Single, six kids and going to be debt free!

Options

Comments

• Mumoffourkids
    Options
    I have a question about Shoppix, not sure if you can answer?! Is it ok for me to have shoppix and receipt hog and put the receipts on both?

I don't have receipt hog but I do have shoppix and shopprize and I do take snaps of the receipts on both of them so I would assume it was the same for shoppix and receipt hog.
  • CoffeeCakeYarn
    Options
    Sorry to hijack - I use hog and shoppix with no problems x
    Paid - 7095/26218 - Total
  • Mumoffourkids
    Options
    No need to apologise coffee. How are you finding receipt hog? That's one I don't do, is it worth it do you think?
  • Mumoffourkids
    Options
    So tonight I have been researching sweet cone bags. Three of my kids are having a joint party at a soft play centre and I was going to get some sweet cones made up. But now I am thinking I might make them myself.

I have paid for exclusive hire first thing on a Sunday morning for a soft play centre. It is cheaper to do first thing and have a joint party rather than individual parties for the three kids. The money will come out of the present fund which is looking very healthy at the moment!

So onto sweet cones. I was going to pay someone else to do them, but I thought why not do them myself. The bags are looking about £3.20 for 100 bags. I also hold the makro card for work and there is a makro nearby so I thought get the sweets from there. Pretty sure they won't be that expensive but I might go and research!

Then whilst I was looking on the makro site, I saw offers on meat. Meat is expensive and we eat a lot of chicken. So I might try the meat from makro as that looks like it will work out cheaper than buying from the supermarket. Does anyone else buy meat in bulk?
  • Drawingaline
    Options
    My clothing budget can't keep up either. I have decided to increase it for a few months and do a seperate line in YNAB for dancing clothing.
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • JoJoC
    JoJoC Posts: 1,836 Forumite
    Options
    I have no advice on Makro, but I did sweetie cones for my son's borthday party a year ago - a couple of quid for the cones and ribbon, i printed off some sticky labels for the outside saying 'thank you for coming to X's party' with a picture of a ninja turtle on it and I got two boxes of sweets from my local cash and carry and that more than did the 30 sweetie cones I made up.

Top tip - I bought one bag or giant marshmallows and putting three of those in each took up LOADS of space, so I wasn't having to fill them to the brim with all the little sweets :)
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
  • CoffeeCakeYarn
    Options
    Receipt hog is slow, but you can upload multiples from the same shop in one day so good for wombling :D
  • Mumoffourkids
    Options
    My clothing budget can't keep up either. I have decided to increase it for a few months and do a seperate line in YNAB for dancing clothing.

I think I will see if I can up it by £5 per week and then hopefully build up a bit of balance in there!
    JoJoC wrote: »
    I have no advice on Makro, but I did sweetie cones for my son's borthday party a year ago - a couple of quid for the cones and ribbon, i printed off some sticky labels for the outside saying 'thank you for coming to X's party' with a picture of a ninja turtle on it and I got two boxes of sweets from my local cash and carry and that more than did the 30 sweetie cones I made up.

Top tip - I bought one bag or giant marshmallows and putting three of those in each took up LOADS of space, so I wasn't having to fill them to the brim with all the little sweets :)

Great tip JoJo, I think I will definitely do my own cones. I reckon there will be about 60 kids there as the two older ones are inviting their whole classes (new school so haven't really got any special friends yet) and surely it would be cheaper than paying someone else to do them! Love the marshmallows tip as well.
    Receipt hog is slow, but you can upload multiples from the same shop in one day so good for wombling :D

I might do receipt hog then. With Shopprize, a couple of days I have got to the maximum allowed receipts upload for a day, so I have kept them and just scanned them the next day. It doesn't take me long and its all free money!
  • CoffeeCakeYarn
    Options
    Yeah for sure, give it a bash! No harm in free money :D
  • theoldmansmrs
    Options
    Then whilst I was looking on the makro site, I saw offers on meat. Meat is expensive and we eat a lot of chicken. So I might try the meat from makro as that looks like it will work out cheaper than buying from the supermarket. Does anyone else buy meat in bulk?[/QUOTE]

I have been following your diary but never commented. I buy my meat in bulk and find it so much easier to manage and it works out a lot cheaper for me. If I get a bit of free time, when I buy the meat, I will prepare the meals then freeze them so if it is a busy night then I have home made "ready meals" available in the freezer.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback