Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fredsnail
    • By fredsnail 15th Jul 15, 9:56 PM
    • 1,755Posts
    • 4,053Thanks
    fredsnail
    0 WOW
    Lose Weight 37
    • 15th Jul 15, 9:56 PM
    0 WOW
    Lose Weight 37 15th Jul 15 at 9:56 PM
    Welcome to our new thread

It's Summer time so it's time to shift the lbs and get the figure you've always wanted

Welcome to the place where we encourage you not to save 's but to lose Lb's instead

So you wanna lose weight? Whether you want to lose a few pounds or several stone - you've come to the right place! Need a chat, a shoulder, encouragement and advice perhaps or even some downright silliness (even late at night or early in the morning)??

Pull up a chair and join in the chat, whatever plan you're following to lose weight, be it SW, WW, RC, or just plain old reducing what you eat and increasing the exercise, there'll be someone here that can help and advise, or offer moral support. The more you join in the chat more support you will get from the thread.

There are plenty of regulars here who follow all types of plan and will be willing and able to help you out or at least point you in the right direction.

During the course of the week, feel free to post your weekly loss, gain or no change, and see your results in a chart that's updated every Wednesday evening. To help me quickly spot the losses late at night, please post the loss as BOLD and Colourful as possible (Its helps those of us with bad eyes )

The chart is currently maintained by me, so if you can post your result before 10pm on a Wednesday you will be included on the chart.

Also you can take part in the 5lb monthly challenge - This is a fun mini motivational monthly challenge, in which the goal of losing 2lb per week, is spread out to 5lb per month. To get started so get your name down quick and post your name and start the new list. You could be Slimmer of the Week, or Slimmer of the Month!

We also currently have a monthly team challenge so if you want to join one of the teams it's never too late. This month we've a Home v Away challenge. If you want to take part send me a pm with the team you want to join and your starting weight. Then post your loss (or gain) each Wednesday

Sometimes we also have a monthly exercise challenge this month we're climbing the equivalent of the Blackpool Tower twice a week. We try to make these challenges suitable for all levels of fitness to encourage as many people to take part.

A few abbreviations:
    STS ~ Stay The Same (No change in weight)
    SOTW ~ Slimmer Of The Week
    SOTM ~ Slimmer Of The Month

We have plenty of recipes to help you in the recipes thread (link below) and there are links to useful websites below.
    There are some friendly peoples 'Before and After' Pics on Lose Weight 19 and 20

So come and join us, we're a friendly bunch! There are even one or two gentlemen hiding amongst us! You might even enjoy it
Page 48
    • x_raphael_xx
    • By x_raphael_xx 13th Feb 19, 6:35 PM
    • 3,705 Posts
    • 19,509 Thanks
    x_raphael_xx
    Gain of 2.2lbs
    Lots of bad food last couple of days. Excercise has stayed roughly the same.
    Debt Free as of 17/01/2009 Turtle Power!!
    May NSD's - 0/30 / EF Challenger #3 503.11/5000
    • fredsnail
    • By fredsnail 13th Feb 19, 10:10 PM
    • 1,755 Posts
    • 4,053 Thanks
    fredsnail
    Here's this week's chart:

No
    SoTW this week - keep going everyone

Here's this weeks chart for the exercise challenge:

This weeks quote is by Anon

"Never let the things you want make you forget the things you have."
    • dannie
    • By dannie 20th Feb 19, 6:39 PM
    • 1,876 Posts
    • 4,417 Thanks
    dannie
    STS since last Wednesday. Very similar diet to the week before. Didn't get back into a routine with the indoor weights and was not as interested in the outdoor biking. However, indoor cycling has been everyday and am generally more content to do "light" gardening jobs.

Good luck.

Thanks fredsnail.
    • fredsnail
    • By fredsnail 20th Feb 19, 9:02 PM
    • 1,755 Posts
    • 4,053 Thanks
    fredsnail

No SoTW this week - keep going everyone

"Surround yourself only with people who are going to lift you higher."
    • x_raphael_xx
    • By x_raphael_xx 21st Feb 19, 7:40 PM
    • 3,705 Posts
    • 19,509 Thanks
    x_raphael_xx
    Odd?! I did post yesterday, but it seems to have disappeared! It was a STS, so no harm done I guess
    • dannie
    • By dannie 27th Feb 19, 3:48 PM
    • 1,876 Posts
    • 4,417 Thanks
    dannie
    Things very much the same as the week before although + 2lbs. Ate "too much" today so not a "good start" to the week.

Thanks fredsnail.
    Last edited by dannie; 27-02-2019 at 3:50 PM.
    • x_raphael_xx
    • By x_raphael_xx 27th Feb 19, 6:11 PM
    • 3,705 Posts
    • 19,509 Thanks
    x_raphael_xx
    6.6lb gain this week!!
    I did have a chinese takeaway last night, so hopefully most of the gain is food still digesting in my stomach.
    Ah well, onto this week
    • fredsnail
    • By fredsnail 27th Feb 19, 9:09 PM
    • 1,755 Posts
    • 4,053 Thanks
    fredsnail

No SoTW or SoTM this time - it's been a bad month for everyone - keep going the only way is forward

Next months exercise challenge will be to exercise for 8hrs 45 mins (to see the cricket in the West Indies).

"You are not what has happened to you. You are what you choose to become."
    • dannie
    • By dannie 4th Mar 19, 10:16 AM
    • 1,876 Posts
    • 4,417 Thanks
    dannie
    February 2019 outdoor bike miles total were nearly 23 miles; a lot less than the month before. Weight increased also.

P.S. Thanks for the charts etc. last month.
    • dannie
    • By dannie 6th Mar 19, 3:18 PM
    • 1,876 Posts
    • 4,417 Thanks
    dannie
    - 2lbs since last Wednesday which was unexpected. My diet was harder to manage along with some loss of interest to exercise. However, still did "bits" of the usual various exercise activities, except the indoor weights again! Good luck.

Thanks fredsnail.
    • x_raphael_xx
    • By x_raphael_xx 6th Mar 19, 6:02 PM
    • 3,705 Posts
    • 19,509 Thanks
    x_raphael_xx
    8 lbs loss this week so I definately think I was still full of takeaway when I weighed last week!
    • fredsnail
    • By fredsnail 6th Mar 19, 10:07 PM
    • 1,755 Posts
    • 4,053 Thanks
    fredsnail

Congrats to x_raphael_xx our SoTW this week - well done everyone

"If you figured it all out today, what would be the point of tomorrow? ENJOY the process of being a work in progress."
    • dannie
    • By dannie 13th Mar 19, 1:50 PM
    • 1,876 Posts
    • 4,417 Thanks
    dannie
    STS since last Wednesday. Did a bit better with diet and more various exercise activities, including the indoor weights. Bad weather at the moment has halted outdoor cycling and garden tasks.

Thanks fredsnail.
    • fredsnail
    • By fredsnail 14th Mar 19, 10:00 PM
    • 1,755 Posts
    • 4,053 Thanks
    fredsnail
    Sorry the chart is late - unfortunately I couldn't get online last night.

Congrats to Me our SoTW this week - well done everyone

"A life spent making mistakes is more honorable than a life spent doing nothing."
    • x_raphael_xx
    • By x_raphael_xx 20th Mar 19, 5:42 PM
    • 3,705 Posts
    • 19,509 Thanks
    x_raphael_xx
    Hi guys, completely forgot to weigh in last week. Granma was taken to the hospital last monday so I was back and forth each night. I was shattered and run down, ended up sick at the end of the week. Missed a 10k race I signed up for too.

Granma is back home again now, thankfully.

Anyhoo....Gain of 3.6lbs over the two weeks (stress and comfort eating)
    • dannie
    • By dannie 20th Mar 19, 6:47 PM
    • 1,876 Posts
    • 4,417 Thanks
    dannie
    Didn't weigh myself as did a bit worse than the week before with diet and exercise. Think my weight is still going up? The last two days outdoor exercise (bicycle) has been better; probably because the weather has improved.

Hope both your health improves x_raphael_xx.

Thanks fredsnail.
    • fredsnail
    • By fredsnail 20th Mar 19, 9:28 PM
    • 1,755 Posts
    • 4,053 Thanks
    fredsnail

No SoTW this week - keep going everyone

"Remind yourself that you don't have to do what everyone else is doing."
    • fredsnail
    • By fredsnail 20th Mar 19, 9:33 PM
    • 1,755 Posts
    • 4,053 Thanks
    fredsnail
    x_raphael_xx - I hope that Granma continues to make a good recovery - and that you have a very speedy recovery - it's hard when loved ones are in hospital and it's very easy not to take care of yourself because you are caring for others. Be kind to yourself too.

Dannie - everyone's weight fluctuates due to differing reasons - it's ok - we're all here for the long haul rather than a crash diet and quick sprint. Hopefully with the better weather coming you'll be able to get out more on the bike and that will help things too.
    • x_raphael_xx
    • By x_raphael_xx 27th Mar 19, 6:19 AM
    • 3,705 Posts
    • 19,509 Thanks
    x_raphael_xx
    Morning all.
    STS for me this week.

Thank you Fred, I have recovered, and Granma is now back home. Still not 100% but getting better.
    • dannie
    • By dannie 27th Mar 19, 5:55 PM
    • 1,876 Posts
    • 4,417 Thanks
    dannie
    deleted post.
    Last edited by dannie; 28-03-2019 at 4:59 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

115Posts Today

1,472Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Mini MSE is on half term next week, so I'm excited to be taking the week off to be daddy. As normal I'm signing of? https://t.co/G3366shWh1

• I once blurted out on @gmb "Theresa May hasn't been given a poisoned chalice - she's been given a poisoned chalice? https://t.co/onfRbY3XVg

• It'd be fascinating to know how history will judge Theresa May's premiership. Currently, it is hard to see it as a? https://t.co/eH77G0O9LA

• Follow Martin