Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• marmitelovemehateme
    Options
    Good morning......Last hot day before it starts to cool to a more reasonable temperature...:D
    [STRIKE]68 [STRIKE]Mouses[/STRIKE] [/STRIKE]

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Slept in:o

Fred's mates honking on the drive :o
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Enterprise_1701C Posts: 23,409 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Good morning all, another warm one her.
    emerald21 wrote: »
    Who on earth would have more than one phone :eek:

Good Morning all another lovely day.

Can anyone tell me what white paint they use that doesn t go yellow after time please .Thank you :)

I have not tried it, but apparently acrylic or water based gloss does not go yellow.

I know the oil based goes yellow, but it is hardier than water based, but I shall be sorely tempted to go with water based or acrylic next time now the kids are gone.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • Wheres_My_Cashback
    Options
    good morning......last hot day before it starts to cool to a more reasonable temperature...:d

:(:(:(

• Enterprise_1701C
    Options
    One thing I should mention.

I had a trial membership of Amazon Prime. I did the normal "set to not auto renew" and forgot about it.

Something made me check when it was due to end and I realised it had not ended. It had renewed.

I do not recall renewing it, I do not recall changing anything. Yes I have made reasonable use of it but at no time did I intentionally set it to renew.

Fortunately I realised before I had made use of it and cancelled. I have also complained to Amazon.

I KNOW I set up the "do not auto renew", I remember seeing on the page that my prime was ending, how they managed to sneak that one in I do not know, and if I didn't have so much in "gift cards" on the account I would try to stop using them, but it is free money :D

What really annoyed me, apart from the fact that something wrong has gone on there, was that they charged it to my credit card rather than using my gift card balance. Maybe they thought that would be more noticeable :mad:

Had a reply to my first email, they just covered the fact that I needed to have prime and I should renew, they ignored the fact I set it to not auto renew. This was a reply to my complaint, not just a bounceback. They are annoying me even more now.
  • Freewheeling
    Options
    Morning all!

I went to A's last night to use up some APGs that were expiring this Thursday. I only had 4, and all for fairly small amounts. I know that I had them all with me because when I was in the shop I got them out of my bag to add up the amount they came to so I made sure I bought enough shopping. When I got to the till I handed them all over to the checkout woman at the same time (they were each printed on an A4 piece of paper). Once she'd finished scanning them she handed me back a receipt, which confused me for a moment. She told me I'd only given her 3 APGs. I was a bit flustered so I just paid the rest, then searched for the 4th whilst she was scanning through my next shop. I couldn't find it at all :(. I asked her if she was sure that I'd only given her 3, and she said she'd already ripped them up and put them in the bin. She seemed quite grumpy and I didn't feel that I could argue with her.

Now of course I still have the APG, as I could just print it off again. But my nearest A's is a 16 mile round trip, and I don't go that way very often, and the voucher expires on Thursday. The one that got 'lost' was the most valuable one at £2.72. Now, I know that I should probably just forget about it, but it's wound me up.

In more positive news, the Imperial Leather Foamy Banana and Cherry Bakewell shower creams are reduced to 40p and 45p (I can't remember which way round) so I bought a few of those. There was another flavour too but it was sold out. Maybe passionfruit or similar?
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Options
    tweets wrote: »
    If you like baked potatoes , animals , :money: and slightly nutty :eek: you will fit right into this thread :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Slightly nutty, how dare you :eek::eek::eek:

Now, totally nutty I could tolerate :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • chocaholics
    chocaholics Posts: 471 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 7 August 2018 at 9:52AM
    Options
    Good morning all, might the Indian meal deal work today, last day in Toscos but
    now showing as unavailable on their website.

Edit, showing as £8 on mysypermarket today.
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    One thing I should mention.

I had a trial membership of Amazon Prime. I did the normal "set to not auto renew" and forgot about it.

Something made me check when it was due to end and I realised it had not ended. It had renewed.

I do not recall renewing it, I do not recall changing anything. Yes I have made reasonable use of it but at no time did I intentionally set it to renew.

Fortunately I realised before I had made use of it and cancelled. I have also complained to Amazon.

I KNOW I set up the "do not auto renew", I remember seeing on the page that my prime was ending, how they managed to sneak that one in I do not know, and if I didn't have so much in "gift cards" on the account I would try to stop using them, but it is free money :D

What really annoyed me, apart from the fact that something wrong has gone on there, was that they charged it to my credit card rather than using my gift card balance. Maybe they thought that would be more noticeable :mad:

Had a reply to my first email, they just covered the fact that I needed to have prime and I should renew, they ignored the fact I set it to not auto renew. This was a reply to my complaint, not just a bounceback. They are annoying me even more now.

thanks for this. I think I am going to screenshot my settings.

I am wondering if you are using the app on your phone - my theory is when apps update sometimes the settings revert back. I use instagram to take photos but when I try and share them via FB I couldnt as it says I needed to allow it in my settings. I know I have not changed anything - I even had to google to find out how to change it back so I know its not me that's changed anything :(
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Options
    mhoc wrote: »
    thanks for this. I think I am going to screenshot my settings.

I am wondering if you are using the app on your phone - my theory is when apps update sometimes the settings revert back. I use instagram to take photos but when I try and share them via FB I couldnt as it says I needed to allow it in my settings. I know I have not changed anything - I even had to google to find out how to change it back so I know its not me that's changed anything :(

I have never had the app on my phone, I have as few as I can as I really do not trust the updates.

I have used the website on my laptop and on my tab, I do not buy on my phone as it is not secure enough for my liking.

Ever get the impression I do not trust tech :eek::eek: It is more that I used to spend my time exploring loopholes, and I know someone that could hack into anything, I know how vulnerable tech is.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport