Pure Planet reviews: add your feedback

Options

Comments

• PurePlanet
    PurePlanet Posts: 199 Organisation Representative
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi @Santhear

There is no way for us to know who you are from your username on this forum.
    But the good news is that you can cancel your account via our app.
    Here's a link to more info.
    And we don't charge exit fees!
    Sorry to hear that Pure Planet isn't for you. Maybe we will see you again in the future?
    Marc @ Pure Planet

Santhear wrote: »
    I've been trying to switch to Pure planet but the app is poorly sized on my phone display [can't login as the button's covered up by the keyboard] Could you cancel my application to switch please. I've been looking for other ways to do this but it seems there's no customer service available for issues like this.
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of Pure Planet. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
  • Santhear
    Options
    [FONT=&amp]So how can I talk to anyone at your companiy to sort this out? Your link states:
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]If you need to cancel your switch within the 14-day cooling-off period, head to the app menu and tap 'My Account' > 'Your details' > 'Cancel my switch'[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]which is no use if the problem is with the app in the first place.How else can I go about cancelling the switch?
    [/FONT]
  • PurePlanet
    Options
    No probs. To contact us, go to 'Help' in the app and type 'message the team' - it's not a live-chat service but they will get back to you within one working day.
    You don't have to be logged into the app to chat to them
    (But if you can't login to the app, how did you switch to us? If you have not received a welcome pack then you have not switched)

[FONT=&amp]So how can I talk to anyone at your companiy to sort this out? Your link states:
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]If you need to cancel your switch within the 14-day cooling-off period, head to the app menu and tap 'My Account' > 'Your details' > 'Cancel my switch'[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]which is no use if the problem is with the app in the first place.How else can I go about cancelling the switch?
    [/FONT]
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of Pure Planet. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
  • Dangle
    Dangle Posts: 30 Forumite
    edited 31 July 2018 at 6:13PM
    Options
    I've been trying to switch to Pure planet but the app is poorly sized on my phone display [can't login as the button's covered up by the keyboard] Could you cancel my application to switch please. I've been looking for other ways to do this but it seems there's no customer service available for issues like this.

Glad I saw this, I came across pure planet on a comparison site yesterday and was intending to switch to them tomorrow, but hadn't realised they required you to install an app.

Will be going to my second choice instead.

Might be worth trying contacting your current supplier and see if they can block the transfer?
  • TickersPlaysPop
    Options
    Hi Blue Planet

Your deal looks very attractive, however, I don't wish to have a smart meter and I don't want to use your App.

Can I join Blue Planet and not use the App and smart meter?
    With kind regards
    Peace.
  • PurePlanet
    Options
    Hi TickersPlaysPop
    Great to hear that you're interested in joing Pure Planet
    We don't currently issue smart meters. The 1st generation out there right now aren't all that smart - for instance they only work with the supplier who fits them. We're waiting for the 2nd generation which we aim to offer all our members in early 2019 (once testing is over).
    But nobody will be forced to have a smart meter. It's up to you.
    Your other question about the app. We're app-only. We appreciate it might not be for everyone but we’ve seen apps take off in other sectors, such as banking, and we think energy apps can play an important role in helping us move to a more efficient, lower carbon economy.

If we're not right for you at this time, maybe we'll welcome you in the future.
    Thanks for the interest :grin:

Marc @ Pure Planet

Hi Blue Planet

Your deal looks very attractive, however, I don't wish to have a smart meter and I don't want to use your App.

Can I join Blue Planet and not use the App and smart meter?
    With kind regards
    Verified Company
  • TickersPlaysPop
    Options
    PurePlanet wrote: »
    Hi TickersPlaysPop
    Your other question about the app. We're app-only. We appreciate it might not be for everyone but we’ve seen apps take off in other sectors, such as banking, and we think energy apps can play an important role in helping us move to a more efficient, lower carbon economy.
    :grin:
    Marc @ Pure Planet

ok, maybe I'll reformat my old phone and not link it to any of my internet profiles. It would be a dedicated 'mobile' device used only for the energy app.

That way I can guarantee keeping all my personal info away from your app? I guess you can collect a lot of valuable info from your customer's mobile devices?
    Peace.
  • Sapphire
    Sapphire Posts: 4,269 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Unfortunately, since this is only 'app' based, I won't be switching to PurePlanet. I don't want to conduct any of my financial affairs on a mobile phone.
  • capannacce
    Options
    MSE suggests there is a PurePlanet membership fee of £8.50 per fuel per month (£204 a year) in lieu of a standing charge. Why and what is a standing charge? How is it justified? Is it no more than a fee for having the meters in the house? My meters are over 15 years old ! Isn't this just an anachronistic item to screw even more out of the consumer? They all charge it. One supplier recommended to me by Uswitch wants standing charges of £275 a year.
  • Al_Ross
    Al_Ross Posts: 905 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    All suppliers charge a standing charge, that is to cover the cost of maintaing a supply to your house.

Pure Planet charge a membership fee instead,they do give a discount for dual supply and the unit rates are charged at wholesale prices.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback