New iPhones

Comments

• jenniewb
    jenniewb Posts: 12,836
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    My first thought was "How Much?" :eek:
    Almost fifteen hundred quid!
    I would need to be using my phone one hell of a lot more than I do to pay anywhere near that for any phone.
    Will it take me to work or cook my dinner?

Even if it did, I'd still think it was too much! Maybe £500, £750 max for dinner if it was all organic, nutritious and contained weekly Chateauneuf du Pape wine and a daily taxi, but not £1500.
  • Yeah second hand is really good option to consider. You get a year old phone with price tag that is 100-200e smaller
  • john22 wrote: »
    What are you willing to spend and what features do you like in a smartphone and what do you currently have?

I think the camera quality is one of the most important parts for me. The new iphones dont seem to offer that much new stuff. Guess I could aim for iphone 8 after the price drop
  • Aaron.R wrote: »
    I think the camera quality is one of the most important parts for me. The new iphones dont seem to offer that much new stuff. Guess I could aim for iphone 8 after the price drop

If photography is important to you you could get a really decent SLR plus a couple of good lenses for much less than a new iPhone that would knock them into a cocked hat.

In fact there's multiple point & shoots that would laugh at any phone camera.
  • Yes, its true but if you are using the iPhone 8 and iPhone X then you feel that your device support the YouTube HD video if you have still doubt about this then contact iPhone Support Number for a better experience.:j

Who do we call to decipher your post? :(
  • Overpriced both new and used.

I would go for a Sony or Samsung.
  • 1+6 has decent camera with half the price tag of iphone X, something to consider maybe!
  • System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    Aaron.R wrote: »
    john22 wrote: »
    What are you willing to spend and what features do you like in a smartphone and what do you currently have?

It’s a hard one trying to quantify “camera quality” when a lot has to do with what does the user want from it. Also what kind of photographs they want to take and how much of that image do they want to edit.

The smart phones cameras get better year on year so I guess the best option for you is to think about the images you currently take. Figure out what you like about them and what would you like to improve. Would a newer model of phone help you improve or even maybe take you in a different direction of style?
  • adonis10
    adonis10 Posts: 1,810
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Overpriced but the best on the market, as usual. Not sure why there is such a furore about the prices given that Apple has always been incredibly expensive. I do think it is an absurd amount of money but their position in the market allows them to do it.

Anyway, I comment with interest as I am ready to upgrade from my iphone 6, but I cannot decide what to. I like the x and xs for the functionality and size, but the xr for the price (it does seem a little bit on the large side, though).

Has anyone upgraded from 6 to x or xs? Would you say it is worth it?
  • System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    adonis10 wrote: »
    Overpriced but the best on the market, as usual. Not sure why there is such a furore about the prices given that Apple has always been incredibly expensive. I do think it is an absurd amount of money but their position in the market allows them to do it.

Anyway, I comment with interest as I am ready to upgrade from my iphone 6, but I cannot decide what to. I like the x and xs for the functionality and size, but the xr for the price (it does seem a little bit on the large side, though).

Has anyone upgraded from 6 to x or xs? Would you say it is worth it?

I upgraded from the 6s to the X and don't regret it. I had the money so it was not issue with the price.

Going from the 6 to the 8 would still be a great upgrade and better pricing if your worried at all about cost. If your near an Apple store I would go in and play around with the Xs and compare it to the iPhone 8.

Oh if you don't mind updating your OS then make sure your on iOS 12 and see if that gives anything extra to you as you might be able to get extra life from the 6 and just pay for a rolling monthly sim until you decide what exactly you want to do.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure