Has anyone used Squadhelp?

I've come across a site that looks like it could be right up my street but I'm not sure if it's legit or not. The site consists of naming contests from people who are looking to start a new brand. If you join as a creative you can participate in the contests and if your name is chosen for the brand you win the prize. It can be anythng from $100 to $300. It sounds great as I'm usually quite good at thinking up names for things and people often ask me if I can suggest names for something. The drawbacks are, the site is American and they have a different take on things, so my idea of a good name may be totally different to someone else's in a different country with a different culture. The site asks you to pay a one off $10 fee to start participating as a creative. They will then offer you a couple of contests. If you get a few likes they will offer you more contests. Of course there are lots of reviews of the site but these days people are paid to write good reviews. I wondered if anyone on here has joined this site?
Don't mess with pensioners. :cool:

Comments

• mrsyardbroom
    mrsyardbroom Posts: 1,946 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    This appears to be a legitimate site. I found an unbiased review that said,
    1. Like all types of crowdsourcing companies who are online today, there is no actual guarantee that you can earn money from this company.
    2. You will need to be creative and compete with over 70,000 other members worldwide to win a contest in order to be paid.
    3. You could work for months or even years without earning a dime from the company.
    4. Unless you are chosen as the lucky winner you will be wasting your time and talents working for this company.
    5. You need to realize that this site claims they have over 70,000 registered freelancers on the site. There is no telling how many people will enter a single contest, if any of the members will even vote for your idea, or if the person who created the contest will like your ideas.

The full review can be found here if anyone's interested.
      https://9to5workonline.com/2019/04/13/squadhelp-review-2019-legit-or-scam/
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,298 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Upfront fee always rings alarm bells for me
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • Kayalana99
    Kayalana99 Posts: 3,626 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    They will then offer you a couple of contests. If you get a few likes they will offer you more contests. Of course there are lots of reviews of the site but these days people are paid to write good reviews. I wondered if anyone on here has joined this site?

I find this a bit backwards too. I mean, you've paid to join a website that offers contests for you to think up names...surely you should be given access to any contest that is given and not just 'as and when' they decide you are fit for them.

You're paying for access here...

Sounds a bit of a waste of time if you ask me but hey you never know... :o
    People don't know what they want until you show them.
  • mrsyardbroom
    mrsyardbroom Posts: 1,946 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    If I'm feeling flush I might join at some point as the idea of this appeals to me. It would be more interesting than buying a lottery ticket and I would think of it in the same light.
  • Hey, I use SquadHelp :) I've had a few high ratings on some of my entries but yet to make some money from this. It's fun but unfortunately not guaranteed. However I believe the top earner is earning around £35k a year on Squadhelp.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure