Make up to £10 a day in August 2018 - Everyone welcome

Options

Comments

• Kantankrus_Mare
    Options
    Welcome to the thread farmers-wife :j Boo to the parking ticket. :(

Good incentive to earn a bit extra though. Have added you to the list.
    Make £10 a Day Feb .....£75.... March... £65......April...£90.....May £20.....June £35.......July £60
  • Kantankrus_Mare
    Options
    Nicki-Sue Drawing a set amount per week is a great way to manage your money.

We used to put everything on card and pay off card in full monthly but found we had nothing left over.

A few years ago, I worked out how much we needed a week for groceries, petrol, our own pocket money, holiday savings and a flutter on the lottery. I draw that amount weekly and it works brilliantly for us. And we have money left over (usually :D)

Pleased you OH is enjoying his new job. My own OH is waiting news on a job interview. Would be less money but I know he is really fed up with his current job which is very physical and getting harder as he gets older. We will have to make a few sacrifices for him to take it but we will somehow manage. He might not get it of course. Have to wait and see.
    Make £10 a Day Feb .....£75.... March... £65......April...£90.....May £20.....June £35.......July £60
  • Nicki_Sue
    Nicki_Sue Posts: 1,261 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Pleased you OH is enjoying his new job. My own OH is waiting news on a job interview. Would be less money but I know he is really fed up with his current job which is very physical and getting harder as he gets older. We will have to make a few sacrifices for him to take it but we will somehow manage. He might not get it of
    course. Have to wait and see.

Fingers crossed! There's nothing worse than being miserable at work. I hope he gets it.

I'm very tempted by physical cash envelopes. I've had different accounts and different cards but think spending physical cash will help us save more.
    MSE-ing since 2007
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    £8 cashed out from survey sites so £18.96/£50.00
  • MrsCautious
    MrsCautious Posts: 1,567 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I!!!8217;m doing absolutely rubbish!
    I got £2.04 from TCB.
    Nothing of 14 items sold on eBay.
    Need to get my act together and try Facebook.
    Also I have some big items to sell (laptops) and I!!!8217;m hoping for a decent price.
    I!!!8217;ve requested a water meter which could save me £200 a year!
    Also need to sort Single Person Discount on council tax, refunds from a phone contract etc - need to have a lie down thinking about it !!!55358;!!!56611;

Sorry about the weird numbers appearing when I type an apostrophe!
  • shariann
    shariann Posts: 1,027 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    That happens to me too! Not sure why and it doesn!!!8217;t seem to happen every time. One of life!!!8217;s mysteries.
    £10 a day April - £4/£300
    2014 £110.92 2015 £3732.30 2016 £1633.66 2017 £2991.70 2018 £3255.40
    Jan £105.50 Feb £80.47March £69.30
  • shariann
    shariann Posts: 1,027 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I see that it did it this time!

Sorry not got round to doing any money making ideas posts for a couple of days. Will try to catch up and do some tomorrow.

Have been surprisingly busy considering I am supposed to be on holiday doing things for the business and sorting paperwork of my brothers.

Not much to add money wise but I did cash out on VYPR for £5 and got £5.70 cashback after fees on my 123 account.

Had an email from Tesco about 10p off per litre of fuel when you spend £60 in store. I will definitely be taking advantage of this as I also have a £13 off £90 spend for there plus my Clubcard vouchers which I think was £9. £90 is more than I usually spend but I also have a £5 off £25 on Tesco clothing and both my mum and Dad have a birthday this week so if I plan carefully I could save quite a bit without buying extra just for the discount iyswim.

Feeling a bit sorry for myself this evening as I have an awful pain in my bum/leg. It is something I suffer with from time to time but it has been particularly bad this evening. Think it may be sciatica and not sure if I should see the doctor or whether they will just say rest and take pain killers.
    £10 a day April - £4/£300
    2014 £110.92 2015 £3732.30 2016 £1633.66 2017 £2991.70 2018 £3255.40
    Jan £105.50 Feb £80.47March £69.30
  • MrsCautious
    MrsCautious Posts: 1,567 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    See the doctor xx
  • Kantankrus_Mare
    Options
    shariann wrote: »

Sorry not got round to doing any money making ideas posts for a couple of days. Will try to catch up and do some tomorrow.

Have been surprisingly busy considering I am supposed to be on holiday doing things for the business and sorting paperwork of my brothers.

Not much to add money wise but I did cash out on VYPR for £5 and got £5.70 cashback after fees on my 123 account.

Had an email from Tesco about 10p off per litre of fuel when you spend £60 in store. I will definitely be taking advantage of this as I also have a £13 off £90 spend for there plus my Clubcard vouchers which I think was £9. £90 is more than I usually spend but I also have a £5 off £25 on Tesco clothing and both my mum and Dad have a birthday this week so if I plan carefully I could save quite a bit without buying extra just for the discount iyswim.

Feeling a bit sorry for myself this evening as I have an awful pain in my bum/leg. It is something I suffer with from time to time but it has been particularly bad this evening. Think it may be sciatica and not sure if I should see the doctor or whether they will just say rest and take pain killers.

I would say painkillers in the short term but if you have a google, there may be some yoga poses that can help with sciatica. I hate the thought of being on long term painkillers as it just masks the problem.

Not sure if anyone else on here uses Neobux? Could be on my own here as its not an instant money earner in any way shape or form ...........anyway, there is a 24 hour promo on so referrals can be extended for a discount.

Good day for tips yesterday.....£11.50 :j
  • Hopeless_Case
    Options
    I!!!8217;m doing absolutely rubbish!
    I got £2.04 from TCB.
    Nothing of 14 items sold on eBay.
    Need to get my act together and try Facebook.
    Also I have some big items to sell (laptops) and I!!!8217;m hoping for a decent price.
    I!!!8217;ve requested a water meter which could save me £200 a year!
    Also need to sort Single Person Discount on council tax, refunds from a phone contract etc - need to have a lie down thinking about it !!!55358;!!!56611;

Sorry about the weird numbers appearing when I type an apostrophe!
    It certainly seems to be working for us so far, we had £123 refunded which helped me clear the last of a credit card, and assuming the monthly payments we're now on are correct, it'll save us well over £200 a year :)
    shariann wrote: »

I did a self-scan shop this week, spent less than £10 and one of those vouchers came out of the receipt bit after I paid.

I hadn't noticed it before but it seemed to come out so fast that I did wonder if it was mine, but this seems to confirm that it was from the last person - can I still use it or is it linked to a clubcard?

If I can use it, that was a lucky but of accidental wombing :rotfl::j:j, as I'm not likely to spend £60 in T**co, this month anyway
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure