Sun Holiday Codes January 2018

essex_boy
essex_boy Posts: 2,213 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
Starting in the Sun Newspaper on Saturday January 6th
With Sun Savers, join and collect 9 Sun Saver codes from January 6th till Sunday January 14th consecutively to enable booking on the Sunday 14th January.
With codewords to book online collect 10 token codewords printed in the Sun from Saturday 6th January to enable booking from Monday 15th January.
Or by post collect 10 tokens from the Sun and send off with the booking form,etc

If you've booked a Sun Holiday within the last 2 years watch out for your email/ and /or Postbox for a VIP Sun Savers code.
It should arrive in the first week of January.

You'll need that to get priority access as it would count as one of the 9 Sun Saver codes you need.
That means using your VIP Sun Saver code you'll be able to book your Holiday on Saturday 13th January.

That's one day before normal Sun Savers and 2 days before the main booking office is open.

Dates are as follows

February Half Term from £9.50
4 nights
February 5,12,19,26

3 nights
February 2,9,16,23

Holidays from £9.50
4 nights
March 5,12,19,26
April 16,23,30
May 7,14,21
September 3,10,17,24
October 1,8,15,29
November 5,12,19,26

3 nights
March 2,9,16,23
April 13,20,27
May 4,11,18
September 7,14,21,28
October 5,12,19,26
November 2,9,16,23,30

Holidays from £15
4 nights
April 2,9
May 28
June 4,11,18,25
July 2,9,16
August 27
October 22

3 nights
March 30
April 6
May 25
June 1,8,15,22,29
July 6,13,20
August 24, 31

I'll edit all codewords needed to book online into the first post here for easy access.

Saturday 6th January.. EASY
Sunday 7th January.... BATH
Monday 8th January ... LAKE
Tuesday 9th January ... STAY
Wednesday 10th January .. PINK
Thursday 11th January ..... COST
Friday 12th January .......... ECHO
Saturday 13th January ...... BOND
Sunday 14th January ........ CAPE
Monday 15th January ........ HERE

Sun Savers log into your account to book
The code word booking office for others is here
https://club950.co.uk/

Comments

• essex_boy
    Latest update.

If you've booked a Sun Holiday within the last 2 years watch out for your email/ and /or Postbox for a VIP Sun Savers code.
    It should arrive in the first week of January.

You'll need that to get priority access as it would count as one of the 9 Sun Saver codes you need.
    That means using your VIP Sun Saver code you'll be able to book your Holiday on Saturday 13th January.

That's one day before normal Sun Savers and 2 days before the main booking office is open.
    I'll update the first post in this thread to give the information.
  • Legette
    Legette Posts: 60 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary

Hi Essexboy
    Merry Christmas!

I’ve searched the sun holidays website and cannot see what dates are available. Am I missing something? Our school summe holidays seem to fall a week before everyone else’s so hoping to squeeze into Butlins via The Sun
  • essex_boy
    Legette wrote: »

Hi Essexboy
    Merry Christmas!

I’ve searched the sun holidays website and cannot see what dates are available. Am I missing something? Our school summe holidays seem to fall a week before everyone else’s so hoping to squeeze into Butlins via The Sun

Hi,hope you're having a great Christmas.
    Annoyingly the Sun have yet to release either the dates or the added extras costs.
    Soon as they release the dates I'll post them on this thread.
  • Legette
    Legette Posts: 60 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Thanks EssexBoy. I thought I had missed the obvious! I’ll keep an eye out too
  • I've got the SunSavers app now, but not done it this way before. From what I can understand each code is unique, so I'll need to get the paper every day from 6th January. Is that correct?

Also, my target date would be 6 April. Could I have booked that in the September promotion, so I am already a bit late?
  • essex_boy
    mikeeboy wrote: »
    I've got the SunSavers app now, but not done it this way before. From what I can understand each code is unique, so I'll need to get the paper every day from 6th January. Is that correct?

Also, my target date would be 6 April. Could I have booked that in the September promotion, so I am already a bit late?

You would need to buy the paper everyday from 6th January till 14th January inclusive and enter the Sun Saver codes( not the codewords)
    Easiest way is to scan the code with your phone.

If you receive a Sun Saver VIP code you would only need to buy the paper till the 13th inclusive.

6th April wasn't in the last promotion, so I expect it to be in this one.
  • Nicki778
    Nicki778 Posts: 13 Forumite
    Hi Essex boy, how do the sun saver codes work? I've always used the codewords previously. Does every newspaper have a different code in and does this mean we can't sit up waiting for the code from someone in the early hours and we all have to go and get a physical newspaper before we can make the booking? Can the codes not be shared?
    Thanks
  • essex_boy
    Nicki778 wrote: »
    Hi Essex boy, how do the sun saver codes work? I've always used the codewords previously. Does every newspaper have a different code in and does this mean we can't sit up waiting for the code from someone in the early hours and we all have to go and get a physical newspaper before we can make the booking? Can the codes not be shared?
    Thanks
    Hi, Welcome to MSE
    If you wish to book early then Sun Savers is the only way to do that via the Sun Promotion
    That would mean joining Sun Savers, buying the paper and entering /scanning the codes into your Sun Savers account.
    Sun Savers are unique codes for each paper and can't be shared.

You can still book on Monday 15th January using the codewords I provide, no need to buy the paper using that route.
    We don't stay up anymore, but I normally post the last codeword around 7am after I get the Newspaper.

Could be worth checking the Daily Mail thread.
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5765777
    Booking for that opens tonight and all codewords needed will be provided.
    I'm sure they'll be a few of us up at Midnight trying to guess the last codeword.
  • donna1979
    donna1979 Posts: 113 Forumite
    essex_boy wrote: »
    You can still book on Monday 15th January using the codewords I provide, no need to buy the paper using that route.
    We don't stay up anymore, but I normally post the last codeword around 7am after I get the Newspaper.

Hi Essex boy - we didn't book one this last few times - why do you not stay up anymore? Does the new app thing severely limit what is available? Our last one was to France and was brill so were hoping to go again but I work in a school so am limited to dates. We were lucky enough to get the first week of the 6 weeks hols then. I've just looked at the mail on and they don't have those dates!
  • essex_boy
    donna1979 wrote: »
    Hi Essex boy - we didn't book one this last few times - why do you not stay up anymore? Does the new app thing severely limit what is available? Our last one was to France and was brill so were hoping to go again but I work in a school so am limited to dates. We were lucky enough to get the first week of the 6 weeks hols then. I've just looked at the mail on and they don't have those dates!

When we used to stay up it was so that we could possibly be amongst the first to book.
    It was a race between the old Sun Perks booking Office and the Priority Bookers to see who could get access first.

With the new format it's no longer the case, Sun Savers VIP's get in first, then one day later Sun Savers without VIP access, then one day after that the normal booking office using Codewords.
    There's not enough benefit in staying up anymore.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure