Single Holiday requests please

Hi,
I would like to take a holiday abroad for at least 7 days.
I am a single person and I appreciate the vast majority of holidays are geared for couples and families. Hotel charges can be high.
I wondered if Travelman can give me some suggestions as to destinations to check out plus a few tips on keeping the cost down. I am flexible on dates. I thought of Croatia as a starter. Are there any holiday co's (websites) I could look at.

Thanks in advance.

Brian

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,090 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Simply said, get yourself a Lonely Planet 'Europe on a shoestring' book and find yourself an inexpensive flight.

Can't help with destinations as you haven't written whether you are 16 or 60 and what you would like to get out of the holiday.
  • TRAVELMAN_2
    TRAVELMAN_2 Posts: 864 Forumite
    ;);)

Brian Hi!

Can you let me know departure airports, 1st & last dates to go, etc ....best delas will be half-board or all-inclusuve.

Go to https://www.medhotels.com-check out Kos/crete/Rhodes/Corfu & Tunias/Turket-these will all have good deals on singles-let me know the Hotel you like & I'll tie it up with transfers/flts.

On Croatia Donnie is right-we don't really have a good source of cheap accom-book an economy flight with the low-cost airlines & then either use the web/lonely planet guide.

You'd need to arrange your own transfers on this though.

Check out the medhotels site & let me know your thoughts.

Kind regards,

Chris
  • evadne
    evadne Posts: 2 Newbie
    Chris, Hi!
    My first time. A virgin so to speak! Saw your reply to Brian & wondered ...... can u do same 4 me? Want 2 exit Birmingham ideally. Can go any time (with 3 weeks notice preferably) to anywhere (hot and not long haul). Am single too, 40 yrs old female pauper who likes quiet places, sun-bathing, sight-seeing, quiet pubs/ bars but no lager-louts/ 18-30's etc. Would appreciate any assistance...... Mucho Gracias ::) :D
  • saveapenny
    saveapenny Posts: 6,773 Forumite
    You could try the mytravel auction site.
    They have a section for singles on there with some really good deals.
    There are 6 on at the moment.

20-Jul-04 Turkey/Sundeal 1 7 Cardiff 3 SC £109

20-Jul-04 Rimini/Sundeal 1 7 London Gatwick 3 HB £129

21-Jul-04 Rhodes/Sundeal 1 7 Birmingham 2 SC £109

26-Jul-04 Gran Canaria/Sundeal 1 7 London Gatwick 3 SC £129

25-Jul-04 Cyprus/Sundeal 1 7 Leeds Bradford 2 SC £129

21-Jul-04 Cyprus/Sundeal 1 7 London Gatwick 2 SC £129

All these finish in the next few day.

Penny
    If you look anything like your passport photo....Your too ill to travel
  • r.mac_2
    r.mac_2 Posts: 4,746 Forumite
    I am currently in teh same position - single and wanting to holiday. I am not a sit on the beach all week kinda gal so didn't know what to do. :-[

By searching on the internet I found a whole load of companies that do holidays to exotic places/exciting itineries/unusual activities. They are made up of singles, couples or friends travelling together and occassionally families. This means there are people to share your holiday experience with (and because they are not rigid itineries, should you need time out - you can have as much as you want).

I ended up going to Thailand, Malysia and Singapore for 7 weeks, finishing off in Hong Kong to stay with a friend.

Although at first glance they look a little pricey, all your activities and lots of food and transport is included - it would have cost almost double to do it by myself. :o

Anyway I used Kumuka - google for their website, and friends have also used explore. I really recommend it. :)

Feel free to instant message me for more info.

Good luck
    Rx
    aless02 wrote: »
    r.mac, you are so wise and wonderful, that post was lovely and so insightful!
    I can't promise that all my replies will illicit this response :p
  • System
    System Posts: 178,090 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I must admit I've been on a Club Med holiday which I loved!

People tend to confuse it with Club 18-30 and it is very different.

It's an all-inclusive with sports. You can choose the level of facilities and whether it's kids facilities or adults only.

The best thing is at lunch and dinner there's tables of ten and you all sit together. The majority of people are french at the european ones. The conversation is good - lots of professional people. I go because in my job i suddenly find i can take a week off - with a few days notice - and i have no one to go with.

Worth looking at https://www.clubmed.co.uk

(no link to company just a bit of a fan)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure