Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Former MSE Andrea
    • By Former MSE Andrea 10th Jan 13, 9:41 AM
    • 9,418Posts
    • 22,339Thanks
    Former MSE Andrea
    Ask Atos Healthcare disability assessment questions
    • 10th Jan 13, 9:41 AM
    Ask Atos Healthcare disability assessment questions 10th Jan 13 at 9:41 AM
    Atos Healthcare assesses disability on behalf of the government. This highly controversial issue has been discussed many times on these forums and in the press.

This is a trial thread to allow Atos to provide guidance about the process. We have agreed, but it can only post specifically within this thread.

Subjects it can answer questions on include:

• Clarifications about the Work Capability Assessment questionnaire
    • Appointments/Assessments
    • Travel and travel expenses to the assessment
    • Home visits
    • Health Care Professionals and their qualifications (but not specific individuals)

It won't be able to answer questions on:

• The policy for decisions itself (DWP is responsible for this, not Atos)
    • The appeals process
    • The DWP staff who made the decision
    • Questions that would need your personal details
    • It can obviously only answer questions on the parts of the ESA Work Capability Assessment it carries out.

Why we’re allowing this:

As the issue is controversial and often causes anger amongst some affected, we think it even more important to facilitate the ability for people to contact Atos directly and get answers in a public space. Many people have demanded answers on this forum – this should help them get them – we will be monitoring the trial to see if it does.

Of course this is not an endorsement of the firm or government policy by MSE or Martin.

Before we allowed this to happen we asked and received assurances that during this (initial trial) period they would provide sufficient resources to answer people’s questions.

Please don’t debate the firm or policy in this thread

We have the forum Discussion Time board which allows discussion of that. This thread is a question and answer thread.

To ask a question

Just click reply below to ask your question and the Atos representative will aim to answer your question within 2 working days (ie Mon-Fri). More complicated questions could take longer so keeping posts simple, with one question per post, should help get a quicker response.

You’ll recognise the Atos Healthcare representative as the username will be displayed in bold purple and have a special representative signature.

As always, abusive posts will be removed – please report any inappropriate posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com and don’t feed the trolls.
    Last edited by Former MSE Andrea; 10-01-2013 at 4:02 PM.
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
Page 92
  • Atos Healthcare representative
    Dear ATOS representative, if in this thread you cannot answer any questions relating to the PIP procedures, then please can you start a thread that you (or someone from ATOS) can. There are many of us who would really appreciate some concrete answers instead of the same parrot phrases that we all get when we contact ATOS. One of the big ones being - why are we told by the health assessors to phone after 5 weeks to check the status of our claims - to be told after 5 weeks we are in an audit pile for quality control purposes that drags on for months - does ATOS know how to fill out and write these reports or not. I will be very interested in your reply.
    Originally posted by cazz2013
    Hi cazz2013

Thanks for this. I have passed your comment on to the PIP team, who are looking at the various ways they could communicate with people about the PIP process during 2014. It will still be the case that if any information about the progress of your assessment changes the customer relations team that you have contacted will be able to tell you.
    ďOfficial Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Atos Healthcare. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    Hi

I wonít be able to respond to any more posts on here until the new year. If anyone has questions about your assessment you can still contact customer relations using the details in my profile.
    I am the official company representative of Atos Healthcare. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • schrodie
    • By schrodie 20th Dec 13, 6:38 PM
    • 7,667 Posts
    • 11,281 Thanks
    schrodie
    Hi

If anyone has questions about your assessment you can still contact customer relations using the details in my profile.
    Originally posted by Atos Healthcare representative
  • sicknotethefirst
    Hi Olive Oyl

If any of our HCPs haven't been so with you please contact us using that address so that we can investigate it.
    Originally posted by Atos Healthcare representative

If any of our HCPs haven't been so with you please contact us using that address so that we can cover it up
  • maxiu
    jess
    Hi I have stenosis of the spinal cord, degenritive disc disease, extreme fibromyaliga and hyper mobility syndrome. I be suffered since a was 15 with me back ave always tried to work through it.Till sep2013 when I collapsed after 2 disc s collapsed in my back leaving me temporarily inncontant and parlised. Since the op I am in constant pain can barley walk need crutches and a wheel chair carnt sit or stand r lie in the same position for more than a few minutes, a suffer chronic pain chronic fatigue cramps and weakness in legs and feet arms in hands back to the hospital Wednesday, waited 5 month for me medical last week I had it, no id was asked for .I was told I could record it but when I got there was told I couldn't, it started late so felt I was rushed through it I had t ask the asseser who was a physo to retype some of her comments. It wasn't at all composed well. The lady was polite but that means nothing. The day after a letter of the whole event all my medications, and conditions and how they affect me on a whole was sent to the DWP person who makes the decision, just to make sure he gets it as a felt my assessment was rushed and I could get everything out I wanted to. I've also complained to atos and wrote to the local MP. I've made the DWP aware that if i am not successful I will most definitely be appealing. Atoms say they don't make the decision yet there report has a massive influence on the final decision.my assessor was as phyotheopist, yetave had to see a ortherpedic surgeon a rhemutoligist and a neurosurgeon and I've had 3 MRI as scans and as emergency op since September yet they give me a physiotheopist t asses me, well blow me away why waste NHS money when they could of sent me t c a physotheropist from start, NOT, they only have specific medical qualifications Thats why There therapists and not any of the listed consultant s in this statement
    Hi I have stenosis of the spinal cord, degenritive disc disease, extreme fibromyaliga and hyper mobility syndrome. I be suffered since a was 15 with me back ave always tried to work through it.Till sep2013 when I collapsed after 2 disc s collapsed in my back leaving me temporarily inncontant and parlised. Since the op I am in constant pain can barley walk need crutches and a wheel chair carnt sit or stand r lie in the same position for more than a few minutes, a suffer chronic pain chronic fatigue cramps and weakness in legs and feet arms in hands back to the hospital Wednesday, waited 5 month for me medical last week I had it, no id was asked for .I was told I could record it but when I got there was told I couldn't, it started late so felt I was rushed through it I had t ask the asseser who was a physo to retype some of her comments. It wasn't at all composed well. The lady was polite but that means nothing. The day after a letter of the whole event all my medications, and conditions and how they affect me on a whole was sent to the DWP person who makes the decision, just to make sure he gets it as a felt my assessment was rushed and I could get everything out I wanted to. I've also complained to atos and wrote to the local MP. I've made the DWP aware that if i am not successful I will most definitely be appealing. Atoms say they don't make the decision yet there report has a massive influence on the final decision.my assessor was as phyotheopist, yetave had to see a ortherpedic surgeon a rhemutoligist and a neurosurgeon and I've had 3 MRI as scans and as emergency op since September yet they give me a physiotheopist t asses me, well blow me away why waste NHS money when they could of sent me t c a physotheropist from start, NOT, they only have specific medical qualifications Thats why There therapists and not any of the listed consultant s in this statement
    Originally posted by maxiu
    Hi maxiu

Thanks for your post. Contacting us directly, which you say youíve done, is the best way for the various concerns you have about your assessment to be looked into. You should have received an acknowledgement within the first couple of days (if you havenít try checking back with us using the address in my profile), and you will get a full response within the next few weeks.

To address your main concerns in general terms. The physiotherapist that did the assessment is doing a different job to the surgeons and consultants you see. Whilst they are trying to diagnose and treat your conditions, our HCPs are using what you and your surgeons say to identify what you can and canít do in terms of the ESA criteria. Regarding recording your assessment, we can record assessments, but this needs to be requested in advance. Apologies if this wasnít clear. If you were advised differently by us that will be looked into as part of your complaint.
    • Morglin
    • By Morglin 11th Feb 14, 1:46 PM
    • 14,668 Posts
    • 26,982 Thanks
    Morglin
    Originally posted by maxiu

If you look at another thread on here, posted by The House of Commons rep today, there is yet another enquiry starting into ATOS performance, and the DWP concerns about it, and the committee is looking for contributions, from claimants, to it.

Might be worth sending them details of your experience.

Lin
    You can tell a lot about a woman by her hands..........for instance, if they are placed around your throat, she's probably slightly upset.
  • ChangeThisCountry
    change.org/en-GB/petitions/jean-christophe-gray-make-audio-recording-of-atos-healthcare-disability-assessments-standard-procedure
    SIGN IT PLEASE!
    • Richie-from-the-Boro
    • By Richie-from-the-Boro 7th May 14, 11:09 PM
    • 6,539 Posts
    • 4,886 Thanks
    Richie-from-the-Boro
    Welcome to the forum ChangeThisCountry. You've posted a dead and redundant idea in an long dead and redundant thread my friend.
    Disclaimer : Everything I write on this forum is my opinion. I try to be an even-handed poster and accept that you at times may not agree with these opinions or how I choose to express them, this is not my problem. The Disabled : If years cannot be added to their lives, at least life can be added to their years - Alf Morris - ℜ
    • vision2009
    • By vision2009 8th May 14, 8:53 AM
    • 147 Posts
    • 223 Thanks
    vision2009
    What has become of the ATOS healthcare representative????????
    • Morglin
    • By Morglin 8th May 14, 9:00 AM
    • 14,668 Posts
    • 26,982 Thanks
    Morglin
    As in life, with ESA assessments, they appear to have had it on their toes and gone away......

Lin
    You can tell a lot about a woman by her hands..........for instance, if they are placed around your throat, she's probably slightly upset.
    • vision2009
    • By vision2009 8th May 14, 10:18 AM
    • 147 Posts
    • 223 Thanks
    vision2009
    Maybe on the sick !!!!!!
    Goodbye and good riddance
  • isolation
    I miss the ATOS rep(s). At least they were good for entertainment value.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

158Posts Today

2,228Users online

Martin's Twitter