Bad builder forum

Options
Is there a site or forum anywhere to expose and discuss poor builders and warn others off ?;)
I am in the process of having a loft conversion done and it's a bl**dy nightmare:eek:.
I would love to find out the truth about my builders reputation...not their version of it.:rolleyes:

Comments

• naijapower
    naijapower Posts: 1,393 Forumite
    Options
    Try www.snagging.org. The forum is quite useful as there are tons of complaints about builders etc
  • baldelectrician
    Options
    Try the BADLY RATED TRADESMEN website, or CAN YOU TRUST THEM

Decent search also
    baldly going on...
  • catford
    catford Posts: 1,114 Forumite
    Options
    So much for the badly rated tradesmen website:mad: They took my money in december for a years subscription and now when I want to check a builder all I get is "bad request-invalid host name"---what a rip off :(
    Have they gone bust :eek: anyone know?
  • Nile
    Nile Posts: 14,930 Ambassador
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi, Martin’s asked me to post this in these circumstances: I’ve asked Board Guides to move threads if they’ll receive a better response elsewhere(please see this rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board, where it should get more replies. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="abuse@moneysavingexpert.com"]abuse@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL].
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the 'I wanna' and 'In my home' and Health & Beauty'' boards.If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.10 Dec 2007 - Led Zeppelin - I was there. :j :cool2: I wear my 50 (gold/red/white) blood donations pin badge with pride. Give blood, save a life.
  • marleyboy
    marleyboy Posts: 16,698 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Your in the right place to name n shame cowboys, scammers and conmen, feel free to report what they have or haven't done, who they claim to be and where they claim to be based.

There is nothing worse than exposure and warnings on MSE about any scam. ;)
    :A:dance:1+1+1=1:dance::A
    "Marleyboy you are a legend!"
    MarleyBoy "You are the Greatest"
    Marleyboy You Are A Legend!
    Marleyboy speaks sense
    marleyboy (total legend)
    Marleyboy - You are, indeed, a legend.
  • plumb1_2
    plumb1_2 Posts: 4,395 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    marleyboy wrote: »
    Your in the right place to name n shame cowboys, scammers and conmen, feel free to report what they have or haven't done, who they claim to be and where they claim to be based.

But be factual! or you could end up in court????
  • sarahg1969
    sarahg1969 Posts: 6,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Strange - your solicitor did not pick up on any of this from the documentation?
  • lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,643 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Why would a builder build a new brick skin around a 20 yr old house? It would have very thick walls.
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • mchale
    mchale Posts: 1,886 Forumite
    Options
    ctal wrote: »
    The solicitor did not pick it up, but that is not the worst thing that happened, the bulder used green oak timbers that have twisted whilst drying and caused no end of damage - he did not tell us or the the solicitors that either

I would name & shame your surveyor as well
    ANURADHA KOIRALA ??? go on throw it in google.
  • greenfish2
    Options
    marleyboy wrote: »

Can I warn other users about a bad builder here?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback