Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 25th Jan 18, 5:58 PM
    • 4,197Posts
    • 7,525Thanks
    Smodlet
    Prolific Academic Survey Alerts
    • 25th Jan 18, 5:58 PM
    Prolific Academic Survey Alerts 25th Jan 18 at 5:58 PM
    Here we go again.
    What is this life if, sweet wordsmith, we have no time to take the pith?
    Every stew starts with the first onion.
    I took it upon myself to investigate a trifle; it had custard, jelly, soggy sponge things...
Page 149
    • olliebean
    • By olliebean 14th Mar 19, 10:10 PM
    • 91 Posts
    • 58 Thanks
    olliebean
    I've done about 4 of those Oxford food packaging ones now. More annoyingly, I keep getting ones about iPhones that I have to turn down because you have to do them on an iPhone and I don't have one.

• Cefca
    • By Cefca 14th Mar 19, 10:34 PM
    • 25 Posts
    • 132 Thanks
    Cefca
    Personality, attitudes, and the estimation of other peopleís movie preferences

Did anyone get the above study and see the video with the lass talking about how she stole a fiver from a blind person because blind people are basically scroungers? Jesus...
    • elsien
    • By elsien 14th Mar 19, 11:54 PM
    • 18,548 Posts
    • 47,093 Thanks
    elsien
    Oxford Packaging Research Project: Perceptions of Food, Round 4 (2B400)
    Hosted by psy.ox.ac.uk
    £1.5015 minutes £6.00/hr 4455 places remaining
    Originally posted by Topiary
    Not bad money for the time but I did somewhat lose the will to live after the first two packaging designs.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
    • kiwi07
    • By kiwi07 15th Mar 19, 1:17 AM
    • 1,635 Posts
    • 1,118 Thanks
    kiwi07
    Apparently there is a problem of accessing the surveys if you have a talktalk as a provider. I had to return my last 4 surveys because talktalk is blocking the surveys. Had anyone else is affected?
    • warby68
    • By warby68 15th Mar 19, 5:46 AM
    • 1,086 Posts
    • 10,129 Thanks
    warby68
    Apparently there is a problem of accessing the surveys if you have a talktalk as a provider. I had to return my last 4 surveys because talktalk is blocking the surveys. Had anyone else is affected?
    Originally posted by kiwi07
    Yes, same here.

Hopefully it will get fixed soon although the email from Prolific wasn't overly optimistic was it?
    • so very confused
    • By so very confused 15th Mar 19, 10:19 AM
    • 960 Posts
    • 3,072 Thanks
    so very confused
    I was wondering why this was happening. Talktalk again.......I must change provider.
    SCP # 034
    The £1000 emergency fund #59
    • kiwi07
    • By kiwi07 15th Mar 19, 11:49 AM
    • 1,635 Posts
    • 1,118 Thanks
    kiwi07
    Yes, same here.

Hopefully it will get fixed soon although the email from Prolific wasn't overly optimistic was it?
    Originally posted by warby68
    I did email them back. They replied they are working to resolve the issue and have also advised me to contact talktalk as well.

Have you spoken to talktalk?
    • Willing2Learn
    • By Willing2Learn 15th Mar 19, 11:57 AM
    • 2,539 Posts
    • 2,086 Thanks
    Willing2Learn
    Are all you TalkTalk customers using the 'workaround' described yesterday? (Under the Homesafe thingy on my TalkTalk account, turn off Scam Protection)
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

• Mirů
    • By Mirů 15th Mar 19, 12:59 PM
    • 5,886 Posts
    • 25,538 Thanks
    Mirů
    Are all you TalkTalk customers using the 'workaround' described yesterday? (Under the Homesafe thingy on my TalkTalk account, turn off Scam Protection)
    Originally posted by Willing2Learn
    I've been running my TalkTalk broadband for 2 days now with Scam Protection turned off and haven't experienced any obvious scam type occurrences. Prolific is back to working as normal for me. Do at your own risk tho!

(Lots of posts on the TalkTalk Community forum about the efficacy of Homesafe and it's various options including Scam Protection)
    Last edited by Mirů; 15-03-2019 at 1:06 PM.
    Remember how far you have come not how far you have to go
    • Mirů
    • By Mirů 15th Mar 19, 1:04 PM
    • 5,886 Posts
    • 25,538 Thanks
    Mirů
    I did email them back. They replied they are working to resolve the issue and have also advised me to contact talktalk as well.

Have you spoken to talktalk?
    I contacted TalkTalk on Live Chat 3 days ago and they decided they couldn't help and I needed to phone their help line. Didn't get any joy from phoning the help line as the conversation just kept going round in circles til I gave up.
    • kiwi07
    • By kiwi07 15th Mar 19, 1:48 PM
    • 1,635 Posts
    • 1,118 Thanks
    kiwi07
    I contacted TalkTalk on Live Chat 3 days ago and they decided they couldn't help and I needed to phone their help line. Didn't get any joy from phoning the help line as the conversation just kept going round in circles til I gave up.
    Originally posted by Mir!

Exactly the same story here, their chat service could not help and advised to ring their CS.

Checked that my scam protection is on but when I wanted to turn it off, said I had to ring their CS. Did you manage to turn it off yourself?
    Last edited by kiwi07; 15-03-2019 at 2:00 PM.
    • Mirů
    • By Mirů 15th Mar 19, 2:51 PM
    • 5,886 Posts
    • 25,538 Thanks
    Mirů
    Exactly the same story here, their chat service could not help and advised to ring their CS.

Checked that my scam protection is on but when I wanted to turn it off, said I had to ring their CS. Did you manage to turn it off yourself?
    Yea I was able to do it easily......????

TalkTalk site
    My Account
    My Services
    View Homesafe Services
    Scam Protection (toggle on or off) (2nd Option down out of 4, under the KidsSafe thingy)

Hope this helps
    • Willing2Learn
    • By Willing2Learn 15th Mar 19, 6:21 PM
    • 2,539 Posts
    • 2,086 Thanks
    Willing2Learn
    Your perception of age (F)
    Hosted by Jonathan Millward
    £0.425 minutes £5.04/hr 91 places remaining
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

• kiwi07
    • By kiwi07 15th Mar 19, 9:38 PM
    • 1,635 Posts
    • 1,118 Thanks
    kiwi07
    Yea I was able to do it easily......????

TalkTalk site
    My Account
    My Services
    View Homesafe Services
    Scam Protection (toggle on or off) (2nd Option down out of 4, under the KidsSafe thingy)

Hope this helps
    I has a Virus Alerts as on so turned it off. May be this? it was 3rd option out of 4. But My Scam Protection is still on. When I press to change to Off it comes up as I have to contact their CS.
    Last edited by kiwi07; 15-03-2019 at 9:47 PM.
    • Mirů
    • By Mirů 15th Mar 19, 10:39 PM
    • 5,886 Posts
    • 25,538 Thanks
    Mirů
    I has a Virus Alerts as on so turned it off. May be this? it was 3rd option out of 4. But My Scam Protection is still on. When I press to change to Off it comes up as I have to contact their CS.
    How very strange!!

My HomeSafe page shows:-

Kids Safe OFF
    Scam protection OFF
    Homework Time OFF
    Virus Alerts OFF

Before the Prolific problem started the only one that I had switched ON was the Scam Protection and I was able to switch it to OFF with no problems.

Gawd.....bliddy TalkTalk

Here's what TT say on their help pages about switching off parts of Homesafe:-

"To keep you safe online we strongly recommend you keep Homesafe switched on, however, should you need to switch it off for any reason, follow the steps below.

Select View HomeSafe settings from the My services drop down menu bar
    Here it will show you what is currently turned on/off.
    Choose your area’s to switch off next to any of the three options. For Kids Safe, you'll see a prompt asking if you're sure you want to switch it off. Simply click the blue button (Turn Kidsafe OFF) to confirm, and allow a few minutes for your changes to take effect."
    Last edited by Mirů; 15-03-2019 at 10:50 PM.
    • kiwi07
    • By kiwi07 15th Mar 19, 10:44 PM
    • 1,635 Posts
    • 1,118 Thanks
    kiwi07
    How very strange!!

My HomeSafe page shows:-

Kids Safe OFF
    Scam protection OFF
    Homework Time OFF
    Virus Alerts OFF

Before the Prolific problem started the only one that I had switched ON was the Scam Protection and I was able to switch it to OFF with no problems.

Gawd.....bliddy TalkTalk
    I will see if turning Virus Alerts to off has made any difference. if not, then I will have no choice as to ring their CS.
    • kiwi07
    • By kiwi07 16th Mar 19, 12:06 AM
    • 1,635 Posts
    • 1,118 Thanks
    kiwi07
    Just received a new survey invite and experiencing the same problem again. Will have to contact talktalk. Very annoying to say at least!
    • Topiary
    • By Topiary 16th Mar 19, 5:37 AM
    • 41 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    Topiary
    How do groups respond to being harmed?
    Hosted by Masi Noor
    £1.00 12 minutes £5.00/hr 389 places remaining

In this study we are interested in investigating individuals' views and impressions about how a group reacts to when their members have been harmed (e.g., mass shooting in NZ ).
    Last edited by Topiary; 16-03-2019 at 5:51 AM.
    • Willing2Learn
    • By Willing2Learn 16th Mar 19, 7:58 AM
    • 2,539 Posts
    • 2,086 Thanks
    Willing2Learn
    Energy Perceptions 11
    Hosted by Gareth Powells
    £5.00 15 minutes £20.00/hr 45 places remaining

I love my job

• libra10
    • By libra10 16th Mar 19, 8:21 AM
    • 11,381 Posts
    • 250,271 Thanks
    libra10
    Does anyone have the code for the energy perceptions study please? I missed adding it when study completed.
    Thank you
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,636Posts Today

8,371Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • No its completely wrong. Your contract is with the shop that you bought it off. The staff at o2 should be better? https://t.co/GXVXHvPkZv

• PLS SHARE - WARNING DO NOT USE VIAGOGO. A group of MPs have today echo'd my own warning about the secondary tick? https://t.co/ZUvKRq3MeS

• RT @MartinSLewis: I've had a few messages from people concerned that they've bought tickets from Viagogo and they heard my cautionary warni?

• Follow Martin