PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cake recipes for halogen oven

Options
I've been given a little halogen oven and have been trying to make sponge cakes in it to save turning on my normal large oven.

I'm getting burned tops to cakes and uncooked middles. Please does anyone have any tips/recipes they have found really work? Googling hasn't helped that much.

I make both cupcakes and Victoria sponges for charity bake sales, so recipes for both small and large cakes would be much appreciated.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Nile
    Nile Posts: 14,930 Ambassador
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi, we move threads if we think they’ll get more help elsewhere (please read the forum rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board. If you have any questions about this policy please email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.

I’ve moved your thread from the ‘I wanna’ board to the ‘Old Style’ board, where it is better suited.

Regards

Nile
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the 'I wanna' and 'In my home' and Health & Beauty'' boards.If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.10 Dec 2007 - Led Zeppelin - I was there. :j :cool2: I wear my 50 (gold/red/white) blood donations pin badge with pride. Give blood, save a life.
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I'm watching this with interest. My dad is a real fan of his halogen oven, years ago my attempt at scones in it failed, and that was the end of that. I get the impression it's great for meals but not baked goodies.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,985 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I gave my halogen oven away because my arthritic hands meant that I could not use if safely (lift off type, no hinge)

I recall being able to make scones, small loaves and cakes in loaf tins quite successfully and I have a friend who is a very good cook who bakes most things in it. I think the secret is in adjusting the temperature and the cooking time.

Have you seen this, details of temperatures and times for the various type of bake towards the end of the page:D
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • Tealblue
    Tealblue Posts: 929 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    maddiemay wrote: »
    I gave my halogen oven away because my arthritic hands meant that I could not use if safely (lift off type, no hinge)

I recall being able to make scones, small loaves and cakes in loaf tins quite successfully and I have a friend who is a very good cook who bakes most things in it. I think the secret is in adjusting the temperature and the cooking time.

Have you seen this, details of temperatures and times for the various type of bake towards the end of the page:D

Really useful link - thank you so much for taking time to post it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure