Cost of a swim at your pool?

2»

Comments

• smithers1981
    smithers1981 Posts: 824 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Swim in any lake/river/canal or the sea for free!
  • halogen
    halogen Posts: 426 Forumite
    Mine is £3 per swim as I get a GP prescription exercise discount. Too expensive to go more than once a week. Also they closed the disabled changing room so I had to start getting changed in the toilets. Plus there's no where to get my contacts out and in again (need them to drive to the pool).
  • fannyanna
    fannyanna Posts: 2,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    My local council run pool is about the same price.

I pay a £30 monthly swim only membership at a local hotel. It's smaller but generally quite quiet and convenient to attend. They even give you a towel to use. I normally go swimming three times a week so the cost per session is very reasonable and half the price I would spend going to the local pool. Although in fairness, they do also have a swim only membership that is priced about the same.
  • I paid £9 concession to become a member then £2.90 per session. Pool is 1930's art deco, good condition - lockers and showers excellent, can use the Turkish baths, sauna, steam room for £4:20 too. Look up TRILOGY in Northampton, its a community interest company or similar...
  • Murphybear
    Murphybear Posts: 7,267 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    We are fortunate to have 2 private schools in our town that have excellent facilities which are open to the public. A PAYG swim for seniors at one of them is £3.60 or £22.60 per month for unlimited swimming and pool activities (eg aquaerobics)
  • mersey
    mersey Posts: 1,296 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Liverpool,council lifestyles swimming pools,any council pool age over 60, unlimited swims £13 a month.Cheaper if you pay upfront for the year.
  • Danipat
    Danipat Posts: 57 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    For 3 of us in the local pool its about £12 but we prefer to use a hotel pool, we can use the gym, pool, sauna, jacuzzi etc for £20 so we prefer that option. Its quieter and cleaner than the local pool
  • Franz123
    Franz123 Posts: 10 Forumite
    £20 a year joining fee then £3 per swim/ day.
  • ouraggie
    ouraggie Posts: 291 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    I pay £3.40 at my local council pool but I am able to go off-peak, which is 9-5pm. Otherwise it's £4.50.
    I go as early as possible. Then the changing room is drier and cleaner, the main pool is practically empty and because they use one lane of the main pool for school swimming lessons the water is warmer in the morning! I then often meet my other half after his tennis session for a Wetherspoons lunch. Oh, the joy of being retired!
    We also shower at the pool on swimming/tennis days, saving money on the water meter!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure