Comments

• Re: What are they doing?

Flogging you energy and broadband "deals" would be my guess

Oh and republishing press releases as "news" or "articles"
  • Voyager2002
    Voyager2002 Posts: 15,279 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    colb15 wrote: »
    I'm looking to join plusnet from BT in the next month or so, looking for a 12 month contract and BT are quoting £41, whereas Plusnet have it available for £28. BT won't budge unfortunately so looks like I will need to move. Seems like billing issues and customer service with Plusnet is not great at the moment. Worrying for someone that's looking to move to them.

I was in exactly the same situation. Once I had left BT and signed up with Plusnet, BT offered a realistic deal. So all I had to do was cancel Plusnet within the allowed 'cooling off' period.
  • jezza2412
    jezza2412 Posts: 238 Forumite
    All Plusnet users should check their bills very carefully, especially if they've recently changed their product. Myself, and two other people I know, noticed we were all being overcharged. And it seems Plusnet will quite merrily continue overcharging unless you contact them.
  • wild666
    wild666 Posts: 2,117 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    So you haven't been invoiced, or the direct debits haven't been collected, or both?

If the direct debits haven't been collected then you still have the money and they are effectively giving you an interest free loan, so if they come back and ask for it all at once you'll be able to pay it. All you have to do is remember not to spend it in the meantime. You don't need anything more than a basic bank account for that.

Some people just check the amount in the account and not look to see if DD's and standing orders are paid. They then might decide to spend it on something for themselves or a partner.
    Someone please tell me what money is
  • jaybeetoo
    jaybeetoo Posts: 1,337 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I’m a PlusNet customer and have not experienced any problems so not everyone is impacted.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,818 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    wild666 wrote: »
    Some people just check the amount in the account and not look to see if DD's and standing orders are paid. They then might decide to spend it on something for themselves or a partner.
    They obviously need to pay more attention then.
  • farmernt
    farmernt Posts: 15 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Evening. Just wondering if anybody here is on PlusNet`s business broadband and so can tell me there VAT number, as they refuse to give it to me unless I have a business account. I farm with one phone line into house which we use for both private and for farm office. As a result I need to charge a proportion of costs to farm. in that cost is a VAT element so need to have it. Tried to google it as well as going to companies house but cant find it.

Help Please.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,818 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Plusnet plc. company registration number 02382161. VAT number: 245719348
    Registered office The Balance, 2 Pinfold Street, Sheffield, S1 2GU
  • farmernt
    farmernt Posts: 15 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Thanks molerat.

Just used the EU VIES website and that has come back as BT. I know that plusnet is owned by BT but surprised that it has the same VAT number but happy if that is correct.
  • Diana2014
    Diana2014 Posts: 50 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    I have been a Plusnet customer for several years but, since renewing in January 2019, I have never had a correct bill.

Plusnet have simultaneously charged me twice (at the contract rate and also at the highest possible rate, for a service I don't receive) and disregarded my Line Rental Saver contract to bill me again for line rental; failed to refund the overcharge for months (and then used the slowest possible method and got the amount wrong), created a fictional credit that they won't then reverse etc etc.

They flatly refuse to cancel wildly erroneous bills and issue accurate replacements, saying that that's impossible (!) and perpetuate their errors indefinitely by failing ever to issue a correct bill which puts right the previous errors.

Apparently I'm supposed to live with this perpetually !!!!!!ed-up account and put up with elementary billing errors as long as I stay with Plusnet - however many years that may be. Before ever seeing this thread, I'd told them that this is simply unacceptable - after arguing every wrong bill and financial mistake they've inflicted on me since January in attempts to get the mess corrected, which is seriously damaging my health.

Plusnet seem to be using customers as guinea-pigs for a new billing system which their own staff can't operate accurately. I've asked them to verify whether the new system has been formally approved (under the Ofcom Metering and Billing Direction) and to identify their Ofcom-appointed Approval Body, so that I can check that from the other end as well.

Plusnet have offered a silly little bit of compensation but I'd rather have accurate billing, so they have finally issued a deadlock letter to let me take this dispute to ADR. The Ombudsman service's communications division is (thanks to Brexit) the only viable means of doing so.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure