Comments

• jacop
    jacop Posts: 2 Newbie
    happy new year , good job , reach your goals
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,255 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Enjoy the wine & the food :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    I had a lovely stir fry, a glass or three of Pinot Grigio and now I am going to bed.
    Tomorrow I will attempt a sort of spreadsheet planner to try and work out the jobs as I am sure that you have about 90 jobs to do. When I get 8 from one customer yesterday and 9 from one today, it's really getting to capacity.
    I am ok, not totally overwhelmed, but I need to plan as I have to give deadlines to people.
    But for now I am going to have an early night.
    X
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • beanielou
    Tomorrow is another day :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Savvy_sewing
    A slow day.
    Diary day.
    Menu planning.
    Shopping list.
    Trip to Aldi with Mum.
    Stock take Saturday Girl started added up.
    Jobs for the week ahead allocated slots through the week.
    Decision to not add any more fittings before 1st May.
    Decision to not let any jobs jump the que until after 1st May.
    No work coming in can be started until 1st May.
    Jobs for Biggest to tackle listed.
    Jobs for Seamstress ear marked for her return.
    Bed changed for cooler bedding.
    Dgd bed changed because she spilt milk on her duvet. Now washed and on the line.
    Another dark wash going around as I write.
    Old bathroom blind removed and thrown out.
    New blind purchased but I need to get help hanging it.
    Shower curtain down for wash.

Feeling happier now.

Not so happy that when I went to deliver DS's washing I was kept on the door step and the place was a mess again. When I asked about my kitchen he said "I have been a bit lazy but it will only take 30 minutes to do!@
    I give up. If they cannot even keep it reasonably in less than a week there really is no way I am going to do it again.
    My bedroom, Dgds bedroom, bathroom and kitchen all still up to date.
    Sittingroom is a work in progress. Spare room yet to be tackled.
    Garden is coming along with BFs input.
    Considering buying a new lawnmower with my Argos account as the one I have is not very good and the wires won't reach everywhere. Seen a cordless one that might be a better idea.
    But I will chat to BF about it on Wednesday when he is next here.
    Dgd gone out to play and for tea with our friends from Friday. I am deciding what to cook for me as I don't fancy the burgers I had planned for today.
    Time to do the wages etc and keep my eye on the accounts.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,020 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Mooloo, it may be 'too late', but I believe I saved all of us a lot of work and stress by the simple expectation that all food and drink (other than plain water) was consumed either in the kitchen (for a quick biscuit / drink of squash) or SITTING at the dining table, except for those rare occasions when they were outside in the garden! It probably helped that we've always had a table within sight and sound of the kitchen.

Visiting children often looked at me as if I'd gone mad when I said that if they'd like a biscuit they could have one if they came here, ie to the table.

Even when they were old enough to be trusted with food in the lounge, on special occasions, it didn't go upstairs to bedrooms.

I don't know if you could start to do that. Even now I'll take a cup of tea upstairs regularly, but not biscuits and snacks, and we very rarely eat in the lounge. Just not in the habit.
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • trix-a-belle
    trix-a-belle Posts: 1,481 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Mooloo I had the mower search last summer when mine died, cordless ones do not have the puff to do anything (also lots of extra bits to go wrong) and all entry to mid level back garden mowers aren't really that great these days, they seem to just be considered disposable like everything else. For something decent that's built to last you quickly get into beefy/pricer mower territory, therefore if yours is still working may I suggest you buy yourself an extension lead to give you the reach you need & keep going with the one you have till it completely conks xx
    - Mortgage: 1st one down, 2nd also busted
    - Student Loan gone
    Swagbucks, Mingle, GiffGaff, Prolific, Qmee & Quidco; thank you MSE every little bit helps
  • beanielou
    Could you maybe look on your Fb buying/selling pages for a lawnmower?

• Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,020 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    buy yourself an extension lead to give you the reach you need
    and a circuit breaker if you haven't already got one. Make sure it's a extension lead designed for outdoor use!
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • Savvy_sewing
    I already have an extension lead that's 15m long. It's not long enough for half the garden. I will have to bring the one from work Home and join the two. But the blades etc are all bent out of shape on the mower so it means continually trying to bend them back when ever BF cuts the lawn due to rocks and uneven parts. I will start saving. I used to have a Petrol one but was not strong enough to start it so I gave it to BF.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure