Changing for good!

Comments

• pidge04 wrote: »
    Sounds like you are making really good, consistent progress!

Thank you pidge :)

I have started using Opinion Outpost as well as PA for surveys as I saw a few users talking about it and was surprised at how often they were cashing out the £2.50 minimum. I have cashed out £5 in the last few days (gone straight off CC2 today so the balance is now under £70!!) and requested another cash out just now so very happy with that site

I'm going to have a big clearout at home on Sunday as I think I have the day at home all to myself so I will have a lie in at OH's then drive home and have a big clear out. I have no reason not to, now that I have a car to be able to drop things to charity etc. OH and I will move in at some point together before the year is over so trying to declutter as I have a lot of stuff that I do not need!!

Happy that my first credit card will be cleared within the next month unless something godawful happens, and then the little survey pennies can start going on the next credit card!
  • Cash out credited from Opinion Outpost and another £2.50 requested so thats £10 this week already, definitely my favourite alongside PA.

In credit file news, two of my CC's have written to say they will be increasing my credit limit. One CC is cut up and going to be paid off soon (CC2) and the other is being paid off and will be my petrol CC once it is. The good news here is not the extra available credit but it will drop my utilisation from what it is now (around 80%) to just over 50% so that will look a little healthier. And that percentage will just continue to drop which is nice :)

Only one DD left to be paid out for the month, so the bit of money I have left over is only really for sandwich stuff for work and the rest isn't really required for anything, so just going to see how little I can spend and then anything left over use for CC2 or into EF at the end of the month :)
  • Final DD for the month has come out today, £5.50 cashed out from Paypal from Opinion Outpost, with interest that was added the balance is now £65.04 which is nearly half of the balance cleared already. I will have a small cash out from PA soon, and hopefully more from Opinion Outpost too. I am confident I can clear this card purely through surveys!

I do find this "little and often" payments to the CC's is keeping me motivated. I couldn't just pay the minimums and trust myself to make the budgeted small payments through the month though, so will stick with my repayments I have set and pay the extra as and when I can :)
  • NelliePie
    NelliePie Posts: 280 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    You just do whatever works for you, you're going in the right direction.
    Keep going :)
    Little One born 19/12/18
    5/5/18 I became Mrs Pie
    FTB June '17 - £144k mortgage, £134k remaining
  • NelliePie wrote: »
    You just do whatever works for you, you're going in the right direction.
    Keep going :)

Thank you NelliePie :)
  • Not much to report today, another £6.10 paid off CC2 so that balance is now under £60 which makes me very happy :) absolutely going to be cleared in a month without too much extra effort.

Will finally be going down to the CU tomorrow with my ID etc to open my account with them, as I finally have a Saturday with no plans other than to do whatever I want to do :)

Going to the cinema tomorrow night, I have decided I will probably go more often by going alone as it is a struggle to fit in time with OH to go but even with how little we go its worth have the cinema cards that we have. I just know it'll be even better value if I go by myself. At least then I wouldn't miss half of the films I want to see too...

I'll be seeing my Dad who is in town on Sunday night too, it was his birthday on Wednesday so will buy him a few drinks to celebrate :)
  • Well that's another weekend been and gone!

I got down to my local Credit Union to finish setting up my account and I must admit it was a bit underwhelming. Didn't know where the online applications were kept so had to go through it all again, scanner didn't work, camera didn't work, I almost wanted to ask them if they needed some help getting organised! But if it's run by volunteers mostly and (it seems) the key person doesn't work at the weekend so must not grumble too much. I had to ask again before I left how to set up the payments to the savings account, and the website online requires a pin which I didn't get so I need to phone and ask what that is, but at least I now have the £50 SO set up to my savings account with them :)

CC2 now officially stands at £65.04 which, although it isn't a massive amount paid off, is nearly half of the total when I started and it will be clear within the next month so that will feel like a little win :) it will be onto the Tesco CC (CC3) after that I think, as the card with the biggest balance does have the lowest interest and by the time the Tesco CC is paid I will have around £100 a month at least to put onto CC1.

I also looked and found out I can make additional payments to MyJar so will look into maybe splitting some of my survey money onto that too. Decisions, decisions!

In general life news, I would like to get into proofreading so until I can afford a few short courses to get some qualifications, I am looking on volunteer sites for any kind of writing/editing opportunities and have applied for one today to write a newsletter a few times a year for a small community which is a "do it from home" role so hoping to hear back from that.

(If anyone reads this and sees my spelling and grammar and questions my future as a proofreader, I'm great when I'm fully focused :rotfl: )
  • A forgotten payment cleared and just paid another £5.50 to CC2 so currently stands at £53.44

£8ish coming from PA and £5 coming from opinion outpost so will be down to £40 by the end of the week :D
  • CC2 is so close to being gone!
    - £5.60 just paid bringing the balance to £47.84
    - £11 coming from PA at some point today will reduce to £36.84
    - in the middle of a study on PA for £12 with about £5 still pending so thats another £17 which would bring the balance to £19.84

£15 will come off of it with the normal payment on the 1st (ish) anyway so only another £4 odd to pay, and it will be cleared! First CC cleared by the first week of september then on to the next CC! :)
  • Well done! Stick with it. Every little bit paid off is a step closer to your goal :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure