“Experience” Company in liquidation

Hi, I’m looking for some advice. My husband was given a helicopter experience for his birthday from Gift Experience Scotland. We booked it for this Sunday (13th May) a couple of months ago but when I went to check the flight status today I discovered the company went into liquidation two days ago.

A liquidator hasn’t been appointed so there is no information as yet. Some experiences seem to be being honoured so I’ll keep checking but if ours isn’t what do you do?

The gift was from his Mum so we didn’t buy it. She used a debit card as she doesn’t have a credit card. I guess I’m lucky I haven’t encountered this before but I’d like to be able to help her as it wasn’t a cheap gift. Any advice welcome. Thank you.

Comments

• sausage_time
    sausage_time Posts: 748 Ambassador
    I'm a Volunteer Ambassador First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited 12 May 2018 at 8:18PM
    Same situation here! I'm wondering if chargeback can be invoked in this instance? In my case it is less than 120 days and a debit card was used.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Credit Cards and Budgeting & Bank Accounts boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Hi there, im having the same problem. Do you know how i would find out the date the company went into liquidation, is there an official document somewhere?
  • martindow
    martindow Posts: 10,213 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Erinmarcus wrote: »
    Hi there, im having the same problem. Do you know how i would find out the date the company went into liquidation, is there an official document somewhere?
    9th May according to this article

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/16221093.Gift_experience_firm_goes_bust__leaving_tens_of_thousands_out_of_pocket/

but I'm not sure how this helps. As suggested above, make a section 75 claim or a chargeback via your card company.
  • Hi.

I bought a gift experience through this company as a Christmas Present I paid through Paypal and have successfully made a claim and received a refund today. Just wanted to give the heads up in case anyone else had paid through paypal and hadn't claimed.
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • So disappointed, only read this here today so a bit late. Was given an Edinburgh tour with tea for two gift voucher in January and have been so, so looking forward to it.
    I booked the tour on 30 April to go on 28 June 2018. Not possible to 'phone this early hour but not sure who to contact to se if we are OK or not. Any advice will be gratefully received - it was a very special birthday gift.

Retired at 55
  • Tigsteroonie
    Tigsteroonie Posts: 24,954 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Interestingly, Companies House lists Gift Experience Scotland Ltd (SC344688) as still Active - so not in administration or liquidation yet.
    :heartpuls Mrs Marleyboy :heartpuls

MSE: many of the benefits of a helpful family, without disadvantages like having to compete for the tv remote

:) Proud Parents to an Aut-some son :)
  • Interestingly, Companies House lists Gift Experience Scotland Ltd (SC344688) as still Active - so not in administration or liquidation yet.

Thank you for this information, Tigsteroonie - maybe a bit of hope after all.

I have one contact telephone number - opens at 9.30 am so will try to 'phone then. I will post again if I have any response, thank you.

Retired at 55
  • Thank you for this information, Tigsteroonie - maybe a bit of hope after all.

I have one contact telephone number - opens at 9.30 am so will try to 'phone then. I will post again if I have any response, thank you.

Retired at 55

UPDATE - So pleased as I 'phoned and my voucher has been redeemed. Within a few minutes of my 'phone call the bus tour company very helpfully sent me a confirmation email and tour is all booked and confirmed.

I am so sorry for others who may not have had such a good outcome.

Thank you.

Retired at 55
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,041 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    There is a meeting of creditors in 26 June

https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/3043554
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing