£15,000 to 0

Comments

• EH - your idea about putting survey money into help to buy would be an excellent idea in an ideal world. But I’m a fickle person and the only reason why I do it is so I have ‘free’ money to fritter - once that goes away I swear I will have no motivation to do them anymore :o

Lonelyrat - don’t feel bad about your holiday! There’s no use feeling guilty about it because you’ll just spend the whole time worrying and not enjoying yourself otherwise. You deserve this holiday and I’m sure you will have a fabby time :money:
    Debt Totals July 2019::
    [STRIKE]£350 Natwest Credit Card [/STRIKE]/ ]Now £0 (paid off and closed 04/2017) £15,500 postgrad loan from parents/ Now £7,000 £5,000 sister loan/ Now £0[STRIKE]£500 train ticket loan from parents [/STRIKE]/ Now £0 (paid off 16/02/18)[STRIKE]£2,000 Overdraft[/STRIKE] Now £0 (paid off 09/03/18) £1,967.83 Barclays 0% card Now £0
    Total £7,000
  • Well, my bad week has well and truly turned into an appalling week. Without going into detail, things have gone really t1ts up at work. Oh well. Move on.

Another bank switch set up. Free money yay!

Having to watch my spends carefully. I forgot lunch twice this week so I!!!8217;ve busted my food budget. Also need to get the sister to contribute more to the food budget as I!!!8217;m sure I!!!8217;ve paid for every food shop since Christmas, which is also busting my budget.

Planned a 12 mile scenic walk on Sunday to make up for the fact that I!!!8217;ve done no exercise this week. Will be bringing picnic type foods along with us. Not sure what to make yet but off the top of my head I think we have the ingredients for homemade sausage rolls and falafel.

I tend to either collapse in a lump or stress clean when I!!!8217;m stressed out. Aiming for stress cleaning tonight rather than just doing nothing and fretting all evening.
    [STRIKE]£350 Natwest Credit Card [/STRIKE]/ ]Now £0 (paid off and closed 04/2017) £15,500 postgrad loan from parents/ Now £7,000 £5,000 sister loan/ Now £0[STRIKE]£500 train ticket loan from parents [/STRIKE]/ Now £0 (paid off 16/02/18)[STRIKE]£2,000 Overdraft[/STRIKE] Now £0 (paid off 09/03/18) £1,967.83 Barclays 0% card Now £0
    Total £7,000
  • To cap off my amazingly terrible week, I left my train ticket on my train :money:

Fortunately it was registered in my name so I just need to pay an admin fee and get it re-issued.

Still, not a great week has been had by me :(
    Total £7,000
  • Sorry your weeks gone tits up :( I had a god awful day today and I'm concerned tomorrow will be more of the same. Do you work Monday - Friday? If so hope your weekend regenerates you for next week :o :cool:

That's so rubbish about the train ticket! I lost mine a in June last year and I called up to get it reissued and the gentleman I spoke to said it would cost £10 :eek: This was back when I was swimming in debt and genuinely had no money... I was like I can't afford that! I told him to leave it and then I applied online for another smartcard with a different email address (not proud of myself but I really didn't have a spare tenner at that point!)

Defo get your sister to chip in more with food. It really isn't fair you having to foot the bill so much. Could yous maybe try a kitty? Just a spare bank account or a jar or something in the kitchen that you both put a set amount of money in per month for food/ household bits? Me and my old flatmate did that and it was really helpful. The fact we both contributed the same meant there was never any resentment or anything.

You are well and truly the bank tart queen btw! I love it.

Your walk sounds like it will be lovely. I failed on the dog walk today. I had such a crappy day at work I just got in bed when I got home and napped. I feel like you're stress cleaning is a lot more effective than my stress napping!

The fact that I napped is the reason I'm still up now bleugh :( I really did try and be good but when I feel down all I want to do is sleep. The dog was not impressed with me... She got up on the bed and just stared at me with her sad eyes so I just rolled over! Feeling quite guilty now :o Will make it up to her tomorrow when I get home.
    Total Debt : ?? / ??
  • lonelyrat wrote: »
    Sorry your weeks gone tits up :( I had a god awful day today and I'm concerned tomorrow will be more of the same. Do you work Monday - Friday? If so hope your weekend regenerates you for next week :o :cool:

That's so rubbish about the train ticket! I lost mine a in June last year and I called up to get it reissued and the gentleman I spoke to said it would cost £10 :eek: This was back when I was swimming in debt and genuinely had no money... I was like I can't afford that! I told him to leave it and then I applied online for another smartcard with a different email address (not proud of myself but I really didn't have a spare tenner at that point!)

Defo get your sister to chip in more with food. It really isn't fair you having to foot the bill so much. Could yous maybe try a kitty? Just a spare bank account or a jar or something in the kitchen that you both put a set amount of money in per month for food/ household bits? Me and my old flatmate did that and it was really helpful. The fact we both contributed the same meant there was never any resentment or anything.

You are well and truly the bank tart queen btw! I love it.

Your walk sounds like it will be lovely. I failed on the dog walk today. I had such a crappy day at work I just got in bed when I got home and napped. I feel like you're stress cleaning is a lot more effective than my stress napping!

The fact that I napped is the reason I'm still up now bleugh :( I really did try and be good but when I feel down all I want to do is sleep. The dog was not impressed with me... She got up on the bed and just stared at me with her sad eyes so I just rolled over! Feeling quite guilty now :o Will make it up to her tomorrow when I get home.

It makes me laugh that we're having one big conversation over two separate threads :rotfl:

I hope your day was better today! I do work Monday-Friday fortunately so trying to recharge and completely ignore work over the weekend.

Usually it's fine with my sister, it's usually spread evenly but because I went on holiday and then she went on holiday, and she's been seeing quite a few friends lately so not in for dinner, our routine has been thrown off a little. It is a bit annoying paying for the groceries but she charges me such a low rent for the area and pays for all the householdy bits, so I don't really mind paying a bit more for the groceries even though that wasn't the original deal. It just means I might have to reconsider my grocery budget!

Re: the bank tarting (dear lord we need to think of a better name!) to be honest I'm such a miser that I just can't leave free money on the table :rotfl:

I'm quite excited about this walk tomorrow, and now I have more incentive - I have to walk into the city to replace my train ticket! At least it means I don't have an excuse to just stay in bed all day, which I would love to do!

The stress cleaning is a coping mechanism that I developed during uni...I used to just fall apart and refuse to do anything all day but I slowly realised that it just makes me more miserable. I clean because it makes me feel useful and is a good distraction.

The napping thing definitely takes time! If you're used to it then sometimes you just need to, but maybe you could try tapering it out or setting an alarm so you have a shorter nap? That way you won't end up being awake all night and then tired the next day. No use beating yourself up about it anyway!
    Total £7,000
  • Went on my walk as planned, ended up walking 14 miles... it was lovely but my hip really hurts now, I think I overdid it :o

Reaching that awkward middle of the month where nothing exciting happens financially. Hoping to do lots more surveys to help things pick up a bit.

I’ve decided to take another look at my finances and hopefully increase my monthly food budget a bit as it seems a bit pointless to say I’ll spend a certain amount when my monthly spend is consistently higher.

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend x
    Total £7,000
  • My first £125 bank switch reward came in yesterday. I’m chuffed :j
    Total £7,000
  • Woohoo on the bank switch! That's really quick for the cash that's awesome :)

Glad the walk was good :o I do love a good walk, especially if you're on your own and can just listen to music. I used to find it really therapeutic. Now we live at OH's parents I don't walk as much as I'd like... He's insured on their car so we always just end up driving everywhere. I need to have more of a backbone. 14 miles is pretty epic! Hope the hip is feeling better.

I've not been on prolific for a while. I think cos I've just cashed out I see how long it'll take me to get back up to £20 and it puts me off a little bit. Need to get back into the swing of it!

Do you get paid at the end of the month? I'm always around the 19th (it varies slightly depending on weekends and stuff). I usually find the rest of the calendar month goes fine but then I'm absolutely skint as soon as the next month starts and I spend 2 weeks making no progress and not spending any money at all really.

Good idea on upping the food budget. If you go over it it's probably better to edit it. Then if you find that you're under budget any extra money could go to either debt or treats. I'd be leaning towards treats but that's just me :cool:
    I clean because it makes me feel useful and is a good distraction.

This. Cleaning is really great because I suppose you have a sort of sense of direction and purpose and then a feeling of achievement afterwards. There's something so nice about having clean surroundings as well. I'm going to try and stress clean rather than stress eat/ sleep which is what I currently do!

Hope you have a good week and hope the issues you had at work have been resolved as well :)
  • Ohh just read you were going to take homemade falafel on your walk! Now all I can think about is falafel :o Yum! How did you make it? With chickpeas or fava beans? I want to make houmous and some falafel. I've been having a serious craving for a some sort of mezze. Oh I just love food!
  • lonelyrat wrote: »
    Woohoo on the bank switch! That's really quick for the cash that's awesome :)

Glad the walk was good :o I do love a good walk, especially if you're on your own and can just listen to music. I used to find it really therapeutic. Now we live at OH's parents I don't walk as much as I'd like... He's insured on their car so we always just end up driving everywhere. I need to have more of a backbone. 14 miles is pretty epic! Hope the hip is feeling better.

I've not been on prolific for a while. I think cos I've just cashed out I see how long it'll take me to get back up to £20 and it puts me off a little bit. Need to get back into the swing of it!

Do you get paid at the end of the month? I'm always around the 19th (it varies slightly depending on weekends and stuff). I usually find the rest of the calendar month goes fine but then I'm absolutely skint as soon as the next month starts and I spend 2 weeks making no progress and not spending any money at all really.

Good idea on upping the food budget. If you go over it it's probably better to edit it. Then if you find that you're under budget any extra money could go to either debt or treats. I'd be leaning towards treats but that's just me :cool:

This. Cleaning is really great because I suppose you have a sort of sense of direction and purpose and then a feeling of achievement afterwards. There's something so nice about having clean surroundings as well. I'm going to try and stress clean rather than stress eat/ sleep which is what I currently do!

Hope you have a good week and hope the issues you had at work have been resolved as well :)

I feel the same about prolific as you! I'm just really, REALLY determined to earn enough to get myself a cheeky treat like a mulberry purse which I've been eyeing up for the last 5 years :rotfl:

The bank switch cash came in so quickly! I was absolutely shocked that it was so quick. It was actually the second switch that I set up - the first switch hasn't even opened an account yet!

I get paid on the 28th of every month...7 days to go...limping my way towards it!

Hummus was really really easy to make. Can of chickpeas, drained, lemon juice, garlic. I didn't bother with the tahini paste cos that stuff is EXPENSIVE. It still came out fine but word of warning, make sure you use relatively fresh garlic and not stuff that's been languishing in your fridge for weeks. The hummus tasted resolutely fridge-y from the fridge-y garlic :rotfl:

The falafel was an absolute pain in the !!! and I don't think I'll make it again. It needed frying in oil and I have definitely got a bit of a :eek: attitude when it comes to pans of hot oil.

I wanted to try to make stuffed vine leaves too but it's so expensive, it's cheaper to buy the pre-made sort!

Had a bit of a naughty week so far, have bought lunch three times this week. I have £40 to last me the week until payday and no expenses of note so theoretically I should be OK, as long as I don't get itchy fingers and end up internet shopping!
    Total £7,000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport