Working tax credit living with parents

Options

Comments

• Moneysaver57
    Options
    I wished people would stop judging, I don!!!8217;t have the lastest phone or anything, I pay my bills to help my mum out. A lot of people on here need to realise that this site is for advice not to judge.
  • marliepanda
    marliepanda Posts: 7,186 Forumite
    Options
    I wished people would stop judging, I don!!!8217;t have the lastest phone or anything, I pay my bills to help my mum out. A lot of people on here need to realise that this site is for advice not to judge.

The first post I gave you the 'advice' that your income does not qualify you for WTC (or if it does, its a small amount)

Your response 'It doesnt say that anywhere!!!! There is no income limit listed anywhere!!!!!'

More responses outlining criteria, advice about your eligibility.

Your response: I want help from the government to save! Why cant I have it!! Im struggling to save and live

More advice more advice more advice:

Your response: Don't judge me!!

Basically you want us to lie to you, tell you that you qualify for WTC and that you'll soon have a huge WTC funded savings pot?

The only advice is:

Cut your expenses, save more money.
  • Moneysaver57
    Options
    Don!!!8217;t you think I!!!8217;ve done that?
  • marliepanda
    marliepanda Posts: 7,186 Forumite
    Options
    Don!!!8217;t you think I!!!8217;ve done that?

Go to the debt free wannabe board https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=76

(you don't have to be in debt to get help) and post a SOA (statement of affairs)

http://www.stoozing.com/calculator/soa.php

That lists your income, and what you spend your money on, so you can see how much you can save a month. If its too low for what you want, they will help you find savings.

You cannot get benefits to help, so use that to look at how you can help yourself.
  • brewthebear
    brewthebear Posts: 292 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    There is no criteria for you to get benefits of any description while living at home with no dependents
    What planet you on thinking you could save the money for a deposit get a second job !!
  • Moneysaver57
    Moneysaver57 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    LilElvis wrote: »
    If you're saving for a deposit to purchase a house then the government assistance would be via the Help To Buy ISA where they will give you up to £3000.

Haha well I’ve managed so far, all I was asking for ADVICE.
  • w06
    w06 Posts: 917 Forumite
    Options
    Put it this way, I live on roughly the same as you. I live alone with two large dogs and pay rent on a 3 bed house with a decent sized garden out of that income. Everything that comes in goes out, and things are relatively tight, but I'm not especially good with money and not living in poverty. My point being on that income living with your Mum, even if paying half of everything, there should be spare to save for a deposit, the solution if there isn't is less out or more in - a second job
  • Moneysaver57
    Options
    I!!!8217;ve just contacted and I!!!8217;m eligible! Thanks a lot everyone!
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I assume your income was lower last year then (which they use for the initial calculations) If your income is going to be more than £2.5k higher this year, make sure you provide the estimate for this year so they can calculate on that otherwise you could end up with an overpayment
  • Moneysaver57
    Options
    It!!!8217;s the same they said threshold gone up so it!!!8217;s higher
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business