PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Comments

• kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    OH is away on business so I had a very non veggie steak (sirloin nonetheless) with courgette, green beans and cauliflower cheese.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 5 April 2018 at 8:13PM
    No, Dave and Si are still my heros, only now mother thinks every curry is too hot or she will find a bit of skin or bone or something :)

We are finally getting roast chicken, although that nearly went to the wall as we had a major incident with a hen

Never rains but pours :)
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,083 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Jerk spiced chicken thigh, flat mushroom, tomato, courgette and sweet potato bake with spinach
  • JIL
    JIL Posts: 8,687 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    We were away last week and I really have lost the motivation to do any cooking. I seem to have lost the ability to think and plan. So it's been actifry chips and steak and home made ready meals from the freezer. The freezer is full so I must try harder.

So before I went out to work this morning I fried off some lamb and spices and put this in with some mushrooms and tomatoes into the slow cooker. I think my clothes lingered with a curry smell most of the morning. Ihad Dahl from the freezer. Quick and easy. Served with rice.
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,504 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Out to play with friends tonight, not seen them for a while, so it may get messy :D
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • Enjoyed our meal out last night - a lovely treat. Tonight we'll be having cawl with bread and cheese followed by pineapple upside down pudding and custard. The pineapple chunks were a YS bargain (9p) a few weeks ago and are taking up space in the freezer so need to be used.
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Made a beef stew last night so will reheat that for dinner tonight and have some mash with it, so nice and easy.

Denise
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,083 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Stovies and buttered cabbage
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Met a friend and her daughter for lunch today, had beef in oyster sauce with egg fried rice...not adventurous of me but wasn't feeling like something new to try. Hit the spot, as did our catch up.

Not sure about tomorrow, was going to plan for me and OH but not sure of his plans now.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• *iluvmymini*
    *iluvmymini* Posts: 365 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Yesterday we had a beef joint done in the slowcooker with roasties, Yorkshire puds, carrots and gravy.

Tonight we used the leftover beef in baguettes with mustard mayo.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback