D ;D ;D Each to his own.
    The moving finger, having writ, moved on.
  • gord_3
    gord_3 Posts: 37 Forumite
    Options
    I was promised the refund too.The times I rang them and they said the cheque was in the post, then they said I'd never been promised it. In the end Energy watch got me my refund. Never again. If they promise you a refund get it in writing!
  • pompey
    pompey Posts: 115 Forumite
    Options
    I have been with them (gas & elec) for over a year, with no problems.

I have just received cheques equivalent to one months direct debit for gas & elec. The pay it out on the anniversary of the account.

:)
    No sig!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family