Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • FunLovinCriminal
    • By FunLovinCriminal 28th Mar 16, 3:22 PM
    • 404Posts
    • 426Thanks
    FunLovinCriminal
    Receipt Hog
    • 28th Mar 16, 3:22 PM
    Receipt Hog 28th Mar 16 at 3:22 PM
    Hi all
    Does anyone use receipt hog? Ive started to use it; and a little sceptical.
    Is it as good as they say? Or too good to be true?
    FLC
    Mortgage: 01/02/14 - 108k
    Mortgage: Current - 97k
    Mission: MF by 50
Page 2
    • DigForVictory
    • By DigForVictory 2nd May 18, 1:56 PM
    • 10,269 Posts
    • 36,117 Thanks
    DigForVictory
    They don't seem to check card numbers on the receipts either
    Originally posted by emperorstevee
    Not wanting to rain on your parade, but I think that should read "they don't seem to check card numbers on the receipts yet."

That said, if you have a "household" app then you've more wriggle room, but as soon as they start checking names & addresses of cardholders, it's going to go south.
    • alliyo
    • By alliyo 26th Jul 18, 12:44 PM
    • 234 Posts
    • 561 Thanks
    alliyo
    seems shoppix is kantar which is shopandscan so can you use both??
    • omgaechylus
    • By omgaechylus 29th Jul 18, 6:35 PM
    • 34 Posts
    • 165 Thanks
    omgaechylus
    I've been using both and they're pretty good! I scan anything receipt like (bus tickets, proof of postage, etc.) sometimes they get accepted. Best tip is to scan on the day!
    You can definitely scan the same receipt for both apps - no problems there, old receipts or badly printed ones cause problems though.
    • sarahj1986
    • By sarahj1986 2nd Sep 18, 12:18 PM
    • 1,149 Posts
    • 2,213 Thanks
    sarahj1986
    I have been using receipt hog since March and just had my first 5 pay out. It’s quick and easy to use but I will look at Shoppix as well. I do most of my shopping online but for the bits I buy in store it’s worth loading on
    • SPOWER
    • By SPOWER 4th Jun 19, 8:36 PM
    • 66 Posts
    • 29 Thanks
    SPOWER
    Receipt Hog question
    Hello, does anyone here use receipt hog?

I photo my receipts every week, I have gotten to level 11 (this is the last level of spins before they award coins) and at the end of each 4 week period on level 11, it goes back to the start of level 11.

I sent them an email through the app and they did not reply.

Has anyone experience this at all?
    • mimiduck
    • By mimiduck 5th Jun 19, 5:31 PM
    • 176 Posts
    • 75 Thanks
    mimiduck
    I used receipt hog however have found a better app - Shoppix. I find it to pay a bit better and I accrue the money faster. What I also didn't like about Receipt Hog they had sometimes surveys after the taking picture of the receipt which wasn't optional and you wouldn't get any extra points. With Shoppix there are short one minute surveys which will pay a couple points extra. Worth a try to see which one you like better.
    • Ivana B Rich
    • By Ivana B Rich 6th Jun 19, 4:49 PM
    • 412 Posts
    • 660 Thanks
    Ivana B Rich
    I used receipt hog however have found a better app - Shoppix. I find it to pay a bit better and I accrue the money faster. What I also didn't like about Receipt Hog they had sometimes surveys after the taking picture of the receipt which wasn't optional and you wouldn't get any extra points. With Shoppix there are short one minute surveys which will pay a couple points extra. Worth a try to see which one you like better.
    Originally posted by mimiduck
    I absolutely agree. Receipt Hog are getting really sneaky with this . Latest one was an attempt to record postcode and house number, so full address details really .

I've had Receipt Hog for longer than Shoppix but have reached cashout on Shoppix 3 times but not once on RH with exactly the same receipts.
    Last edited by Ivana B Rich; 14-10-2019 at 3:20 PM.
    Saving a house deposit. Member no.7 100% of target

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
    You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    • MarkN88
    • By MarkN88 7th Jun 19, 1:52 PM
    • 1,095 Posts
    • 654 Thanks
    MarkN88
    I use both of them but do find that Shoppix is quicker to earn rewards with.
    • Dirtypop
    • By Dirtypop 9th Jun 19, 12:51 PM
    • 25 Posts
    • 39 Thanks
    Dirtypop
    Ive also started using Shoppix recently as well as ReceiptHog. Its taken me a fraction of the time on Shoppix to get up to the same level as I am on Receipthog
    Love a bit of comping
    • tonycottee
    • By tonycottee 9th Jun 19, 3:21 PM
    • 1,223 Posts
    • 2,298 Thanks
    tonycottee
    I found Receipthog a complete waste of time. Shoppix is far better.
    I like HuYu, but they only accept supermarket receipts.
    Another good app is Shoprize. However, that is Android only and don't seem to be taking on more customers at the moment.
    Last edited by tonycottee; 19-06-2019 at 4:34 PM.
    • Wheres My Cashback
    • By Wheres My Cashback 12th Oct 19, 2:29 PM
    • 3,246 Posts
    • 38,212 Thanks
    Wheres My Cashback
    Receipt HOG is probably by far the worse of all the money earning receipt apps as it takes forever to accrue and their receipt recognition system is very poor, often not awarding points correctly.

It's an American app built for the US market, adapted for UK use, hence most subscribers are US and the bonus points go to them regularly.

Earnings are VERY slow even with regular use.
    • rich_shot2003
    • By rich_shot2003 12th Oct 19, 10:57 PM
    • 1,994 Posts
    • 595 Thanks
    rich_shot2003
    Apart from Receipt Hog what others are there?
    • ndf9876
    • By ndf9876 14th Oct 19, 11:02 AM
    • 274 Posts
    • 136 Thanks
    ndf9876
    @rich_shot2003 - as mentioned previously, Shoppix is far and away a much better bet that ReceiptHog. I don't mind using both, but earn 15 more per 5 wtih Shoppix as they accept almost anything.

HuYu is also pretty good, although as mentioned they accept only supermarket receipts - plus you can't get paid in cash, only vouchers. But the regular surveys that come up mean that accumulating the points is pretty quick - head over to the referral code section and use one there for a quick 50 points start if you fancy.
    • mrsyardbroom
    • By mrsyardbroom 20th Oct 19, 7:05 AM
    • 1,749 Posts
    • 2,809 Thanks
    mrsyardbroom
    Are there any sites like this for people with Windows phones?
    Don't mess with pensioners.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,455Posts Today

7,727Users online

Martin's Twitter