Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • gironawatch
    • By gironawatch 14th Mar 19, 5:12 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    gironawatch
    the-saleroom auction houses let compnay to sdale fake rolex
    • 14th Mar 19, 5:12 PM
    the-saleroom auction houses let compnay to sdale fake rolex 14th Mar 19 at 5:12 PM
    the online platform THE-SALEROOM let COMPNAY TO REGISTER AND SALE FAKE ROLEX PART ON THE WEB, you buy from them and you dont get any help, report was done and they found fake parts on the rolex and was imposoble to get my money back, the saleroom did not help

the company selling those rolex is
    Clowes Nash Auctions Ltd well know at CNA-LTD THE GOT DIFFERENT NAME TO CARRION WITH THE cam

sale fake Rolex and parts on the web, you need to pay for the lots and after imposable to get any money back, i did lost about 3000 and the-saleroom dont help me with nothing
Page 1
    • dj1471
    • By dj1471 14th Mar 19, 6:50 PM
    • 1,513 Posts
    • 1,064 Thanks
    dj1471
    • 14th Mar 19, 6:50 PM
    • 14th Mar 19, 6:50 PM
    If it was an auction then you didn't buy it from them, you bought it from whoever the seller was and it's them you need to pursue.

Sounds like it may have been repaired with third party parts rather than being fake? Was it advertised as being 100% original parts?
    • RFW
    • By RFW 14th Mar 19, 7:47 PM
    • 8,891 Posts
    • 5,128 Thanks
    RFW
    • 14th Mar 19, 7:47 PM
    • 14th Mar 19, 7:47 PM
    If it was an auction then you didn't buy it from them, you bought it from whoever the seller was and it's them you need to pursue.
    Originally posted by dj1471
    I can't quite unravel all the OP has written. Even if the salerooms aren't the vendor they have a responsibility to describe the goods they sell correctly.

I'd suggest the OP contacts Trading Standards via his local council.
    Last edited by RFW; 14-03-2019 at 7:49 PM.
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 14th Mar 19, 10:49 PM
    • 28,731 Posts
    • 11,747 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    • 14th Mar 19, 10:49 PM
    • 14th Mar 19, 10:49 PM
    So its a genuine Rolex but with aftermarket parts?

Did the description say none of the internal parts have been replaced with non original parts?

2 companies listed appear to be different companies, so which one did you deal with?
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
    • hollydays
    • By hollydays 15th Mar 19, 8:36 AM
    • 16,980 Posts
    • 13,114 Thanks
    hollydays
    • 15th Mar 19, 8:36 AM
    • 15th Mar 19, 8:36 AM
    Don't most auction houses allow for you to request more detailed information if requested?
    Buyer beware.
    • RFW
    • By RFW 15th Mar 19, 11:52 AM
    • 8,891 Posts
    • 5,128 Thanks
    RFW
    • 15th Mar 19, 11:52 AM
    • 15th Mar 19, 11:52 AM
    Don't most auction houses allow for you to request more detailed information if requested?
    Buyer beware.
    Originally posted by hollydays
    It depends. This could have been an offline auction that had online bidding. In that case the goods would have been viewable. You can always ask.
    I've been around the auction industry for a long time and I wouldn't buy something like a Rolex from the most reputable auction house without any kind of authentication and even then I'd be ultra wary.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,636Posts Today

8,371Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • No its completely wrong. Your contract is with the shop that you bought it off. The staff at o2 should be better? https://t.co/GXVXHvPkZv

• PLS SHARE - WARNING DO NOT USE VIAGOGO. A group of MPs have today echo'd my own warning about the secondary tick? https://t.co/ZUvKRq3MeS

• RT @MartinSLewis: I've had a few messages from people concerned that they've bought tickets from Viagogo and they heard my cautionary warni?

• Follow Martin