Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • savvystudent
    • By savvystudent 22nd Jan 13, 9:30 AM
    • 37Posts
    • 470Thanks
    savvystudent
    Qmee - making money searching the web
    • 22nd Jan 13, 9:30 AM
    Qmee - making money searching the web 22nd Jan 13 at 9:30 AM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

You might also like to read our fully researched Top Cashback Sites guide.

Back to savvystudent's original post...

Has anyone used Qmee.com? I signed up last week via an invite and so far have cashed out £4.30 to my Paypal, and everything looks legit.

The idea is that you install an app in your browser which when you search using Google, Bing, Amazon or eBay sometimes text ads will appear next to the results along with an amount you get for clicking on them. Tends to be around 7-15p depending on the search.

It's still in beta and invite-only but I know there's a few codes around. This is the one I used and still seems to be working [Removed]
    Last edited by MSE ForumTeam2; 25-02-2018 at 10:18 PM.
Page 66
    • Ivana B Rich
    • By Ivana B Rich 25th Sep 19, 4:25 PM
    • 412 Posts
    • 660 Thanks
    Ivana B Rich
    Oh absolutely, I'm lucky in that, bar a couple of slumps, I usually get at least 1 or 2 a week from them. I've had £100 from Populus this year, which I'm chuffed about.

100%. It just does my swede in doing a mind-numbingly tedious 20 minute survey for pennies. And all the survey providers that say a survey is 5 minutes that turns into 35 minutes... Get in the sea.
    Originally posted by MissPop
    You must be a very attractive demographic. I get very few from Populus but I do like the £50 when I get it.

I agree, I close down and report any survey that more than doubles the expected time. I also don't touch anything less than 2p per minute and only do the longer surveys if they pay significantly more. I screen shot towards the end so I've got evidence if I have to raise a ticket. Maybe I could earn more if I was less fussy but I accept lower earning as a consequence and my frustration levels are slightly lower, only slightly though

Amen to that. At least Prolific and Populus are in the main actually quite interesting surveys of a reasonable length.
    Originally posted by ndf9876
    Agreed. I really appreciate that the Prolific time estimates are fairly accurate.
    Saving a house deposit. Member no.7 100% of target

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
    You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    • mikep22
    • By mikep22 1st Oct 19, 2:23 PM
    • 1,176 Posts
    • 1,419 Thanks
    mikep22
    Im having a raft of video surveys about Canada this afternoon. They are a little lengthly - and one which included barbecued lobster has slightly put me off my dinner, but easy enough.
    Debt: May 15: £17335 Jul 16: £13874 Jan 17: £11,606 Dec 18: £8,308 Sept 19: £4,969
    • Mirů
    • By Mirů 8th Oct 19, 11:23 AM
    • 6,070 Posts
    • 26,543 Thanks
    Mirů
    Any other QMee users who are with TalkTalk ISP? For the last 3 weeks or so I have been unable to access any of the studies that appear on my dashboard when using my home broadband. Through a process of elimination it would seem that the problem lies with my broadband connection all of a sudden as I can access studies using other connections, (friends/buses/library etc). I haven't made any changes to my ISP account settings so I was wondering if anyone else has been experiencing a similar problem?

Such a shame as I have been averaging earning about £20 per week with QMee. It's been a dead loss trying to get any assistance from TalkTalk!!
    Remember how far you have come not how far you have to go
    • mrsyardbroom
    • By mrsyardbroom 9th Oct 19, 11:27 AM
    • 1,749 Posts
    • 2,809 Thanks
    mrsyardbroom
    I agree with this. Populus, Prolific Yougov and Pinecone are great but the volume is low. Qmee helps with volume, and the few pence here and there add up nicely over the month
    Originally posted by Ivana B Rich

I cashed out my earnings on Prolific and Qmee at the same time and then started again. To date I've earned more on Qmee by doing the odd survey here and there than I have on Prolific. I do a few different sites but some seem to take forever to get to a payout level.
    Don't mess with pensioners.
    • mrsyardbroom
    • By mrsyardbroom 20th Oct 19, 5:50 AM
    • 1,749 Posts
    • 2,809 Thanks
    mrsyardbroom
    Screened out of six surveys in a row before answering a single question. The survey lures you in with a short time scale and much higher payment but as soon as you open the screen it says, 'We're sorry.' Has anyone ever managed to do one of these surveys? Why are they on the site if you can't do them?
    Don't mess with pensioners.
    • scaredofdebt
    • By scaredofdebt 20th Oct 19, 5:45 PM
    • 1,413 Posts
    • 700 Thanks
    scaredofdebt
    Screened out of six surveys in a row before answering a single question. The survey lures you in with a short time scale and much higher payment but as soon as you open the screen it says, 'We're sorry.' Has anyone ever managed to do one of these surveys? Why are they on the site if you can't do them?
    Originally posted by mrsyardbroom

Happens to me too, but not quite to that extent.

I suspect when you click the survey, Qmee then tells them some information (ie age) and that screens your out automatically. Obivously would be better if Qmee simply didn't show you such surveys.

They do still ask questions that Qmee knows the answer to, I think they do that to check you are answering honestly though.

Still the best survey site in my experience though, I've earned about £20 in three days doing the odd survey here and there.
    Make £2018 in 2018 Challenge - Total to date £2,108
    • slade09
    • By slade09 26th Oct 19, 4:22 AM
    • 18 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    slade09
    £20 in 3 days is quite good you must be either getting the high paid ones or averaging 7-10 surveys per day.

Odd thing i was thinking was the surveys that pay £1+ and usually want higher management individuals... Wondering if those people with high positions actually use Qmee lol. Why would they??!
    • Tinman
    • By Tinman 26th Oct 19, 11:29 PM
    • 801 Posts
    • 625 Thanks
    Tinman
    £20 in 3 days is quite good you must be either getting the high paid ones or averaging 7-10 surveys per day.

Odd thing i was thinking was the surveys that pay £1+ and usually want higher management individuals... Wondering if those people with high positions actually use Qmee lol. Why would they??!
    Originally posted by slade09

Probably only people pretending to be them.
    • Tinman
    • By Tinman 31st Oct 19, 11:17 AM
    • 801 Posts
    • 625 Thanks
    Tinman
    Finally cracked the £100 in a month.
    • Tinman
    • By Tinman 31st Oct 19, 3:55 PM
    • 801 Posts
    • 625 Thanks
    Tinman
    Total earnings so far.
    £1,001.12
    Originally posted by Tinman

Just over a year later
    £2,000.06
    • scarab2019
    • By scarab2019 1st Nov 19, 5:02 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    scarab2019
    I am at £600 total, average £30 a month. Great little earner this is (on work laptop aswell as home so all good
    • Mirů
    • By Mirů 1st Nov 19, 5:54 PM
    • 6,070 Posts
    • 26,543 Thanks
    Mirů
    My strike rate has almost come to a full stop. Cannot get any surveys to open when using my home broadband now. No probs when using free wifi on the bus or at the library tho
    Remember how far you have come not how far you have to go
    • jlemaitre
    • By jlemaitre 3rd Nov 19, 4:18 PM
    • 208 Posts
    • 150 Thanks
    jlemaitre
    High five i've worked very hard for today and have just earned £1.90 for a few hours of hardcore surveying.

I thought i should try again after having some time away. Just thought i had, does anyone actually give their earnings to charity?
    • Tinman
    • By Tinman 3rd Nov 19, 9:26 PM
    • 801 Posts
    • 625 Thanks
    Tinman
    High five i've worked very hard for today and have just earned £1.90 for a few hours of hardcore surveying.

I thought i should try again after having some time away. Just thought i had, does anyone actually give their earnings to charity?
    Originally posted by jlemaitre

I do when i do a charity survey.
    • jlemaitre
    • By jlemaitre 6th Nov 19, 4:36 PM
    • 208 Posts
    • 150 Thanks
    jlemaitre
    General (15 min)

Nice short survey, didnt take long. No catch you out questions.

A proper genuine survey with a genuine salary question, None of these stupid options £20,000- £30,000 £1,000,000+

The lowest was nice and low targeting the underpaid and overworked range of people.
    • Tinman
    • By Tinman 7th Nov 19, 4:35 PM
    • 801 Posts
    • 625 Thanks
    Tinman
    samsung ue32j5100 on google
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

508Posts Today

6,872Users online

Martin's Twitter