PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you having for lunch today?

So... I know we have a "What are you having for dinner?" thread.

Dinner in our place is grand - I have more problems re having ideas for lunch so thought I would start up a thread just for that. I know we have a couple of threads asking for lunch ideas, but I thought this could give us an ongoing run of ideas rather than just being a thread of suggestions.

If a thread like this already exists feel free to merge as they only ones I can find are for suggestions only.

Looking forward to the replies :beer:

Comments

• VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    I had a cheese, pickle and baby spinach sandwich on granary bread, with 1/2 a 25g pack of crisps. It scores 10/10 for unimaginative, I know - but it was reasonably healthy, filled me up and tasted good.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Home made pasty (HFW Root Vegetable Pasty) with a tomato and celery salad. I make a batch at a time and keep them in the freezer for days when I'm busy/can't be bothered. I plan my evening meals, but not lunches.
    Life is mainly froth and bubble: two things stand like stone. Kindness in another’s trouble, courage in your own.
  • VfM4meplse
    Forumite
    edited 21 May 2018 at 12:45PM
    Home made pasty (HFW Root Vegetable Pasty) with a tomato and celery salad. I make a batch at a time and keep them in the freezer for days when I'm busy/can't be bothered. I plan my evening meals, but not lunches.
    Now this sounds interesting (and inexpensive!). Recipe please?

Eta: just realised its this: http://blog.boden.co.uk/2012/01/hughs-swede-and-potato-pasties/. And that I have his veggie recipe book :o

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • pipkin71
    pipkin71 Posts: 21,821 Forumite
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    Now this sounds interesting (and inexpensive!). Recipe please?

Eta: just realised its this: http://blog.boden.co.uk/2012/01/hughs-swede-and-potato-pasties/. And that I have his veggie recipe book :o

Which one is it please, VfM and is it worth buying?
    There is something delicious about writing the first words of a story. You never quite know where they'll take you - Beatrix Potter
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,903
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Beef & veggies chilli left over from tacos yesterday. Ah, the joys of being married to a good cook! And having a collection of the lidded soup mugs strategically located...
  • pipkin71
    pipkin71 Posts: 21,821 Forumite
    I had curried bean soup for lunch today :)
    There is something delicious about writing the first words of a story. You never quite know where they'll take you - Beatrix Potter
  • VfM4meplse
    Forumite
    pipkin71 wrote: »
    Which one is it please, VfM and is it worth buying?
    Its this one, and yes it's well worth buying if you find it in a chazzer. I think my copy was £5 from WHS (I bought it on promotion before Christmas a few years ago).

RCVE.jpg

• Gintotmelinda
    Gintotmelinda Posts: 1,734
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Scrambled egg on toast and a handful of red grapes.
    "It's hard to be a diamond in a rhinestone world"
  • southantrim3
    southantrim3 Posts: 835
    First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    Forumite
    Forgot to mention that I had chicken sandwiches - woohoo!
  • Matt_Jones
    Matt_Jones Posts: 20 Forumite
    Bacon & Cheese Oatcakes. People in Staffordshire will know ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure