pre 2007 loan cancellation?

Hi has any one had a letter from a company called Beneficial Claims?
They claim ,when you phone them that they will investigate loans and HP taken out pre 2007 and that in most cases they can be cancelled due to the policy wording being wrong? They further claim that once you have given them the info they need re. policy/ hp [and pay them a fee] they contact the bank or whoever and if they do not respond within 15 days the agreement will be null and void?
Any one know of this ? seems like they have jumped on a band waggon that ought to be free like many of the things Martin has told us previously about, but there are companies trying to charge forthese services. I recovered money on loan protection free but companies charge for that if you let them,
Alistair

Comments

• _Andy_
    _Andy_ Posts: 11,150 Forumite
    Please use the search facility, this has been discussed a million and one times on these forums.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,033
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Makes you wonder how people actually find this site to post. If they googled and saw similar threads and decide to sign up and join in then they must have read those other threads.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • i dont know why you feel the need to constantly insult people who put questionning threads on this site. it is a site designed for advice and help, for people to find out information to help them out in their lives. if you cant give useful advice i wouldnt bother putting sarcastic comments on posts about the people asking the queries.
  • Once_bitten
    Once_bitten Posts: 76 Forumite
    suzie1234 wrote: »
    i dont know why you feel the need to constantly insult people who put questionning threads on this site. it is a site designed for advice and help, for people to find out information to help them out in their lives. if you cant give useful advice i wouldnt bother putting sarcastic comments on posts about the people asking the queries.

Oh for Goodness sake!!!!! Is there anything about ADWB's post that suggests it is nothing more than someone publicising the company?
  • i wouldnt have thought so as i have had a lot of similar calls from random companies lately that i have ignored its interesting to see what people know about them thats all
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,033
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Oh for Goodness sake!!!!! Is there anything about ADWB's post that suggests it is nothing more than someone publicising the company?

Correct. that is exactly what it looks like. It reads like a claims company individual trying to make out they are a consumer.

A normal poster would have at least read a few of the threads here or the guides that exist and would be asking questions specific to them which they cant get an answer on.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • _Andy_
    _Andy_ Posts: 11,150 Forumite
    suzie1234 wrote: »
    i dont know why you feel the need to constantly insult people who put questionning threads on this site. it is a site designed for advice and help, for people to find out information to help them out in their lives. if you cant give useful advice i wouldnt bother putting sarcastic comments on posts about the people asking the queries.

There are no sarcastic comments. I suggest you look up the definition.

If you can't tell that the post is blatant spam then I suggest you have another look.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure